Ultimate Spider-Man Animated series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But Spider-Cycle, really?

Peter often thinks of himself as street level do-gooder and not one of the big world saving heroes but thats part of his charm, from that trailer it's like he's the new boy in town trying to fit in with the Avenger cool kids :cuckoo:

That's because there's a lot of mangina's in this day and age. The new Lion-O has one as well at times :)

Not interested in this.

But Spider-Cycle, really?

Peter often thinks of himself as street level do-gooder and not one of the big world saving heroes but thats part of his charm, from that trailer it's like he's the new boy in town trying to fit in with the Avenger cool kids :cuckoo:

Not like it is the first vehicle he has ever had, it could be worse.

Page2.jpg

Page3.jpg

am I the only one NOT hearing the lisp? I think you guys are just projecting.

I don't hear it at all, so I'm not sure what others are talking about. :huh I've seen a few things Drake Bell has starred in, and there's definitely no lisp.

The show looks great though from what I've seen. The 90s animated series set the bar pretty high in my 'book,' so I'll be interested to see how it turns out. My only hope is Fury doesn't play a big role in this, despite his extensive screen-time in the trailer. An occasional appearance is fine, but I hope it's not an 'every episode' kind of thing. I've never followed the Ultimate SM series, so maybe he does play a prominent role, but as someone mentioned earlier, it looks like more Disney's attempt to hype The Avengers. Either way, I'll give it a chance. How can you not like Spider-Man?? :rock

I watched them this morning and for what it was I enjoyed it. Not sure about the "supporting cast" though. Would MUCH rather have preferred Iceman, Human Torch, and Shadowcat like the comic as opposed to the 4 they have on the show.

My daughter and I tried watching this and just couldn't get into it. Spidey comes across as an idiot.

I dont get it at all guys. SSM came out and everybody hated it. "omgz the ____ing animation is terrible. I hate the mole on his eye. It will never be the like the 90s one." WAHH WAHH. Then SSM gets canceled. "Omg that was the best spiderman show ever it was better than the crappy 90s one". This show has like two episodes and its decent so far. Its funny and shows more of the funny side of peter instead of the always down side. The part where he forgot the cake for aunt may shows that he has to work on things. I in no way see him as an idiot. Idk just me I guess.

Don't get too hung up on what other people say. My daughter and I don't like it, doesn't mean you can't like it. I'm not the target audience for this program. In my eyes most teenagers are idiots, so when Spidey comes across as an "idiot" it's fitting to his age bracket. Enjoy the show.

I don't see PP as in idiot on the show per se, but he is just a sarcastic teenage; which is the best version of Spidey IMO. I don't like to see him all emo and emotional all the time, leave that to other heroes that that type of emotion fit. But I love the comedic aspects of the show, one thing I think the SM Movies were missing.

I don't see PP as in idiot on the show per se, but he is just a sarcastic teenage; which is the best version of Spidey IMO. I don't like to see him all emo and emotional all the time, leave that to other heroes that that type of emotion fit. But I love the comedic aspects of the show, one thing I think the SM Movies were missing.

cue The Amazing Spider-Man :yess:

Don't get too hung up on what other people say. My daughter and I don't like it, doesn't mean you can't like it. I'm not the target audience for this program. In my eyes most teenagers are idiots, so when Spidey comes across as an "idiot" it's fitting to his age bracket. Enjoy the show.

Wasnt really talking directly toward ou. other people have said the same thing to you.

Wasnt really talking directly toward ou. other people have said the same thing to you.

I know. It's just that sometimes we get caught up in what others have to say that we forget to just enjoy what we like. There's ____ I like that very few get but it's there for me to enjoy no matter how short-lived it might be.:1-1:

I didn't really care for this at all. If they wanted to do an Avengers Academy show, why didn't they just do an Avengers Academy show and leave SSM alone?

It seems they're trying to fit in some of the same style of humor that worked so well in Teen Titans, but it falls flat here, imo.

I didn't really care for this at all. If they wanted to do an Avengers Academy show, why didn't they just do an Avengers Academy show and leave SSM alone?

It seems they're trying to fit in some of the same style of humor that worked so well in Teen Titans, but it falls flat here, imo.

Well in the comics, towards the end (before he died), he was being trained by SHIELD....so I can see why they did the Avengers Academy type of show format. I just wish they didn't use lame secondary characters for the other "students"

Back