UFC, etc.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah im not about to read all that muli quoting stuff, I just wanted to add that I cant stand Joe Warren. That guy is garbage, his skills are so aweful. Joe Soto was lighting his face up and he didnt know how to answer any of it. Hes got that "bull charge" of a take down and just runs in head down...horrible. That being said what I will compliment him on is having the heart to hang in there and some how get these wins. Its almost like he wins by taking a beating while his opponent tires themselves out and then he gets an ugly take down for some GnP. The knee he landed on Joe Soto...well thats what happens when you drop your head down like that during a flurry...it was either going to be Warren's knee or an upper cut that would catch Soto by him dropping his head. I guess a good chin and alot of heart will get you the win, but his lack of skills just make me dislike him. I mean when your taking a beating and dont seem to know what else to do because you cant get a take down thats when you lose me as a fan.

Going by what rankings? No rankings are official anyway, they are just the opinions of unsanctioned dirt sheet writers.

:lol:lol:lol

Here's the funny part: People only wanna disregard rankings when they're NOT flattering to whatever fighter people are talking about.

I saw this same exact thing from Fedor fans.

When Fedor was universally ranked #1 HW and #1 P4P the rankings meant everything. That was Fedor fans "go to" proof that Fedor was the best. Once Anderson Silva AND GSP took over the P4P list.. suddenly P4P was "meaningless" and "irrelevant". Once Fedor lost by Submission in 69 seconds of the first round to a UFC reject who was ranked like #8 and Fedor dropped to #3 again, those rankings Fedor fans used for so many years suddenly became "meaningless" and "irrelevant".

Same thing you're doing i.e. if Warren WAS ranked I guarantee you'd be citing that ranking as proof for your argument. But since he's NOT ranked it's "No rankings are official anyway, they are just the opinions of unsanctioned dirt sheet writers."

FYI: Warren is on the verge of being universally ranked in the FW division. He's fighting #6 FW Michihiro Omigawa at DREAM 16 on the 25th. If he beats #6.. he'll definitely be ranked. But.. I guess it doesn't matter, right? Because "No rankings are official anyway, they are just the opinions of unsanctioned dirt sheet writers."

:wink1:

Sherdog - Warren & Soto unranked.
MMA Weekly - Warren & Soto unranked.
Bloody Elbow - Warren & Soto unranked.

Bloody Elbow uses 20 different sites to get an average rank for fighters. Just in general, Warren and Soto are unranked. And rightfully so. Because neither has a win over a universally ranked Top 10 FW. Joe Soto hasn't even fought a Top 10 FW and the only Top 10 FW Warren has ever fought beat him by Submission.

Fedor is good but i wish he would go to the ufc where the best fighters are.I like Couture's way of thinking,always new challenges for him,he doesn't care if he wins or looses,he just wants the challenge.I don't see how you want to be a Fighter if you don't want to face the best to be the best.Wonder if Dana has even bothered trying contacting Fedor and offer him a contract...:dunno

Fedor is good but i wish he would go to the ufc where the best fighters are.I like Couture's way of thinking,always new challenges for him,he doesn't care if he wins or looses,he just wants the challenge.I don't see how you want to be a Fighter if you don't want to face the best to be the best.Wonder if Dana has even bothered trying contacting Fedor and offer him a contract...:dunno

Dana could care less about Fedor...before he wanted him now with the loss to Werdum hes not going to pay Fedor anything and wont give in to there M1 demands. Done and done.

The problem is, there's a business i.e. money attached to fighting. I guarantee there's more fighters trying to just get paid than fighters who are really only out to fight the best and prove they are the best.

Fedor is trying to get paid. He's not concerned with proving he's the best or fighting the guys who are considered the best. He's trying to get as much money per fight as he can to provide for his family's future. And there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

But it does make his die hard fans look stupid when they try to defend him and his actions i.e. ducking fights, fighting cans and signing with every other org besides the UFC. Which just happened to have the number 2, 4, 5, 8, 9 and 10 ranked HW's at the time when Fedor decided to sign with Strikeforce instead (which only had one ranked HW: #6 Brett Rogers).

Even now the number 1, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 9 ranked HW's are in the UFC and even with Fedor only having one fight left on his contract between M-1 Global and Strikeforce you STILL don't see him talking about leaving and trying to get to the UFC which has the most ranked HW's. Instead he's talking about a rematch with Werdum and retirement. :lol

Once Fedor lost by Submission in 69 seconds of the first round to a UFC reject who was ranked like #8 and Fedor dropped to #3 again, those rankings Fedor fans used for so many years suddenly became "meaningless" and "irrelevant".

