X-Plus Model Kit: 1/8 Plastic Pieces (Universal Monsters / Vampirella / Marilyn...)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shoo

Super Freak
Reaction score
Daniele Danko Angelozzi said:
From Wonderfest2024, a couple of Universal monsters kits i have been working for Xplus during the past year 🥰

dI2zaBL.jpeg

Looks like there's a huge variety of 1/8 stuff coming from X-Plus, so I've just renamed this thread so that all these cool but smaller statues aren't scattered around the forum. Let's have this place as a hodgepodge of stuff as we learn of new releases. Chances are people interested in some of it will find out about pieces they wouldn't have even known about otherwise.

Even though there's stuff that's clearly not horror (Metropolis, Marilyn Monroe...), this seems to be the predominant genre, so I'll leave it here and I hope mods won't mind - I don't really want to create another thread for sci-fi, classic Hollywood stars, etc. These are such niche pieces, after all.

SiT8kBq.jpeg

c5VkOJO.jpeg

eRZf4Q5.jpeg

nojMpzx.jpeg

BnlGdTh.jpeg

Evnv509.jpeg

igV5wEx.jpeg

XK0A8u0.jpeg

P6vUEFJ.jpeg

Also, these are actually not 1/8 scale, but the overall size seems to be about the same:

x8kPssj.jpeg

CgL2NP9.jpeg

WkU7Q3J.jpeg

Not to rain on anyone's parade, or be the comic guy from the Simpsons....but these are model kits. They require building and paintwork from the customers after they get them home.

I guess you mean the Universal monsters. If so, that's right.

A 1/6 Rhedosaurus would be quite a sight, though!
Yes, I mean the Universal Monsters, and also Vampy, as I consider her a monster too haha!

Oh yeah, any large-scale dino is, I guess! Skipping the p1 Jurassic due to the price, but this I might get.

Not to rain on anyone's parade, or be the comic guy from the Simpsons....but these are model kits. They require building and paintwork from the customers after they get them home.
I can't speak for the others, but I am well aware of that, hence me hoping this in 1/6 scale, so it will be easier to paint the details.
The older I get, the harder it is to paint small bits like eyes etc. 😅

Yes, I mean the Universal Monsters, and also Vampy, as I consider her a monster too haha!

Oh yeah, any large-scale dino is, I guess! Skipping the p1 Jurassic due to the price, but this I might get.

I can't speak for the others, but I am well aware of that, hence me hoping this in 1/6 scale, so it will be easier to paint the details.
The older I get, the harder it is to paint small bits like eyes etc. 😅
*Whew* I saw the thread title "Plastic statues" and thought "Yikes....these guys are gonna be disappointed when they open a mold injected, styrene plastic model kit, and not a statue",lol. My brother just built and painted the Revenge of the Creature kit. It's a beauty.

*Whew* I saw the thread title "Plastic statues" and thought "Yikes....these guys are gonna be disappointed when they open a mold injected, styrene plastic model kit, and not a statue",lol. My brother just built and painted the Revenge of the Creature kit. It's a beauty.
ahahaha, well that's why the "model kit" is in front of the "plastic statues" on the title, I guess!
Oh so that one's already available for sale?
I don't want to miss the Frankenstein Monster one!

*Whew* I saw the thread title "Plastic statues" and thought "Yikes....these guys are gonna be disappointed when they open a mold injected, styrene plastic model kit, and not a statue",l
I simply used their wording, but you have a point. I'm replacing "statues" with "pieces" to help avoid confusion. :)

Oh so that one's already available for sale?
I don't want to miss the Frankenstein Monster one!
Those are at least the ones I accidentally found about when searching on one of those Asian Stores for "X-Plus" (Godzilla) stuff. :p

I simply used their wording, but you have a point. I'm replacing "statues" with "pieces" to help avoid confusion. :)

Those are at least the ones I accidentally found about when searching on one of those Asian Stores for "X-Plus" (Godzilla) stuff. :p
I see.
Those are really good-looking, I must say.
But in the end, it depends on our skill. Challenge accepted!

Back