Underrated Horror Films?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought Demon Knight was the first TFTC film? I know of that and Bordello and Ritual. Ritual sucked.

There's one from the 70s that involves five seemingly random people who find their way into a catacomb-like crypt with a creepy man (the Cryptkeeper) who has them sit down, and then we see a story for each one of them.

To say anymore is to ruin the experience. Suffice to say, it's a great horror film!!

There's one from the 70s that involves five seemingly random people who find their way into a catacomb-like crypt with a creepy man (the Cryptkeeper) who has them sit down, and then we see a story for each one of them.

To say anymore is to ruin the experience. Suffice to say, it's a great horror film!!

Oh I see. Thanks bud.

I thought Demon Knight was the first TFTC film? I know of that and Bordello and Ritual. Ritual sucked.

Nope. The must own 1972 film: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tales_from_the_Crypt_(film)

Found it for like $5 at WalMart with the Vault of Horror double feature:
51tx0gJMB-L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I loved the old horror anthology films. They were awesome. I've been looking to find one in particular for soo long.Maybe not the best place to ask but just thought i'd quickly ask while we're (kind of) on the subject. There was one of those 60's or 70's horror anthology films and about all i remember was this guy was in some small village and everyone turned out to be sort of ghouls, and he and a girl he saved hid in this church, then when the sun came up they escaped and made it to the road, where they waved down a police car. As they thought the were safe the car drove them back into the village and the policemen turned around to reveal they were freaky ghoul types too.
Sorry about the long post, hope someone can help cos i've been looking for this for years. Im putting my faith in you guys. Haha.

I loved the old horror anthology films. They were awesome. I've been looking to find one in particular for soo long.Maybe not the best place to ask but just thought i'd quickly ask while we're (kind of) on the subject. There was one of those 60's or 70's horror anthology films and about all i remember was this guy was in some small village and everyone turned out to be sort of ghouls, and he and a girl he saved hid in this church, then when the sun came up they escaped and made it to the road, where they waved down a police car. As they thought the were safe the car drove them back into the village and the policemen turned around to reveal they were freaky ghoul types too.
Sorry about the long post, hope someone can help cos i've been looking for this for years. Im putting my faith in you guys. Haha.

This sounds like a lot of films I have seen :lol. I'll try and figure this one out for ya.

Haha, i know. Its been so annoying cos its quite typical of these old horror anthologies. If you uncover anything let me know. I'll be forever in your debt. Haha.

I have seen that at Walmart! I have to go back and see if I can find it now.

Good luck! I found it during an annoyingly forced visit to pick up the Legends WalMart Ex Punisher figure. I LOATH going there, but it's definitely worth sifting through the trailer trash customers to own the flick. :lol

And yet, ironically, the ending definitely seemed very much so, like a Stephen King ending.

yeah, but an ending i wasnt really expecting as i've read the shorties. mind you the short had some sex scene in that setting(grocery store).:lol

but to be honest, i do kinda prefer the movie ending....for that arrggghhhhhhh!! factor. really caught me off guard.

I think the ending is one of the best parts cause it just leaves you in that holy ____ moment...

Thinking of another movie that I thought was underated. Anyone see Rogue...not necessrily horror,
but damn that movie was awesome. It makes me think of Jaws, but with a croc. A great movie in my opinion.

yeah, but an ending i wasnt really expecting as i've read the shorties. mind you the short had some sex scene in that setting(grocery store).:lol

but to be honest, i do kinda prefer the movie ending....for that arrggghhhhhhh!! factor. really caught me off guard.

I prefer a rewrite that makes sense, vs. something like The Running Man where they totally butchered an awesome story by King and made it into 100% garbage.

I'm gonna throw this out there as someone who despises Megan Fox, but Jennifer's Body is underrated I think. It was funny and overall entertaining IMO.

Back