UNCHARTED 4: A Thief's End - PS4 Exclusive

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: New UNCHARTED - PS4

U3 sucked... chew it and swallow... we all know they did the same story arc and literally imo f'd up his iconic appereance by his ring going missing. Tbh that ring is like Indy's hat... Ntm the whole "I'm a runaway with a drunk dad and suicide mom and I choose my last name" is utter bs. Why change the whole background of a character to justify a 3rd sequel. Honestly I have a lot of hangups with the game. So 4 better not be $@&% or I'm gonna do the "Star Wars Fan" and be a purist for only 1 & 2.
I wasn't a big fan of Drake being a false identity myself. Thankfully there's nothing to imply his first name isn't still Nathan. The worst thing Naughty Dog can do is claim his real identity has been Jeremy Wallace this entire time.

I wasn't a big fan of Drake being a false identity myself. Thankfully there's nothing to imply his first name isn't still Nathan. The worst thing Naughty Dog can do is claim his real identity has been Jeremy Wallace this entire time.

me neither but a way I think they can "rebound" it (even though it seems extremely cheesy and stupid), is that in this game (if Drake is in it, no doubt he will be) Drake, Elena, and Sully are walking through a swap meet and he sees something he's not sure about and as he walks closer he realizes its his ring and asks how the seller got it, the seller then replies that he bought it off someone in Cairo who bought it off a seller in Yemen who claimed to have seen it "laying there" while traveling across the dessert.

as for the real name I also hope his first name is Nathan, but I hope they reveal that he is in fact a descendent of Drake, except it's not as a direct as he thought (maybe one of Drakes relatives was adopted, or "removed" and that he comes from one of them.)

I was a fan of Drake lying about his heritage and making up his name and past. Only makes him more interesting as a character and solidifies his knack for lying, deception, and other scoundrel activities.

Says the man who thinks MoS Theme is better than John Williams. I'm entitled to my opinion just as you Gaspar. And for your info 1 was way better story wise than 3. Ntm I don't remember 1 making me actually f'n walk in circles with the character for 30 min in a desert. Also Drake was so serious he wasn't even witty at all in his actions.

Agreed everyone's entitled to their own opinion,... And my opinion was the desert scenes were some of the best in the game.

Yeah, okay but the whole game was all about Drake's past (And Sully's) and tbh it got boring with the whole concept.

Imo Naughty Dog has ran out of places for Drake to explore without him copying Indy. And ik a lot of people would be bored playing a game looking for the holy grail or lost ark. Just be a rip-off of Indy.

I mean if they want a better game they need to research more things that equal fortune or something that a man (or woman) with power would go after at no costs.

1 had El Dorado with a corpse that made ya into a evil ghoul, 2 had Shambala and tree sap that made you heal and almost super-human, 3?

3 had a hulicigentic water source (which supposedly had a evil jar inside the city that Katherine and Talbot tried to fish out.) that made you see evil spirits in men.

So 3 basically is about Drake's past, him getting high 2 times and Elena taking him back. Hell at the ending when I saw Sully hand him a ring I thought Sully switched out the one Katherine had with the fake again from beginning. Low and behold he's been carrying Drake's wedding ring. Nice job slick... You had a modern ring and she had a 300-400 year old one and you were close to her the whole time you were missing and you couldn't even swipe it? Also the fight with Talbot was weak compared to Lazarevic.

In all honesty, if we wanted to know Drake's past; we'd learn it in a dc comic... not a game. That's how we know Chloe's past, why should Drake's be any different? Least then we could call it Canon.

All I can really say is, for the 4th installment; they should think about the fortune or artifact first... Heck look at Tomb Raider from early this year, the story was fantastic.. Square Enix thought out of the box. So can Naughty Dog. Lastly, NO F'N ALIENS!!! I'm sick of the whole Alien bs we get lately, hell Assassin's Creed was ruined with that. But that's another story.

So anyway the story arc should be different. Also I find them always putting him in a new element is okay. 1 jungle, 2 snow, 3 desert. However 4 with him being underwater would be interesting... we never do much of that in any of the series. I think really if we want a good story, put him in Europe and then Africa. Something where he's in the European woods one minute but doing death defying jumps in a big skyscraper modern city thenm to African plains to the Congo which lead to a series of underwater caves. We haven't seen Drake do that yet. For a boss a black market crime lord looking for a artifact would be interesting. That's what I think would make U4 better. New ideas... is what should keep Uncharted Fresh.

