Ultimate Spider-Man Animated series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OSCORP

Super Freak
Reaction score
SuperHeroHype Aug 7th, 2010
<fb:like class=" fb_edge_widget_with_comment fb_iframe_widget" layout="button_count" show_faces="false" width="100" action="like" colorscheme="light"><iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/like.php?action=like&api_key=aff4212ac6a867e8371a6a7dae0937c4&channel_url=http%3A%2F%2Fstatic.ak.fbcdn.net%2Fconnect%2Fxd_proxy.php%23%3F%3D%26cb%3Df165ca5e896727e%26origin%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.superherohype.com%252Ff33db460bccc7%26relation%3Dparent.parent%26transport%3Dpostmessage&colorscheme=light&href=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.superherohype.com%2Fnews%2Farticles%2F105373-ultimate-spider-man-animated-series-team-announced&layout=button_count&locale=en_US&node_type=link&sdk=joey&show_faces=false&width=100" style="border: medium none; overflow: hidden; height: 20px; width: 100px;" name="ff575cf25172dc" id="f22b18f42d9296a"></iframe></fb:like> Including Dini, Bendis, Casey, Kelly, Rouleau and Seagle
Marvel <nobr style="color: darkblue; font-weight: normal; font-size: 100%; font-family: Arial,Helvetica,sans;" id="itxt_nobr_2_0">Entertainment </nobr> released the following announcement about the Ultimated Spider-Man animated series:
ultimatespideycast.jpg
In a coup for Marvel Entertainment, Jeph Loeb, Head of Marvel TV, revealed the all-star, award-winning creative team for the upcoming Ultimate Spider-Man animated series, premiering on Disney XD. This team includes the most sought-after and acclaimed writers in the comic and television industries, including Eisner & Emmy award-winning scribe Paul Dini (Batman: The Animated Series, Lost); Eisner award-winning writer Brian Michael Bendis (visionary behind Marvel's Ultimate Spider-Man comic series); and the red-hot creative powerhouse Man of Action Studios (creators of hit series Ben 10 and Generator Rex), comprised of lauded creators Joe Casey, Joe Kelly, Duncan Rouleau and Steven T. Seagle .

Steering Ultimate Spider-Man as the Creative Consultant, Dini will also write the series pilot; as Supervising Producers, Man of Action Studios will direct the writing staff, generate scripts and story edit; and Bendis, the man who reinvented Spider-Man for a new generation, will oversee the series as Consulting Producer.
"When we first sat down to discuss 'Ultimate Spider-Man,' we put together a wish list of the most exciting talent working in animation who would bring the best voice and creative direction to the show - and I'm proud to say we got them all," said Jeph Loeb. "We want 'Ultimate Spider-Man' to be a showcase for Marvel Animation and Spider-Man is the perfect character to give fans just what they want."
Working in the Marvel Universe for the first time, Dini explained, "As a lifelong fan of the Marvel Universe, I'm excited to tackle these characters in such a bold new series. 'Ultimate Spider-Man' will bring fans a new take on their favorite friendly neighborhood hero- and some surprise cast members-- while staying true to what's always made Spidey so popular. We've got a superb creative team assembled with amazing stories to tell and I can't wait for fans to see what we've cooked up."
Bendis echoed those sentiments, exclaiming, "It's 'Ultimate Spider-Man,' the animated series-and it happened in my lifetime! That's just so cool. I couldn't be more excited to be a part of this and here's to Jeph Loeb for putting it all together!"
Equally thrilled to join "Ultimate Spider-Man," the Man of Action team explained, "We're looking forward to having a lot of fun working on Spider-Man. They've brought us in to help provide a unique vision for the show while remaining absolutely true to the character, so that's exactly what we'll be doing. Should be a great ride!"
Cort Lane, Vice-President of Animation Production & Development added, "From 'The Super Hero Squad Show' to the upcoming 'Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes,' Marvel Animation is focused on making the best super hero shows for fans of all ages. Now, with this tremendous talent signed for Ultimate Spider-Man, we're about to give fans super-powered animation like they've never seen before."

