UNCHARTED 4: A Thief's End - PS4 Exclusive

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: New UNCHARTED - PS4

No way. Uncharted is Drake. You can't have a game without him. If you want a Chloe game, go play the new Tomb Raider. Basically the same thing.

No way. Uncharted is Drake. You can't have a game without him. If you want a Chloe game, go play the new Tomb Raider. Basically the same thing.

:pfft: Why can't Chloe have her own story? Metal Gear switches constantly from Snake to Big Boss.

:pfft: Why can't Chloe have her own story? Metal Gear switches constantly from Snake to Big Boss.

They’re almost the same character though. Some people who play those games probably think they’re the same person.

The next Indy movie should really be about Short Round. The Indiana Jones series needs a break from Indiana Jones. Short Round deserves it.

And, the next Superman movie should star Batman. (Heh.) Also, Bond should be about Moneypenny, and the next Trek should be mostly about Uhura.

SnakeDoc

What..........? no

Big Boss and Solid Snake?

If you’re really into the series, then obviously you can tell the differences, but for the casual gamer, I doubt they can tell any real difference between the two, either in appearance or personality.

I think 50% of the time if you read a Metal Gear article, the journalist tends to think Solid and Big Boss are the same character.

It’s why some fans are happy Kiefer Sutherland is now voicing Big Boss, so they can make him his own distinct character.

The next Indy movie should really be about Short Round. The Indiana Jones series needs a break from Indiana Jones. Short Round deserves it.

And, the next Superman movie should star Batman. (Heh.) Also, Bond should be about Moneypenny, and the next Trek should be mostly about Uhura.

SnakeDoc

:clap:lol:goodpost:

Big Boss and Solid Snake?

If you’re really into the series, then obviously you can tell the differences, but for the casual gamer, I doubt they can tell any real difference between the two, either in appearance or personality.

I think 50% of the time if you read a Metal Gear article, the journalist tends to think Solid and Big Boss are the same character.

It’s why some fans are happy Kiefer Sutherland is now voicing Big Boss, so they can make him his own distinct character.

Why do we all think Big Boss was called Naked Snake, and constantly referred to as 'Snake' in MGS3?... why were all the codec conversations etc so similar?... Why did David Hayter voice him?... The lines between Naked and Solid Snake moving from MGS2 to 3 were so close it wasn't funny..

They didn't have to make them so similar... Old Big Boss looked more like Solidus, and nothing like Old Snake... I won't accept the 'clone' explanation for having the same voice. Solidus and Liquid had completely different voices, as did Old Snake and Old.... Yes, ultimately the more the back story of Big Boss goes on, the more individual they become, but for a gamer transitioning between 2 and 3, you were effectively playing Solid Snake with camouflage and hand to hand fighting skills...

As for the original point... yeah, I agree with the post that Uncharted with Chloe would pretty much be Tomb Raider reboot Lara, as she will likely be in the sequel... (brimming with more confidence and competence)

Why do we all think Big Boss was called Naked Snake, and constantly referred to as 'Snake' in MGS3?... why were all the codec conversations etc so similar?... Why did David Hayter voice him?... The lines between Naked and Solid Snake moving from MGS2 to 3 were so close it wasn't funny..

They didn't have to make them so similar... Old Big Boss looked more like Solidus, and nothing like Old Snake... I won't accept the 'clone' explanation for having the same voice. Solidus and Liquid had completely different voices, as did Old Snake and Old.... Yes, ultimately the more the back story of Big Boss goes on, the more individual they become, but for a gamer transitioning between 2 and 3, you were effectively playing Solid Snake with camouflage and hand to hand fighting skills...

As for the original point... yeah, I agree with the post that Uncharted with Chloe would pretty much be Tomb Raider reboot Lara, as she will likely be in the sequel... (brimming with more confidence and competence)

I agree on both accounts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And lets not forget..... The fans packed a crap when Raiden was introduced as the main character of MGS2... ok, a lot of that was they way they did it. (led us to believe the game was Under Seige starring Solid Snake, when that part only lasted 45 minutes, and then they pulled the rug out from under us...), so that's probably why they kept Solid and Naked so much alike...

And lets not forget..... The fans packed a crap when Raiden was introduced as the main character of MGS2... ok, a lot of that was they way they did it. (led us to believe the game was Under Seige starring Solid Snake, when that part only lasted 45 minutes, and then they pulled the rug out from under us...), so that's probably why they kept Solid and Naked so much alike...

That is actually the reason, Kojima has stated that plenty of times, he didn't think the fans would be okay with another game without "Snake" so he made them as similar as possible. Fortunately he's starting to make Big Boss his own distinct character.

I just hope they bring back Chloe's old butt. I still don't get why they changed her U2 model...

I would love to see Chloe get her own game, she has a lot of personality that I feel could work.

I'm tired of seeing the Tomb Raider comparisons, they're completely different.

I really dont think we'll get much of anything from Uncharted this year. Were lucky if the game releases 2015.

I just hope we get confirmation that this game is still in good hands. I was hoping the Ladst of Us team were making this once since they made 1 & 2. 3 was a different team in the same studio and while still awesome, not as great as 2

Well apparently people from Uncharted 2 are working along side TLOU crew. And we all know U2 was the best, so maybe both successful teams can make a good (and final I hope) sequel.

I don't think the uncharted is the kind series that needs to end

Personally I don't have an issue with Chloe getting her own game. She has the charm to make it work as a lead (being very similar to Drake, just a bit more selfish), and I wouldn't have an issue with Sully or Elena. Maybe Elena since she would be a bit less interesting honestly. Sully is cool enough to make it work though.

Back