UFC, etc.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I too think Nate will win. What would it mean for Conor then? Think the UFC would fix the fight for Conor to win?

i think it will depend on who everyone put their money on, as I'm sure there's big money on this fight.

Only fight that's not rigged are the ones no one could care less with.

i think it will depend on who everyone put their money on, as I'm sure there's big money on this fight.

Only fight that's not rigged are the ones no one could care less with.

Thats is true. Hate or love Conor, he certainly made the UFC more entertaining. People who could care less about the UFC before are now tuning in. If he loses again, his momentum will certainly take a hit. I feel like the UFC will do anything to make sure that would not happen.

They are already talking bout trilogy fight lol.

But I've also read that Conor will defend his belt from Aldo after this. It should be interesting to see him fight Aldo.

Damn, guaranteed money for 202:

McGregor - $3 Million (no win bonus)
Diaz - $2 Million (no win bonus)

And that doesn't include PPV money for Conor. Nice.

Damn, guaranteed money for 202:

McGregor - $3 Million (no win bonus)
Diaz - $2 Million (no win bonus)

And that doesn't include PPV money for Conor. Nice.

Nate just wants the big money fights, he doesn't care about belts. It actually works in Nate's favor that he lost. Now he can get another fat paycheck for their trilogy.

Nate just wants the big money fights, he doesn't care about belts. It actually works in Nate's favor that he lost. Now he can get another fat paycheck for their trilogy.

yep, but Conor needs to let go of the belt. Guy hasn't defended it once. I think Conor finally relaized he has no chance at 170lb gold when he said he wants the 3rd fight to be at 155. Nate wouldn't even be top 10 in that weight class, and couldn't put him away. He'd be demolished by a real welterweight.

yep, but Conor needs to let go of the belt. Guy hasn't defended it once. I think Conor finally relaized he has no chance at 170lb gold when he said he wants the 3rd fight to be at 155. Nate wouldn't even be top 10 in that weight class, and couldn't put him away. He'd be demolished by a real welterweight.

Yep and now Conor doesn't even seem interested in defending the belt against Aldo.

some people call it boring, I find it amazing what Maia has been able to do to guys in this day and age where most MMA fighters are actually pretty good on the ground. I think it would be bad ass if he won the title on just pure BJJ alone.

He's upped his striking. So he's not one dimensional like say a Royce Gracie IMO. Big difference between Maia now and when he fought at MW when it comes to his stand up.

He's upped his striking. So he's not one dimensional like say a Royce Gracie IMO. Big difference between Maia now and when he fought at MW when it comes to his stand up.

he has improved, but really it's all about getting the clinch asap, and after that, it's almost pure JJ without many strikes from the top. Jacare could learn a thing or two, and I think he will be looking to use the same style in the future. If your that great at JJ, you gotta use it more than anything else. Striking just has to be good enough to keep the opponent honest. I think Maia has a great chance to take the belt.

True. Yeah I guess in that sense you're right about him being one dimensional. :lol

And I agree, he definitely has a chance to win the WW title. Unless GSP comes back, which is looking more and more likely. Then it'll be part II of the GSP era.

Back