Ultimate Spider-Man Animated series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So far I have yet to see a bad Spider-Man show and that includes Ultimate Spider-Man. Once I saw written by Paul Dini in the credits I knew I was in for a good show. This did not disappoint. This is some of the best animation I've seen from a Marvel show in recent years. I hope we get to see the Ultimates because I think this animation is better than the Avengers animation. I kinda like the small change they made to his suit, I love that he fought the Frightful Four, I never thought I'd see Thundra in a cartoon that didn't have the Hulk or She-Hulk in it.
Stan Lee actually looks like Stan Lee in this series. To me, this was a nice way to transition from the awesome Spectacular Spider-Man. I can't wait to see next week's episode.

With such a talented group behind it I feel confident that we'll see USM doing some of the stuff from the comic like fight the Hulk, fight Deadpool, team up with the X-Men, be forced to join the Sinister Six and battle the Ultimates on the front yard of the White House. This series has so much potential and the right people to make it happen.

Last edited:
The only thing I don't like is that they made Luke Cage, Nova, White Tiger, and Iron Fist kids too. Spidey is just fine as that is how he was introduced, but I don't like them making the others kids just to give him someone to hang with. I like they included Caulson though! Man did that guy hit the jackpot with his small Iron Man role! :lol

I saw the first two episodes last night. I liked it (not loved it.) Again, as some mentioned, there's way too much S.H.I.E.L.D. and along with that the Avengers, etc. I want more character development with the Spider-Man based characters rather than the others.

I'll definitely follow it for a few more episodes, and see where it goes from there.

Have you ever seen Spider-Man Unlimited?

I watched it religiously and loved it for what it is. It was different. It reflected a different story for Spidey. I loved that Spider-Man was in a world were there were actual animal men thanks to the High Evolutionary. If I remember correctly it was the first time High Evolutionary ever made it to a TV series. I actually catch it every now and then on Netflix.

I really loved that late 90's/early 2000's animation. It was a nice change of pace. A storyline were he wasn't worried about Aunt May and Mary Jane. Also, the transformation sequence was pretty cool plus the little gadgets reminded me of Batman Beyond. I think I'm gonna watch an episode right now. If Spider-Man Unlimited has one redeeming factor it is that it got Peter Parker and Spider-Man right. When Spidey is involved in the Secret Wars or is on a mission with the Avengers or the Future Foundation I really just want them to get Spidey right. That's all I really ask for.

This is alright. Obviously aimed for the younger crowd. Specifically didn't like how hard it tries to be over the top funny. Wish they just continued Spectacular Spider-Man instead though.

This is alright. Obviously aimed for the younger crowd. Specifically didn't like how hard it tries to be over the top funny. Wish they just continued Spectacular Spider-Man instead though.

Spectacular was really starting to grow on me and then *poof* it was canceled.

If that's the case, they're failing miserably in my house. My 9 year old said "It's like Teen Titans, except not very funny." Spectacular Spider-Man was his favorite show ever, so he's kind of holding a grudge because of it's cancelation.

If that's the case, they're failing miserably in my house. My 9 year old said "It's like Teen Titans, except not very funny." Spectacular Spider-Man was his favorite show ever, so he's kind of holding a grudge because of it's cancelation.

Smart kid.

I saw the last episode, it wasn't that good. I thought Drake Bell would be good in this role especially since his parody role was basically Spidey but his joke and everything fall flat. I'm interested to see how they are going to introduce Venom next episode but I don't think I'll be watching anything near long term.

Back