underworld: rise of the lycans trailer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
im a bit confused by the timelines. did williams capture from the beginning of Evolution take place before this movie? if it did that means the slaughter of selenes family and her siring was also before this movie right?

im a bit confused by the timelines. did williams capture from the beginning of Evolution take place before this movie? if it did that means the slaughter of selenes family and her siring was also before this movie right?
i'm putting this in spoiler tags:
Spoiler Spoiler:

i'm hoping they'll expand the "Lycan Upcrising" storyline with another movie during this period instead of the Evolutions' timeframe.

i'm putting this in spoiler tags:
Spoiler Spoiler:

i'm hoping they'll expand the "Lycan Upcrising" storyline with another movie during this period instead of the Evolutions' timeframe.

selene is seen playing with the necklace/key as a little girl while her dad is building williams tomb in a flashback in Evolutions. i thought that took place before it wound up with sonja.

Saw the whole trilogy over the weekend, I think it makes the whole experience more enjoyable!!
Loved the new movie!!
A little nitpick is that in the First movie Sonja was a blonde, and now she has black hair!!

selene is seen playing with the necklace/key as a little girl while her dad is building williams tomb in a flashback in Evolutions. i thought that took place before it wound up with sonja.

They've played a little fast and loose with continuity, but from a character POV, it only makes sense if Selene comes after Sonja. Viktor seeking to replace his lost daughter and all...

And I really hope Sheen hasn't gotten too big for his britches with all the accolades for Frost/Nixon and will make more films.

However I just read today, that they're talking about a TV series. That could be pretty cool if they don't cheap out on it.

I thought this movie was awsome up until the sonja death part, wasn't even close to the flashbacks from the 1st one, thats my only gripe, anyone else?
and please dont take this in a bad way, im not mad just a frustration

Well think of the flashback as cliff notes.

Yea, it was completely different (including a different actress playing Sonja)- but you could explain it as a memory being filtered through whoever is doing the remembering.

They've played a little fast and loose with continuity, but from a character POV, it only makes sense if Selene comes after Sonja. Viktor seeking to replace his lost daughter and all...

And I really hope Sheen hasn't gotten too big for his britches with all the accolades for Frost/Nixon and will make more films.

However I just read today, that they're talking about a TV series. That could be pretty cool if they don't cheap out on it.

Bill Nighy in a tv series... sign me up. Big Viktor fan, so other than the flashback at the beginning of Evolution I was largely disappointed. I LOVE the first movie though, and being that it takes the regal roots of the characters back to the dark ages, I know I'm going to like what I see. I for one can't wait. It's the past of the Vampires and Lycans in these movies that has always intrigued me the most.

I can't wait to see this, loved the first 2, although its a shame Selene/Kate is't in it, it will be interesting to see how they have handled it.
Bring on the DVD :rock
x :peace

Saw this today, better than the first two imo. :rock

Rhona Mitra is HOT!

I loved the first Underworld, was underwhelmed by the second, and blown away by this one.

I remember back in the days when Rhona Mitra's hotness graced Boston Legal on a weekly basis. It was nice to see her again, and in more provocative scenes than courtroom contention.
Spoiler Spoiler:
Now THAT'S living.

And I was extremely surprised that they humanized Viktor; he was always portrayed as an unsympathetic despotic overlord devoid of compassion, save that which he uniquely extended to Selene. Very cool that they managed to make him relatable in some instances, while also playing up the fact that he remains an outrageously malicious bastard. The disparity between the appearance of William's lycans and Lucian's, the ballista defense mounts around the Vampire keep, their system governing relations with humans, seeing Death-Eaters for the first time, and all of the kickass action sequences (the fight between Viktor and Lucian was a particular highlight). Best. Underworld. Yet.

Anyone have a problem with Vampires having children that grow up? Was Sonja born human and then turned when she reached a certain age? Or was she born a vampire and then grew up?

Back