Fedor is still the top Heavyweight in the world, despite his loss. Werdum was NOT a UFC reject, He has wins over MANY top competitors. He wanted too much money which was reason for his release, not his performance or lack of.

a UFC reject is Scott Junk & Sean Salmon.

Even now the number 1, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 9 ranked HW's are in the UFC and even with Fedor only having one fight left on his contract between M-1 Global and Strikeforce you STILL don't see him talking about leaving and trying to get to the UFC which has the most ranked HW's. Instead he's talking about a rematch with Werdum and retirement. :lol

This is B.S. He is getting old and should be looking for the big paychecks, but he should also take Couture's mentality and try to fight competitive fighters.

Fedor is still the top Heavyweight in the world, despite his loss.

Um.. no. Top 5 HW? Yes. Number 1 HW? Hell No.

Werdum was NOT a UFC reject, He has wins over MANY top competitors. He wanted too much money which was reason for his release, not his performance or lack of.

No. His performance was the main problem. After going 2-1 in the UFC Werdum came in out of shape and lost by 1st round KO to then unknown/unranked JDS. So the UFC wanted to cut his pay in half.

Werdum didn't want "too much money", he simply wanted to keep the money he was already making. :lol

When Werdum refused the proposed pay cut, from his POV they were still negotiating. He didn't find out he was cut until a reporter from TATAME interviewing him gave Werdum the bad news. And he was shocked obviously because he still had multiple fights left on his contract.

So he didn't leave on his own and he didn't ask for more money and then leave because he couldn't get it. He was cut. And he didn't even know he was cut.

That's a reject.

I believe that's the heaviest Werdum has ever been for a fight too. And the funny thing is, he did the SAME exact thing (head down, swing wildly) against Fedor 2 years later and almost got caught with an uppercut just like in the JDS fight. So he hasn't fixed that flaw in his stand up. He still does it.

Yeah as for Fedor, hes a good fighter yeah, is he still a top heavy, id have to agree. I still think he could wreck alot of fighters if he took the oppurtunity to. I mean everyones going to take a loss eventually I actually think if he fought Alister he'd have trouble there also. Fedor screwed up against Werdum and paid for it, a loss is a loss he has no excuses. Werdum caught his mistake and made him pay simple as that. I still think Fedor is an awesome fighter for looking like some dude who just stumbled in from the local hardware store :)

:lol:lol I've never heard that one before.

Yeah hes always just reminded me of that "getter done" type of guy. Some kind of do it yourself hardware guy or he also reminds me of some kind of lumber jack. Just a tough dude but doesnt really have the look that people think of when you think of a fighter.

Um.. no. Top 5 HW? Yes. Number 1 HW? Hell No.

No. His performance was the main problem. After going 2-1 in the UFC Werdum came in out of shape and lost by 1st round KO to then unknown/unranked JDS. So the UFC wanted to cut his pay in half.

Werdum didn't want "too much money", he simply wanted to keep the money he was already making. :lol

When Werdum refused the proposed pay cut, from his POV they were still negotiating. He didn't find out he was cut until a reporter from TATAME interviewing him gave Werdum the bad news. And he was shocked obviously because he still had multiple fights left on his contract.

So he didn't leave on his own and he didn't ask for more money and then leave because he couldn't get it. He was cut. And he didn't even know he was cut.

That's a reject.

Like I said, Werdum wanted too much moneey...right :lol but you couldn't agree with me...because you are the ORACLE of MMA (in your own mind) so you went into detail about the Werdum drama showing what...WERDUM wanted TOO MUCH MONEY :yess: Thanks for proving my argument.

Fedor #1=Hell no. OK Mr. I HATE FEDOR So who's a better Heavyweight than Fedor? CAn't wait to hear this one :slap

You take this whole Fedor business to another level, your constant hate and signature makes you look very insecure.

Yeah hes always just reminded me of that "getter done" type of guy. Some kind of do it yourself hardware guy or he also reminds me of some kind of lumber jack. Just a tough dude but doesnt really have the look that people think of when you think of a fighter.

Someone now has to Photoshop a pic of Fedor in the Larry The Cable Guy attire.:rotfl

Back