Well those could be key places, but I think King Solomon's Mines would better choice...

Some concerning news coming out of ND today. Amy Hennig, lead creative director for the Uncharted series, has left - reasons are unclear, but rumors circulating that she may have have been forced out. Willing or not, she was a HUGE part of the Uncharted series success, including Uncharted 2. Almost everyones fav game in the series.

GI LINK

Some concerning news coming out of ND today. Amy Hennig, lead creative director for the Uncharted series, has left - reasons are unclear, but rumors circulating that she may have have been forced out. Willing or not, she was a HUGE part of the Uncharted series success, including Uncharted 2. Almost everyones fav game in the series.

GI LINK

Yeah, I read that earlier today. It's a shame and I hope the reasons behind departure will be known public soon. I wonder if it will effect the quality of U4..

Yeah, I read that earlier today. It's a shame and I hope the reasons behind departure will be known public soon. I wonder if it will effect the quality of U4..
Yeah, that is the major concern. And yes, The Last of Us had excellent writing too, I just hate to think she was forced out.

Looks like ND is taking another page out of their Kojima book :lol

Extremely to see something on this game, I know for certain the visuals will be amazing. The PS4 could also use a decent multiplayer game as well, hopefully this is it.

c308d88f9e24a0e87e70925ad19c39c2cae411a95aa5312b9f0e3c671739ccfe.jpg

I played U1-3 all within a couple of months of each other because I was late to the party and enjoyed it like crazy. Really looking forward to U4 but I'll need a PS4 first, lol.

SOURCE - IGN

The Last of Us' Directors Are Officially Heading Up Uncharted 4
Neil Druckmann and Bruce Straley have taken control of Drake's next adventure.
By Colin Moriarty

When Amy Hennig - the creator and writer of the Uncharted series - left Sony-owned developer Naughty Dog, the future of the franchise was left in question. Who would take control of the newly-announced Uncharted game for PlayStation 4? Now, thanks to an interview in Game Informer, we have an answer.

When asked by Game Informer if Neil Druckmann and Bruce Straley - the game industry veterans who rose to prominence with The Last of Us - would help the project in transition, Naughty Dog Co-President Evan Wells stated that, “It's not so much of a transition period, actually. We've asked them to lead the project.”

Under Naughty Dog's loose two-team structure, Druckmann and Straley worked on Uncharted 2: Among Thieves before moving on to The Last of Us, while another team - headed up by Hennig and recently departed director Justin Richmond -- toiled away on Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception. So both men have plenty of experience with the Uncharted series.

Hennig and Richmond aren't the only high profile departures to happen in the last few months at Naughty Dog. The studio also lost its long-time lead character artist. Naughty Dog also opted to recast the villain in Uncharted 4. Hennig has since landed at Visceral Games and will be penning an upcoming Star Wars game. Sony told IGN that Hennig's departure - as well as others - is all part of the course of business.

PlayStation 4's Uncharted game - which hasn't officially been christened Uncharted 4 as of yet - is a likely candidate to be shown at Sony's E3 press conference, which is one week from today. Hopefully, we'll have more information on it soon.

Last edited:

I honestly think the game will be better for it.

i am kinda worried because when the original creator of a game gets passed .. it's not the same anymore

Resident Evil got passed down from Shinji Mikami to other creators and it lost it's flavor

Assassin's Creed got passed from Patrice Désilets to other creators and lost it's flavor

not saying the continued series were bad. its just it aint the same anymore .

i am kinda worried because when the original creator of a game gets passed .. it's not the same anymore

Resident Evil got passed down from Shinji Mikami to other creators and it lost it's flavor

Assassin's Creed got passed from Patrice Désilets to other creators and lost it's flavor

not saying the continued series were bad. its just it aint the same anymore .

g137546945018816480.jpg

In other news, I think Uncharted needs a break well... from Drake to be honest. I think it's Chloe's time to shine and Drake be the surprise helper of the game.

2084170-259px_chloe__render.jpg

Back