Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
actually no, i didnt resort to childish name calling like you... I really REALLY dont care about ur dumb opinion. you dont have that effect on me...

fascinating you can infer so much such as the tone of my voice over the INTERNET.
your boring. cry some moar.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

wow that was fast.

.... out of curiosity, are you grossly overweight and do you live in your parents basement?

anyways, CAPCOM will still get your money. cry some moar please.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

It's spelled M O R E. Just saying...

that is my point. no one can seriously believe they did not have the ability to put it into the first game.

they explained that when they went to put Spectator mode in after everything had been done it would make it crash. The would have to restart the whole process to get it to work. Instead of delaying everything they put out the best they had at that time.

How much time do they have to wait before they can improve on what was already done? If they had waited a year and called it MVC4 would it have been ok?

By adding characters, levels, and modes they had to spend numerous hours and dollars, so in order to provide that to the public they need to charge for it. This is how retail works. Anytime someone sells a service or product they must charge. Overcharging obviously happens but in this case, it hasn't. If anything, the the first version of MVC3 was over priced.

Look at it this way. Street Fighter 2 cost about $30-40 (ballpark figures) when it came out however many years ago. Then SF2 Turbo came out for the same price shortly thereafter. Following that SSF2 came for the same price again. All of these versions had a couple more characters and a couple more maps yet still charged full price.

Now, 15-20 years later (give or take) the same thing is happening, EXCEPT, you are getting way more than a couple characters and maps and paying 1/3 less than the original price. Speaking from an economic standpoint, Capcom has made huge improvements over their strategy in the past two decades.

Would I rather they produced a perfect game right from the start? Absolutely! Is that likely, especially with everything going on in Japan? Not only is it unlikely but its unreasonable. Everything can be improved upon with time and money. If you don't want to pay for the improvements or think that its a scam, then don't. It's irrelevant either way though. The game is what it is and costs what it costs.

Now back on topic....

I cannot wait for Hawkeye, Nova, Ghost Rider, and Nemesis! This new version is gonna amazing and ten times more fun that the first. Being able to use some of Marvel's greatest characters is awesome and I'll fork up the few bucks it costs to do so as soon as its available!

It would be great if people could stick to talking about the game from now on instead of calling out other people and ragging on capcom. We're lucky a mod hasnt been in here yet and closed the thread entirely.

Pretty bummed there's no new females. I remember the earlier rumored list had Emma Frost. She would've been fun.

Black Cat would've been awesome, too. Or Black Widow.

man this is all I see on the last couple pages

baby-cry.gif

cant wait for this version though. Some of the new characters looks awsome. Had it for the PS3 before but I think ill pick up this version for 360

I wouldn't mind any number of ladies joining the roster, during the "ladies night" event I kept getting bored with the females, although I appreciate Storm a lot more now. Rogue, Ms. Marvel or even the Brood Queen would have been cool additions.

and you'll say the same thing then about waiting for UMVC3 Arcade Edition remix and after that you'll say that you'll wait for Super UMVC3AE Remix and so on...

Name a company that doesn't do what capcom does...any game that's any good has tons of dlc whether its maps missions or characters. This its no different other than it's cheaper

Back