Underrated Horror Films?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't even know WTF happened let alone how my reply was any bit more "offensive" than the "you're dead to me twice!" remark. Did something get deleted by a mod?! :dunno

Not that I saw. I thought your response was no worse than his, anyway.
I'd say don't worry about it, but I know that you won't. :clap

The Ruins made me want to read the book it was fashioned after. It was a cool story, but the acting could have been better, IMO.

Just finished this book Tuesday. Good book, better than the movie. I liked the movie but the book was better and alot was changed for the movie in terms of the the vines, how the characters died and in what order.

Just finished this book Tuesday. Good book, better than the movie. I liked the movie but the book was better and alot was changed for the movie in terms of the the vines, how the characters died and in what order.

Loved the book. Though I liked the movie, I can't understand why they changed what they did. The book also really gave the impression that the plants were intelligent, malevolent beings. I didn't get the vibe so much in the movie. The Book's ending was more powerful too.

Anyone seen "Otto; or, up with dead people"? I know a few here will be turned off by the subject matter. Also good to know it's highly unlikely this move will ever get the Americanised remake version.

Last edited:
C.H.U.D. needs a figure dammit =/.
I could not agree more. Such a classic hidden gem.

Thanks for the heads-up. I'm about to order a copy of the book.

There' one Indie movie called Deadgirl which I kind of like and hate at the same time, I find that movie extremely disturbing, if you haven't seen it yet I gotta warn you, the movie sort of have to do with Zombie rape...

Then there's Cannibal Holocaust which I like cuz they mix real killings with fake ones and just the whole movie feels pretty realistic to me. It can be slow at times but to me that adds to the realism of a documentary, they are boring in nature :) The added realism together with what happens to the characters really makes me uncomfortable watching.

Most horror flicks I actually enjoy watching, these two so far are the ones that leave so much negative impact that I really have no interest watching them a second time.

Last edited:
There' one Indie movie called Deadgirl which I kind of like and hate at the same time, I find that movie extremely disturbing, if you haven't seen it yet I gotta warn you, the movie sort of have to do with Zombie rape...

Yeah I thought Deadgirl was pretty good for a little indie flick. I didnt really think it was disturbing, but I will say it was kind of gross :thud:

Yeah I thought Deadgirl was pretty good for a little indie flick. I didnt really think it was disturbing, but I will say it was kind of gross :thud:

Wasn't that the one where the two guys kidnap a zombie and raper her or something? I almost picked it up but the subject matter left me a bit turned off. :lol

Also, underrated: FIDO

yeah Fido was pretty good. Dead girl they dont actually kidnap her, but more or less find her in an old warehouse/basement type building, lol. Yeah the movie itself is ok, but yeah I have to say they actually do her makeup well enough that she looks old and stinky and moldy and wouldnt even think of touching her where she pees...in they movie they obviously do...

yeah Fido was pretty good. Dead girl they dont actually kidnap her, but more or less find her in an old warehouse/basement type building, lol. Yeah the movie itself is ok, but yeah I have to say they actually do her makeup well enough that she looks old and stinky and moldy and wouldnt even think of touching her where she pees...in they movie they obviously do...

.....:gah:

I didn't like Fido. It was a cool gimmick but it was kind of like an snl skit, only it was waaaay longer. It couldn't sustain my interest for the entire film.

i remember that scene...its like a necrophiliac wet dream.:lol

I loved Fido. The next door neighbor with the young female zombie is the coolest dude ever. Plus, I could watch Carrie Anne Moss do her taxes and be excited.

I watched The Brood last night. Cronenberg comes up with some crazy stuff.

I love the Brood...theres a girl here at my work that is rather petite and her hair style...well we always laugh and say if you put her in a little rain coat she'd look just like one of those creepy mutant children, lol.

Back