UFC, etc.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bellator 33 on Oct. 21 at the Liacouras Center in Philadelphia
Non-Title Match: Eddie Alvarez vs. Roger Huerta

Alvarez was supposed to fight Pat Curran (who won the 2010 LW Tourney) but Curran had to pull out due to injury. He'll get his title shot sometime in 2011 when he returns.

Sick match up! I'm picking Alvarez.

Yeah I was looking foward to the Alvarez vs Curran fight, but now Im looking foward this fight even more. As much as I like Roger, I think Eddie has better striking. Roger starts to get a little wild and starts making mistakes. Both are awesome fighters, but this is really anyones fight, but if I had to put money on it...Id go with Eddie.

Still in shock BJ got dominated as he did. The last few cards, the main event always seems to surprise the hell out of me. Brock coming back from round 1 with Shane, Silva getting dominated by Sonnen, and now this. Crazy.

Here's the real reason BJ Penn Lost: His corner damaged his left ear before the fight!

1283191393723.gif

:lol:lol:lol

Penn should hang it up, he didn't even come to fight. I lost alot of respect for him. And his corner sucks.

Would of liked to see Couture at least stand alittle with Toney. Toney isn't no Tyson. I don't think he would of KO'd Couture with one punch.

I still think Penn could beat most of the LW division. He just can't beat Edgar. Just like I think Edgar could beat most of the LW division except Maynard. And to be perfectly honest: I actually think Penn could beat Maynard! :lol

I'm also in disbelief what has happened with Penn.

Florian is officially a choke artist. The dude gets a title opportunity in his hometown and he looked absolutely depressed. Check his walkout, his demeanor looked no different then before the title fight with Penn. Both times it looked like the Octagon was the last place he wanted to be.

"Liddell undecided on future; return still possible"

just read that article from the Q&A in boston

I still think Penn could beat most of the LW division. He just can't beat Edgar. Just like I think Edgar could beat most of the LW division except Maynard. And to be perfectly honest: I actually think Penn could beat Maynard! :lol

I think Aldo could beat any, if not all 3 if he ever moved up. I still havent seen anything too impressive from Maynard, hes a good wrestler with good hands, but i dont see him winning too many stand up fights like he did with Diaz. If he cant get Edgar to the ground, he doesnt have a chance; thats gonna be a 5rd fight for sure.

Not sure if any of you guys saw Joe Lauzon vs. Gabe Ruediger, but "Creepy" whooped that ass and after he won he extended his hand towards Ruediger (sportsmanship) and Gaybe Ruediger completely snubbed Joe and walked away. Talk about a sore loser. Not even sure why the UFC had that ********* come back after the farce he put on his season of TUF. Straight Beeyotch.

Not sure if any of you guys saw Joe Lauzon vs. Gabe Ruediger, but "Creepy" whooped that ass and after he won he extended his hand towards Ruediger (sportsmanship) and Gaybe Ruediger completely snubbed Joe and walked away. Talk about a sore loser. Not even sure why the UFC had that ********* come back after the farce he put on his season of TUF. Straight Beeyotch.

That was fight of the night for me, Joe was all over him the whole fight(however brief it was).

And to be perfectly honest: I actually think Penn could beat Maynard! :lol
Wasn't Maynard on team Penn in the Ultimate Fighter?? iirc then that would be a funny fight.

I loved it. I thought Gabe was such a puss on the show. Showed up the first day 20-something pounds overweight and somehow dodged fighting until nearly the end and STILL couldn't make weight, and was crying when he got kicked off the show because of it. :slap I also thought it was tasteless at the weigh-ins when he brought the cake for Joe.

Yeah Gaybe needs to take the game a little more serious...another shot at the big time totally wasted. He probably put more thought into giving Joe that cake than he did for a game plan on how to win the fight.

Florian is officially a choke artist. The dude gets a title opportunity in his hometown and he looked absolutely depressed. Check his walkout, his demeanor looked no different then before the title fight with Penn. Both times it looked like the Octagon was the last place he wanted to be.

The dude has all the talent in the world, and he comes up short EVERY TIME.

Dana White said it best:

https://videos.mmaweekly.com/view_player.php?id=2991

Back