A COMMENT THAT ECHOES TRUTH
"Paul Dini!!! Brian Michael Bendis!!!!! AM I DREAMING!? I MUST BE DREAMING!!?? This isn't going to be the best <nobr style="color: darkblue; font-weight: normal; font-size: 100%; font-family: Arial,Helvetica,sans;" id="itxt_nobr_18_0">Spider-Man </nobr> show ever, or even the best superhero show ever, this will be THE BEST show of all time. My mind has blown. I'm actually more excited for this show now than the next Spider-Man movie! "

Dini and Bendis being attached to this makes me very excited about this series. This could potentially be the best Spider-Man series of all time.

:rock I loved the Ultimate Spder-Man comics...Gonna be cool watching them come to life...

I miss spectacular spiderman though. I was never a big fan of ultimate i feel they screwed up carnage and revealed spiderman identity to almost all of his villians.

I'll be honest, from Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends to Spider-Man Unlimited and especially Spectacular Spider-Man I don't think there has been a bad cartoon series starring Spidey.

This is no exception.

This show looks to be incredible with all of the clout and creative geniuses behind it. Dini, Bendis, Loeb AND Man Of Action, this may be one of the greatest superhero cartoons ever made let alone one of the greatest Spider-Man shows ever.
Why can they do such great things on TV that they cannot do on film?
I can't wait.

Last edited:
Another Spider-man cartoon?

Can we get something that isn't Spidey / Hulk / Iron Man? :lol

Marvel has a huge list of interesting characters, why not use them? DC has shown that B and C-listers can be interesting if the writing is good (see Batman: Brave and the Bold)

Also, is this going to be on Disney XD? That's like a death sentence for Marvel shows.

I'll be honest, from Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends to Spider-Man Unlimited and especially Spectacular Spider-Man I don't think theres has been a bad cartoon series starring Spidey.

This is no exception.

This show looks to be incredible with all of the clout and creative geniuses behind it. Dini, Bendis, Loeb AND Man Of Action, this may be one of the greatest superhero cartoons ever made let alone one of the greatest Spider-Man shows ever.
Why can they do such great things on TV that they cannot do on film?
I can't wait.

X2.

The 90's series was my fave and still is. This has for sure got me interested.:pray:

The 90s is why i loved spiderman as a kid. But i didnt really become a fan until I played the amazing spiderman game for the ps1. Which to me was the best spidey game.

The 90's Spider-Man was awesome!
Who didn't love the season long saga The Neogenic Nightmare?
How about the 2 part season finale I Really Really Hate Clones and Farewell, Spider-Man? A super group of Spidey's trying to save all the worlds in the Multiverse and it ends with Spidey meeting Stan Lee! Nicely done.

where's the DVD sets :impatient::impatient:

I just torrent them, But yeah.

The 90's Spider-Man was awesome!
Who didn't love the season long saga The Neogenic Nightmare?
How about the 2 part season finale I Really Really Hate Clones and Farewell, Spider-Man? A super group of Spidey's trying to save all the worlds in the Multiverse and it ends with Spidey meeting Stan Lee! Nicely done.

:cool:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyMKJcnWh4k&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyMKJcnWh4k&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

As an Amazing & Ultimate spidey fan this looks like a steaming pile of ____.

They are basically minimalising Spider-Man to push the Avengers popularity angle.

This doesn't look to have a single thing related to USM, more like 'Amazing Spider-Man joins the Avengers and gets a pointless vehicle'

They canceled Spectacular Spider-Man for this? :cuckoo

When they attached the word "Ultimate" to it, I don't think it was basically based on the Ultimate Spidey universe but rather a hodgepodge of Spidey's universe. Hell they have the new Nova in, along with 616 Iron Fist. If "Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes" is any indication of the quality of this series can be, it's gonna be good.

When they attached the word "Ultimate" to it, I don't think it was basically based on the Ultimate Spidey universe but rather a hodgepodge of Spidey's universe. Hell they have the new Nova in, along with 616 Iron Fist. If "Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes" is any indication of the quality of this series can be, it's gonna be good.

It looks like in one of the scenes that the Girl Peter Parker clone gets thrown around (it looks like her costume)....which is definitely all Ultimate Spidey

It looks like in one of the scenes that the Girl Peter Parker clone gets thrown around (it looks like her costume)....which is definitely all Ultimate Spidey

Just read an arricle about it & I stand corrected. :monkey1
But that Nova is straight out of the 616 universe since the only Nova in the Ultimate universe is Rick Jones & he only took the name.

Anyhoo I'm definitely giving this show a chance. :yess:

Back