UFC, etc.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New t-shirt design I came up with for all the Fedor fans.

fedone.jpg

:wave

Im a big Fedor fan, but to say hes still P4P is kinda crazy. I mean he got caught and Werdum made him tap. If you watch when he fights Antonio, Fedor still just jumps right into his guard. I think he realized the standup game was to much for him and just figured unless he got a top position it was his only chance. Antonio was bigger and had more skills.
I really do think Fedor looked good defending, from the bottom but again he wasnt getting away from Antonio and you dont win fights by defending. He got crushed and theres nothing more to it.

I'm not a die-hard Fedor fan and I have never considered him the best PFP HW in the world, but there is no denying the man was a fine, highly skilled fighter. He is still a top 5 all time HW in my opinion and if his management had been more interested in helping him improve and update his skills than milking every last dollar out of him, things might've turned out differerently.

He beat some of the very best heavyweights in the world during his run at PRIDE and certainly fought competition that was as good as any of the UFC heavyweight champs between 1999 - 2005, with the only possible exception being Randy. But I honestly think Fedor would've given Randy some real problems had they fought.

So I don't really get all the hate on Fedor. At the end of the day, I'm a MMA fan, and I respect him for what he was/is: a great HW who defeated a lot of quality opponents of the day (including 5 ex-UFC champs) and managed to stay unbeaten for almost 9 years. He should be considered an all-time great MMA Heavyweight....

So I don't really get all the hate on Fedor. At the end of the day, I'm a MMA fan, and I respect him for what he was/is: a great HW who defeated a lot of quality opponents of the day (including 5 ex-UFC champs) and managed to stay unbeaten for almost 9 years. He should be considered an all-time great MMA Heavyweight....

I think the majority of the hate comes from M-1 Global and the way they've tried to market him which has utterly failed.

I dont hate on Fedor, I love the guy and i love what he added to the sport of MMA. I was at PRIDE 32 in Vegas and watched him fight. It was awesome and weather people like him or not is up to them. Take Devil666, he hates on Fedor and thats cool, it doesnt bother me, hes an MMA fan and I appreciate the difference of opinion, but you have to be real about it. Like I said Im a huge Fedor fan and always will be but looking at his past performances he just doesnt have it anymore. The energy is gone and people arent scared of him anymore. Everyones time eventually will come, even Anderson Silva, the dudes on top of the world. Its going to be bonkers when someone finally gets the drop on him and finishes him. Will I say he sucks no, it was just his time. As for Fedor, I always said the true test will be his comeback fight and well look what happened he was jumping right into the guard again, its like he didnt learn. So in that instance I just say its his time. I actually hope he retires now, I mean if he keeps fighting more power to him, but I think he should just call it a night. The guy will always be one of my favorite fighters.

I know all that sounded gay, but just my thoughts and to Devil666, he brings good discussion to the this MMA thread so I got nothing but love for all the MMA fans who come and contribute in here. Weather you consider yourself a casual fan or a hardcore, we obviously all like fights.

I dont hate on Fedor, I love the guy and i love what he added to the sport of MMA. I was at PRIDE 32 in Vegas and watched him fight. It was awesome and weather people like him or not is up to them. Take Devil666, he hates on Fedor and thats cool, it doesnt bother me, hes an MMA fan and I appreciate the difference of opinion, but you have to be real about it. Like I said Im a huge Fedor fan and always will be but looking at his past performances he just doesnt have it anymore. The energy is gone and people arent scared of him anymore. Everyones time eventually will come, even Anderson Silva, the dudes on top of the world. Its going to be bonkers when someone finally gets the drop on him and finishes him. Will I say he sucks no, it was just his time. As for Fedor, I always said the true test will be his comeback fight and well look what happened he was jumping right into the guard again, its like he didnt learn. So in that instance I just say its his time. I actually hope he retires now, I mean if he keeps fighting more power to him, but I think he should just call it a night. The guy will always be one of my favorite fighters.

I know all that sounded gay, but just my thoughts and to Devil666, he brings good discussion to the this MMA thread so I got nothing but love for all the MMA fans who come and contribute in here. Weather you consider yourself a casual fan or a hardcore, we obviously all like fights.

:lecture :lecture Good points man. I absolutely agree with everything you said.

Yeah just to be clear, I don't dislike Fedor at all. I don't dislike any fighter in fact. I watch all MMA.

But some "fans" are just F'n delusional and oblivious to reality. And I hate to even call those kind of people fans. Because they really aren't. They're losers that cling on to anything and anyone on top because in their pathetic and twisted reality if they like something that's considered "the best" then they're also "the best". And that's sad on so many levels but it's the truth.

Ok jokes aside now :lol
Fedor is a good fighter but he is not close to be called the best fighter in the world,and people call him overrated because they are tired of hearing people saying he is untouchable.

I would really love to see him signing with UFC,maybe it's Dana White that doesn't want him...But if it was up to fedor he should consider it as a test for himself,if he wants to face the best that is.

:lecture :lecture Good points man. I absolutely agree with everything you said.
Thanks hairless
Yeah just to be clear, I don't dislike Fedor at all. I don't dislike any fighter in fact. I watch all MMA.

But some "fans" are just F'n delusional and oblivious to reality. And I hate to even call those kind of people fans. Because they really aren't. They're losers that cling on to anything and anyone on top because in their pathetic and twisted reality if they like something that's considered "the best" then they're also "the best". And that's sad on so many levels but it's the truth.
Yeah I didnt mean to single you out bro, I just know you like to stir things up, lol but its all good man. Like you said some people cant handle the truth.
Ok jokes aside now :lol
Fedor is a good fighter but he is not close to be called the best fighter in the world,and people call him overrated because they are tired of hearing people saying he is untouchable.

I would really love to see him signing with UFC,maybe it's Dana White that doesn't want him...But if it was up to fedor he should consider it as a test for himself,if he wants to face the best that is.

As for Fedor in UFC...again i love Fedor, but look man hes not doing well in StrikeForce, no way Dana is going to pay for him to fight in the UFC.

:lol Fedor AND everyone in his click is a joke. That's an all new low for an excuse after a loss. And the saddest part: I'm sure Fedor nuthuggers will believe it.

Meh. Anyways.. hey Nash you seen the videos of Hughes and Penn training for the Fitch fight? Crazy to see those two together.

:lol Fedor AND everyone in his click is a joke. That's an all new low for an excuse after a loss. And the saddest part: I'm sure Fedor nuthuggers will believe it.

Meh. Anyways.. hey Nash you seen the videos of Hughes and Penn training for the Fitch fight? Crazy to see those two together.

yeah i did! heard about that a couple of weeks before Hughes actually came down to hawaii to train with BJ. BJ was interviewed by the local news here and he mentioned it. Pretty damn cool to see them training together...i guess old guys have to stick together eh.

...yeah...wow...I dont know what to say. That ____ pisses me off, jusat deal with it he got his ass kick. Move on and come back stronger or just retire.

I think its awesome to see BJ and Matt working together. It seems to be that alot of people are going for Fitch in this fight. Its going to be an interesting fight. Looking forward to this battle.

Back