UFC, etc.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't seen the show yet, but from the sounds of it I saved a few hundred bucks by not going. I hope the next Boston card is better.

Yeah I gotta in rnd 5 it looked like Frankie was just entering rnd 1 and BJ left the building already and was on his flight back home. I actually thought BJ was going to come back bigger and stronger well Frankie whipped his ass.

Randy vs James...well that was a given. I thought it was funny how they were making jokes about Randy getting his black belt after beating James, lol. That was great.

Same situation with kenny...he looked to cautious and I think "the bully" definetly took control of the pace and fought his fight. Its definetly going to be interesting to see how he fights Frankie.

I defn wasnt suprised with any of tonights results, but I thought Florian would be more aggressive, he fought like he did against Penn, too cautious, thats been an achilles heal for him, as well as his defense against wrestlers. I have always thought BJ's coaches were descent at best. If you look at his loss tonight and that beating he took against GSP, his coaches, well didnt coach at all. They seem to either say "keep doing what your doing" or "you need to go ____ this guy up". I dont think Edgar is a bad match up, BJ and his camp just had a horrible game plan, and i dont see him moving up to 170 cause thats an even tougher division, and GSP is still at the top of it.

I think Edgar is a better fighter than he was the first go around with Maynard, so that should be interesting. I dont know if any of you guys saw it, but back when Edgar fought Maynard, Edgar was in a episode of one of those MTV documentaries about up and coming fighters in mma, so hes come a long way. Im glad he won so decisevely tonight.

I'm dreading watching another Bully/Edgar fight, but whatever.

I'm not sure where BJ goes after this. Maybe back to WW? Though he faces a similar problem that he does in LW. Edgar simply has his number.

i love when overrated BJ gets dominated and outclassed for five rounds. back to the middle of the ladder for you jay dee.

Totally agree, I like BJ and I think hes a great fighter, but something about watching him get smashed brings me enjoyment. I couldnt help but laugh to myself and you could easily see BJ didnt have an answer for anything Frankie had. 5 round domination was insane.

pissed i missed the diaz fight. Saw the pics of Davis' eye afterwards---holy ____!.

I was outside drinkin booze and didnt realize i missed 30 minutes of the ppv.

I'm dreading watching another Bully/Edgar fight, but whatever.

really? but yeah, if the last fight is any indication, I think "Bully" is gonna take it (11-0).

I kinda hope Toney dosen't come back, and that Dana contacted 'n contracted him for a one fight deal. If he does maybe Dana can set up Kimbo/Toney. cause you know the loser of that is never coming back. win/win in my book.

Sooner or later EVERY dominant champion falls. Frankie is simply, quicker, stronger and more athletic than BJ. It was a terrible match-up for the Prodigy. BJ's title holding days are just about over.

NEXT FIGHT FOR BJ...should be PENN vs GOMI.

I'm really looking forward to the Maynard vs Edgar title fight. It's gonna be interesting to see if Edgar can stop Maynard's wrestling, and if Maynard can deal with Edgar's frantic pace.

I would LOVE to see Jose Aldo come up to the UFC's 155 division, and challenge Edgar & Maynard...i truly believe he is on their level, if not better.

lol Toney is such a bum,Randy shooting for the takedown from miles away and still got him down.

BJ looked drugged down when he was standing in the ring before the fight started:lol....and it seemed like his cornermen couldn't care less about him with the awful advices they gave him.

BJ looked drugged down when he was standing in the ring before the fight started:lol....and it seemed like his cornermen couldn't care less about him with the awful advices they gave him.

I actually don't mind seeing fighters completley calm walking down the isle or waiting in the ring. What i found interesting was his looks of concern at the start of the 3rd - 4th & 5th rounds.

BJ needs a new camp.

ankle pick for the win!!! smart takedown for randy if he was worried about getting ktfo coming in for a greco type TD. Toney did not want to do anything though. he didnt even look like he wanted to throw a punch. Just stood there got picked and choked. Still made some $$ though lol.

I actually don't mind seeing fighters completley calm walking down the isle or waiting in the ring. What i found interesting was his looks of concern at the start of the 3rd - 4th & 5th rounds.

BJ needs a new camp.

agreed on all accounts. BJ always looks a little stoned b4 a fight. But his camp is getting stale. Its obvious. Edgar's movement just killed BJ. Edgar seems more about a gameplan than an actual brawl. i think BJ keeps expecting a brawl and cant change his plan up to counter the consistent movement and pointing punches.

ept_sports_mma_experts-201561375-1283050265.jpg

lol Toney is such a bum,Randy shooting for the takedown from miles away and still got him down.

This is exactly what I expected. Toney is a ****** who had no clue what he was getting into. Especially against a seasoned veteran of the sport. There's always that slugger's chance and with Toney it's a real threat, but I knew he had nothing else that could touch Couture.

~~I'm very sad about the Penn loss, but at least it shows him that he needs to find something new that can work. I felt he won the first fight, but last night it was without question a beating. He definitely needs to find some new trainers and get some better camps going.

Back