UNCHARTED 4: A Thief's End - PS4 Exclusive

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does Sony own Uncharted and ND just develops it or is it ND's property and Sony just gets the game. If it's Sony's property, then even if ND decided that this was the last game in the series, Sony could push for more. It wouldn't be the first time that a studio decided to tie up a game only to have the property owner day nope and then have another studio develop it.

I'm pretty jazzed for this game. I don't own a PS4 but this series was pretty much the only reason I even got a PS3. If those visuals are in game (I'm sorta doubting they are as it looked almost like a cinematic) but even if they are mostly like it, I will be blown away and buying a PS4 JUST for this gsme alone.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/e3-2014-uncharted-ps4-is-1080p-targeting-60fps/1100-6420305/

Uncharted: A Thief's End for the PlayStation 4 runs in 1080p, Naughty Dog announced tonight in a post on the PlayStation Blog. The studio is targeting 60fps for the game.

In addition, Naughty Dog said everything you see in the game's teaser trailer above was captured completely in-engine. "As you can see, the visual fidelity for our character models will reach new heights," Naughty Dog community strategist Eric Monacelli said.

Monacelli pointed out that Nathan Drake's character model--at the current state of development--has more than double the number of polygons of Joel from the PlayStation 3 version of The Last of Us.

As for the story for Uncharted: A Thief's End, Naughty Dog writes, "[Nathan Drake] will embark on a globe-trotting journey in pursuit of a historical conspiracy behind a fabled pirate treasure. It's his greatest adventure yet and will test his physical limits, his resolve, and ultimately what he's willing to sacrifice to save the ones he loves."

Uncharted: A Thief's End launches in 2015 exclusively on PS4.

Trailer was in game confirmed :yess:

Fabled pirate treasure?? :panic; it's gotta be this guy's...

eyepatch_goonies20.jpg

In game ENGINE. Not in game graphics. Im surprised people still fall for this. It will look fantastic. Its ND. Thats what they do, but if you honestly expect the in game graphics to look like that trailer.....

Does Sony own Uncharted and ND just develops it or is it ND's property and Sony just gets the game. If it's Sony's property, then even if ND decided that this was the last game in the series, Sony could push for more. It wouldn't be the first time that a studio decided to tie up a game only to have the property owner day nope and then have another studio develop it.

I'm pretty jazzed for this game. I don't own a PS4 but this series was pretty much the only reason I even got a PS3. If those visuals are in game (I'm sorta doubting they are as it looked almost like a cinematic) but even if they are mostly like it, I will be blown away and buying a PS4 JUST for this gsme alone.
Sony owns Naughty Dog as a first party developer, while Uncharted is ND's property. You are correct though on Sony pushing for more, this happened with God of War Ascension :slap

this is one of my reasons for buying a PS4 however.

In game ENGINE. Not in game graphics. Im surprised people still fall for this. It will look fantastic. Its ND. Thats what they do, but if you honestly expect the in game graphics to look like that trailer.....

I think it will look pretty damn close to that.

I think it will look pretty damn close to that.

It may be close enough that most people dont care, but personally I wish they would stop doing this kind of stuff for game trailers and just show the real deal and not false promises they cant possibly deliver on. They set themselves up to disappoint people even when they make something fantastic. Sony never seems to learn that lesson.

It may be close enough that most people dont care, but personally I wish they would stop doing this kind of stuff for game trailers and just show the real deal and not false promises they cant possibly deliver on. They set themselves up to disappoint people even when they make something fantastic. Sony never seems to learn that lesson.

Well, even if the final product is a visual downgrade, at least ND will probably have a good reason for it, such as the strain it will put on the engine, etc. It's commendable, or at least understandable, that developers are trying to make the best first impression they can.

One word for that trailer: GOOSEBUMPS

Oh, and Nathan Fillion is damn near a dead ringer for older, PS4 detailed Drake. Seriously, there were a few moments in the trailer that I thought the likeness was uncanny.

Well, even if the final product is a visual downgrade, at least ND will probably have a good reason for it, such as the strain it will put on the engine, etc. It's commendable, or at least understandable, that developers are trying to make the best first impression they can.

Understandable yes..commendable? Problem I have is that they know right now that they can't make the game look this good. That's why they're doing a dolled up trailer and calling it "in engine" instead of a completely straight in game trailer. To make the game look better than they know it'll eventually look. They do this because they know it works. The hype is far more valuable to them than the few boos they might get from people like me. At least this isn't fake gameplay. It's not a big deal to me since it's just a cut scene, but when I see people making the assumption that the gameplay will look like this I have to scratch my head.

Problem I have is that they know right now that they can't make the game look this good. That's why they're doing a dolled up trailer and calling it "in engine" instead of a completely straight in game trailer.

You know that for certain? Naughty Dog is full of programming McGuyvers that squeeze every ounce of power out of their hardware to create visuals that admittedly baffle other developers.

You know that for certain? Naughty Dog is full of programming McGuyvers that squeeze every ounce of power out of their hardware to create visuals that admittedly baffle other developers.

That was true before when they were working on the enigma of the PS3 hardware. They worked exclusively on that hardware and were able to figure out things that other developers were still scratching their heads at. The PS4 is built like a standard gaming PC though. A very streamlined and straight forward architecture. No real mysteries to solve.

Back