Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Name a company that doesn't do what capcom does...any game that's any good has tons of dlc whether its maps missions or characters. This its no different other than it's cheaper

You are right on that, every company does this today. Im still not a huge fan of the principle itself. That being said, i bought super street fighter 4 and super street fighter 4 arcade addition. This game I couldnt quite get in to, I wasnt super impressed about some of the characters and the fighting system did not do it for me like super street fighter. In my opinion DLC is in general is kinda lame, but I buy plenty of it. If Punisher was in this version of the game I would be beyond excited for it and I would buy it and get my a$$ handed to me every game like I do now.

Can people with the vanilla MvC3 play against people from UMvC3? Doesn't this destroy the community in MvC3 for the people that shelled out the $60 for the first one? With standard DLC this doesn't happen like this.

I've never been an MK fan until the newest one. The sheer amount of content straight out of the box was staggering especially compared to the barebones package that MvC3 was.

Can people with the vanilla MvC3 play against people from UMvC3? Doesn't this destroy the community in MvC3 for the people that shelled out the $60 for the first one? With standard DLC this doesn't happen like this.

I've never been an MK fan until the newest one. The sheer amount of content straight out of the box was staggering especially compared to the barebones package that MvC3 was.

I don't think so. I'm just speculating here based on Street Fighter 4 & Super Street Fighter 4.

Can people with the vanilla MvC3 play against people from UMvC3? .

Not likely. Some moves had their properties changed and new moves were added for some characters, basically a lot of balancing changes from the previous game. Unless a compatibility patch was added to the first one, it wouldn't make any sense.

You are right on that, every company does this today. Im still not a huge fan of the principle itself. That being said, i bought super street fighter 4 and super street fighter 4 arcade addition. This game I couldnt quite get in to, I wasnt super impressed about some of the characters and the fighting system did not do it for me like super street fighter. In my opinion DLC is in general is kinda lame, but I buy plenty of it. If Punisher was in this version of the game I would be beyond excited for it and I would buy it and get my a$$ handed to me every game like I do now.

I wasn't impressed with street fighter 4 at all

I wasn't impressed with street fighter 4 at all

nor was I, but to each his own I guess. I find MVC much more fun, even if its just the ability to choose marvel characters and do insane combos.

It also seems like its a lot easier to spam and turtle in SSFIV than in MVC. There are just so many options in regards to how to fight and what combination of characters to choose.

Small update on PO bonuses

Top row: Gamestop exclusive

Second row: Best Buy exclusive

Third row: Amazon exclusive

UltimateMvC3Costume.png

I'm going for the Best buy ex...I want..no NEED S.T.A.R.S. Wesker! :lol

Here's a link to thier FB page.

https://www.facebook.com/marvelvscapcom3?sk=app_163719520308859

I'll probably get the first roll. (gamestop)

I don't use him but Cyber Akuma alt is gonna be interesting to look at :lol

Ohhh check this out, I just found more stuff:

https://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=9085015

Most of these look pretty crap IMO, i only really like Wesker and both of Cap's costumes.

I cant understand why they wouldn't do Spideys FF costume :dunno

I think they added 8 new ones. I know they added a couple. You can see them in the newest character clips.

is it not just like making the Kattelox Island stage snowy instead of at night?

edit: yeah i see a least one new stage

Well, not really a total fail since I will own this game the second it's out...:rock

But a Hulk fail nonetheless :lol

:lol well yeah.

is it not just like making the Kattelox Island stage snowy instead of at night?

edit: yeah i see a least one new stage

Yeah, I just remember seeing the stage with Daredevil sitting on a throne.

Back