Underrated Horror Films?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, while I love the original also, the 90's version is really damn good and is part of my collection. Really good flick.

I just watched the trailer on youtube, and the "sink scene" lol. Seems quite cool tho. I'll have to track it down and give it a watch.

i watched Deep Rising the other day.
i think i watched this one before because of the trailer. anyone else seen this one?:monkey3

i watched Deep Rising the other day.
i think i watched this one before because of the trailer. anyone else seen this one?:monkey3

If you're referring to the Stephen Sommers film starring Treat Williams, yeah that was terrible. It had some funny moments though, but I don't think they were intentional. :lol

If you're referring to the Stephen Sommers film starring Treat Williams, yeah that was terrible. It had some funny moments though, but I don't think they were intentional. :lol

haha i actually liked it this time around.:lol
there were quite good people in the cast too.
i'm kinda like the idea of a sequel to this movie.:monkey3

Deep Rising...was that about the giant sea creature thing that gets on the cruise ship, tentacles and all...

I think that Crispin Glover's Willard is an underrated film. I love this movie and I never hear anyone talking about it. Finally got around to buying it on dvd and it renewed my love for this film. Crispin is an underrated actor in my opinion. Though the dude's a weirdo :lol

I think the cult following for Troll was really born after Troll 2. The whole movie is just horrible from the chessy dimestore masks to the GREEN blood-goo. It is one of those movies that is so bad, people get together and laugh at it.

I got The Beyond from Netflix last night. I imagine I'll watch it this evening.

I never saw The Beyond but I recently saw From Beyond. Wasn't bad but it wasn't great. Re-Animator still remains Stuart Gordon's best.

And Castle Freak is a great horror film, kinda underrated. Another good one by Stuart Gordon.

I never saw The Beyond but I recently saw From Beyond. Wasn't bad but it wasn't great. Re-Animator still remains Stuart Gordon's best.

I think From Beyond is a cool movie. In another thread, I suggested that it would be great as a remake candidate. Modern effects could really make it a cool flick.

yeah i love From Beyond and The Beyond. 2 great flicks in my opinion and I love the creature from Deep rising...while I cant remember much about the movie itself, I do remember the awesome monster.

I remember seeing castle freak when I was younger and it makes me think of Hell Night... I love that movie. Im going to have to netflix Castle Freak so I can refresh myself on that one.

I think that Crispin Glover's Willard is an underrated film. I love this movie and I never hear anyone talking about it. Finally got around to buying it on dvd and it renewed my love for this film. Crispin is an underrated actor in my opinion. Though the dude's a weirdo :lol

I agree, it is very creepy and well done. The perfect role for Crispin, and the Ben song alone is worth the price of admission :lol

Castle Freak is a pretty good one that you don't hear about too much. Had a nice creepy atmosphere to it. It's definitely worth watching over some of the current dreck that gets much more publicity.

how about The Guardian? anybody remembers this one? the babysitter from hell with a monster tree.:monkey3

Session 9 & Castle Freak.

EDIT: Pet Sematary.

:lecture:lecture:lecture

Session 9 is one of my favorites of all-time.

Not sure if they've been mentioned here yet, but I dearly love the Subspecies series as well.

Jess Franco's Count Dracula, Dan Curtis' Dracula, and the BBC production of Dracula with Louis Jourdan in the title role are all quite underrated adaptations. Franco's is quite faithful, especially with Christopher Lee's appearance as the Count echoing the book's description almost perfectly, and in Dan Curtis' version, as odd a casting choice as Jack Palance seems at first, he was excellent as Dracula.

how about The Guardian? anybody remembers this one? the babysitter from hell with a monster tree.:monkey3

I remember the Guardian, but at the same time, i remember it being not that interesting...just a crazy babysitter as you said...but that was a long time ago so who knows.

Back