UFC, etc.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
People have been saying Cain has a glass jaw since Kongo rocked him numerous times in their fight. :lol

If Chieck Kongo hits anybody they're gonna feel it. Kongo has been knocked out many of times but he has also knocked out a bunch of people. At that weight, any shot can knock you out without proper placement. I can't think of one HW in the UFC that hasn't been knocked out. That's a good Google question.

Matt Hughes doesn't have any BJJ belt. :lol

That's cause he says he never exclusively trained it, but his sub game mixed with his wrestling puts his "bjj" skills at a very high level.

Wrestling beats BJJ almost every time. An average wrestler beats some of the best BJJ practitioners.

I disagree. Problem with most bjj guys, even a lot of black belts in the UFC, they aren't active or aggressive with sub attempts from the bottom most of the time. There is a reason why you rarely see great wrestlers sub any good bjj guys. Yea, I would say a lot of wrestlers are winning fights against good bjj guys, but there are many factors that play into that than just what happens on the ground. If these same great wrestlers went in against top bjj guys in grappling tournaments, they wouldn't be so successful, very different circumstances.

The HW division is in ruff shape. Why is it so hard to find good fighters that can't cut to 205? Basing this on fighting Cain...

Werdum---has a good chance being an elite BJJ fighter
Barnett---he knows the game and positioning against the cage
Overeem--IDK what the **** is up with him.
Browne---good athlete and puncher but can he wrestle?
Nelson---will never be good enough to get a title shot
Hunt---past his prime and gets mauled by good wrestlers
Mir---ugh, hope he never gets a title shot again.
Bigfoot---beat down twice by Cain
Big Nog---past his prime, can't win enough to get a shot.

That's a lineup about as bad as the Timmey era.

He almost had Browne and Bigfoot beat, then he went stupid and dropped his hands upon which his bell was rang. I'd love to see him verses JDS and Hunt.

He's always been like that. His weak spot is right down the alley. If he wasn't juicing during K1, he would have gotten dropped then too. He wouldn't have made it pass Spong. During the laughfest in Strikeforce when he fought Werdum, he got tagged down the middle so many times by Werdum. I think Werdum finally gave up punching him and went straight to the ground :thud:

And how many front kicks did he eat down the alley before Browne dropped him. I miss Roid Reem when the punches didn't matter.

That's cause he says he never exclusively trained it, but his sub game mixed with his wrestling puts his "bjj" skills at a very high level.

That was my point, belts don't matter. Experience and skill in actual MMA fights matter more than your belt color/how good you are in BJJ competitions i.e. where there's no striking. :wave

Wow, I still can't believe Rampage vs Tito is going to headline a PPV at this point. I don't see this getting many buys at all. Edit: I know this isn't UFC btw lol

Last edited:
lol. Yeah Rampage should get the knockout. They are both way past it, but Tito makes even Rampage look fast by comparison

Wow, I still can't believe Rampage vs Tito is going to headline a PPV at this point. I don't see this getting many buys at all. Edit: I know this isn't UFC btw lol

Well if you've heard its pretty much a blow out. They barely sold any tickets at all. They said theres really no chance of the event selling out at this point. Its a wash. The only people who will probably be watching are the hardcore mma fans. I actually think its a really good card and thats without Tito and Rampage.

I actually think Tito is going to win. Quintons cardio is horrible and unless you stand and trade with him he wont be able to handle tito in my opinion. Plus i have a feeling if Tito actually feels worried he'll get him down and control the wrestling. Quinton might have wrestled back in the day but he doesnt do much with it anymore. Thats why hes always talking about exciting fights because he wants people to stand in front of him.

I know this isn't UFC btw lol

That's just the title of the thread.. this is first and foremost an MMA thread. So anything regarding that fits. :wave

As far as the Bellator PPV.. I'd be surprised if it did better than the two Pride FC/Affliction PPV's as far as buys/gate. And all 4 of those cards were STACKED!

https://www.mmaweekly.com/ufc-166-m...definitely-velasquez-possibly-out-until-april

UFC 166 Medical Suspensions: dos Santos Out Indefinitely; Velasquez Possibly Out Until April

The UFC 166 main event between Cain Velasquez and Junior dos Santos settled the trilogy between two of the best heavyweight fighters in the world, but it may also have put both of them out of action for quite some time.

The Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation on Tuesday issued the medical suspensions for UFC 166: Velasquez vs. dos Santos III, which took place on Saturday, Oct. 19, at the Toyota Center in Houston.

UFC heavyweight champion Cain Velasquez is suspended until April 18, 2014, unless he gains earlier clearance for a possible broken jaw. Junior dos Santos is out indefinitely, pending clearance by an ear, nose, and throat doctor for a possible nasal fracture.

Shawn Jordan and Tim Boetsch also received indefinite suspensions pending clearance by a doctor.

Every fighter on the card received at least a minimal precautionary suspension.

UFC 166 Medical Suspensions
Cain Velasquez: Suspended until April 18, 2014, due to possible broken jaw.

Junior dos Santos: Suspended indefinitely pending clearance from throat, nose and ear physician.

Daniel Cormier: Suspended until Oct. 29 for precautionary reasons.

Roy Nelson: Suspended until Oct. 29 for precautionary reasons.

Gilbert Melendez: Suspended until Nov. 19 for precautionary reasons.

Diego Sanchez: Suspended until Jan. 18, 2014, due to cuts.

Gabriel Gonzaga: Suspended until Oct. 27 for precautionary reasons.

Shawn Jordan: Suspended indefinitely pending clearance from throat, nose and ear physician.

John Dodson: Suspended until Oct. 27 for precautionary reasons.

Darrell Montague: Suspended until Jan. 18, 2014, for precautionary reasons.

Tim Boetsch: Suspended indefinitely pending clearance from ophthalmologist.

C.B. Dollaway: Suspended until Nov. 19 due to cuts.

Hector Lombard: Suspended until Oct. 27 for precautionary reasons.

Nate Marquardt: Suspended until Dec. 19 for precautionary reasons.

Jessica Eye: Suspended until Oct. 29 for precautionary reasons.

Sarah Kaufman: Suspended until Oct. 29 for precautionary reasons.

K.J. Noons: Suspended until Oct. 29 for precautionary reasons.

George Sotiropoulos: Suspended until Dec. 4 due to cuts.

Adlan Amagov: Suspended until Oct. 27 for precautionary reasons.

T.J. Waldburger: Suspended until Jan. 18, 2014, for precautionary reasons.

Tony Ferguson: Suspended until Oct. 27 for precautionary reasons.

Mike Rio: Suspended until Oct. 27 for precautionary reasons.

Andre Fili: Suspended until Dec. 19 due to cuts.

Jeremy Larsen: Suspended until Oct. 29 for precautionary reasons.

Kyoji Horiguchi: Suspended until Oct. 27 for precautionary reasons.

Dustin Pague: Suspended until Nov. 19 for precautionary reasons.

a win over the Dragon will be big for him.

This I don't understand. Why let Okami go and keep Lyoto when he is a boring *** fighter too?

Back