UFC, etc.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why is it necessary?

Training as a fighter alone decreases your testosterone over time. Blows to the head and the stress you put on your body decreases testosterone. And as you get older, your body just doesn't decrease as much testosterone. Race and heredity plays a factor as well. If these guys who have been training and fighting for years want to compete than TRT is a must. Or its time to retire.

And Overeem's test levels were at 16:1 I believe. The normal man is at 1:1. I think the allowed max is 1:3.

Training as a fighter alone decreases your testosterone over time. Blows to the head and the stress you put on your body decreases testosterone. And as you get older, your body just doesn't decrease as much testosterone. Race and heredity plays a factor as well. If these guys who have been training and fighting for years want to compete than TRT is a must. Or its time to retire.

Why is it wrong for a baseball player to take PEDs to hit a ball farther but ok for a guy to take PEDs so he can but someone harder? Fact is, the guys on TRT are trying to turn back the clock. NFL players probably have ways of gaming their system, but TRT seems like an MMA problem and is basically sanctioned performance enhancement. If a guy is 35 and his levels are imbalanced, then nature is speaking. But I believe I also read that years of steroid use lower one's testosterone levels. Well, most of the guys on TRT--Mir, Chael, Trtor, Marquardt--are steroid offenders. So, that's yet another reason that the whole practice is suspect, not necessary.

Why is it wrong for a baseball player to take PEDs to hit a ball farther but ok for a guy to take PEDs so he can but someone harder? Fact is, the guys on TRT are trying to turn back the clock. NFL players probably have ways of gaming their system, but TRT seems like an MMA problem and is basically sanctioned performance enhancement. If a guy is 35 and his levels are imbalanced, then nature is speaking. But I believe I also read that years of steroid use lower one's testosterone levels. Well, most of the guys on TRT--Mir, Chael, Trtor, Marquardt--are steroid offenders. So, that's yet another reason that the whole practice is suspect, not necessary.

I think it's wrong regardless for many of reasons. Main reason is long term health. I think it should be banned period in professional and amateur sports. But I do understand that these guys have families to support. But I don't agree with it one bit. It's unfair. Especially to the guys who don't use, or are incapable of using for whatever reasons.

And Overeem's test levels were at 16:1 I believe. The normal man is at 1:1. I think the allowed max is 1:3.

like mentioned earlier, I think Vitor's Testosterone levels are wrecked cause of the steroid use earlier in his career. I mean, look at him when he first started mma, then look at him right when he first came back to the UFC (way leaner, and a lot less muscle definition), then look at him again now. That's defn not natural. I really can't recall a fighter looking like Vitor does now and at that age.

It was the battle of the TRT and Vitor won. My thing is Dan needs to retire, hes old and one dimensional. No one is scared of his wrestling abilities and everyone knows hes got a big right hand. Avoid the right hand and your good to go. Sure its easier said then done, but Vitor showed last night its possible to stop Dan.

Hes a super nice guy and I like him but like I said I think its just time for Dan to hang it up. The guys game hasn't changed in years and its catching up with him I feel.

It was the battle of the TRT and Vitor won. My thing is Dan needs to retire, hes old and one dimensional. No one is scared of his wrestling abilities and everyone knows hes got a big right hand. Avoid the right hand and your good to go. Sure its easier said then done, but Vitor showed last night its possible to stop Dan.

Hes a super nice guy and I like him but like I said I think its just time for Dan to hang it up. The guys game hasn't changed in years and its catching up with him I feel.

Yeah I agree. Stay away from the H-Bomb and he's done. But he's had a great career and is one of the most beloved fighters of all time.

I've never understood the whole "H-Bomb" thing personally. He has more Decision wins than KO's. And he's never really KO'ed anyone who was known for having a solid jaw anyways. Hype.

I agree. Dan needs to hang his gloves. Dont even think about going to bellator.

He'll be on the first thing smoking to Bellator. And he will do well there. He did well in Strikeforce. But a man his age shouldn't keep taking shots to the head the way he does.

Pettis out with knee injury. Too bad, the Sac card was looking sweet. Kinda random, but on Sunday I actually saw Faber at a light with a chick over in my part of town jogging, was kind of shocked.

Pettis out with knee injury. Too bad, the Sac card was looking sweet. Kinda random, but on Sunday I actually saw Faber at a light with a chick over in my part of town jogging, was kind of shocked.

nice.. Are you going to that fight? The wife and I might go depending if there are any good tickets left. Too bad about Pettis, the card should hold up still. I heard mighty mouse and benevidez are going to replace it.
I usually root for Faber, but I'm hoping McDonald gets the win

nice.. Are you going to that fight? The wife and I might go depending if there are any good tickets left. Too bad about Pettis, the card should hold up still. I heard mighty mouse and benevidez are going to replace it.
I usually root for Faber, but I'm hoping McDonald gets the win

Dana is trying to also get Nate Diaz/Maynard on that card as well. As Nate has been saying, he has a reunion that date.

I've never understood the whole "H-Bomb" thing personally. He has more Decision wins than KO's. And he's never really KO'ed anyone who was known for having a solid jaw anyways. Hype.

That's exactly it man, I almost think he believes his own hype now. I think he feels like hes a really good striker when all he really does is throw the over hand right. As I said earlier, watch for it and stay away from it and your fine because he doesn't even try to wrestle anymore.

Just found out i cant buy PPV's for the UK on UFCTV.com anymore cause of the BT thing, my internet provider isnt BT and my landlord wont change it and i cant find anywhere to just buy the PPV on BT's website so it looks like i'll have to go back to illegal copies of the PPV's or stop watching altogether. Shame they start a good thing where i can pay for events and stream them then cut it completely and switch to BT's bs. Sucks as i was really looking forward to 167 now i'll have to wait a day or two to watch it.

Any other UK fans affected by this or found somewhere to buy & stream the event?

Back