UFC, etc.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Multiple sources have informed MMAWeekly.com that Affliction’s third show, “Triology,” has been cancelled. Fighters and managers were being notified of the situation early Friday morning.

The event was scheduled for Aug. 1 at the Honda Center in Anaheim, Calif.

Details on the cancellation are few, but the loss of Josh Barnett, one half of the evening’s main event, undoubtedly contributed to the decision.

A source close to the situation also informed MMAWeekly.com that Affliction’s pay-per-view provider, Showtime, played a major factor in the cancellation.

that sucks for them. Strikeforce seems to have the right formula for keeping in the business. They are not trying too hard to supplant the UFC, they just keep setting up events with exciting cards and not overspending.

sucks for everyone. i was still interested in seeing fedor fight belfort.

Dana should buy Fedor so I could see how Fedor will pwn this stupid can named Lesnar.

"I have no respect for Frank MUR!"...what a moron.

It's Official: Affliction MMA is dead.

https://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news;_...i-postufconehundred072409&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Later on Friday, Affliction opted to get out of the promoting business and, in a joint statement with the Ultimate Fighting Championship, announced it would become a sponsor of the UFC. The fate of the fighters under contract with Affliction is not known yet.

If you can't beat 'em, come crawlin' back to 'em. :lol

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Actually you're the moron because Frank HAS pronounced his last name like that before.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/ac75ZNlj1d0&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/ac75ZNlj1d0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Last edited:
So you just wanna see him lose, by anyone. I'll never understand that mentality. If it was Tito, thats a different story.

actually, i should have worded that different.I am a big Fedor fan.BUT I want to see Fedor lose because i think it is going to be an insane moment. I like Fedor and think he is a great champ (even with no UFC fights). After Randleman slammed him on his skull,and Fedor survived, he has seemed almost Asgardian to me lol. Him losing could be one of the mythical nights in MMA.
You are right about him being beat by a can though. I would like to see him lose to a name fighter.

Who do you think is the one guy that could beat Fedor and when will it happen?

FEDOR VS LESNAR

I wanna see Lesnar gets his ass kicked, guy is a POS. You guys see his bull^^^^ after the fight vs Mir.

You see beat down he put on Mir during the fight. I dont like the guy but damn his G&P is getting good.

Dana should buy Fedor so I could see how Fedor will pwn this stupid can named Lesnar.

You might not respect him as a man but as a fighter you must. He steps in the cage and fights his ass off, nuff said.:duh

Sweet lord. smh.

Barnett has technically failed three separate commission steroid tests, but a Nov. 2, 2001 failure, taken when he fought Bobby Hoffman at UFC 34, was administered as part of an information-gathering procedure by the Nevada commission, which at the time was exploring whether drug use was a problem in MMA and what penalties such use should constitute. Nevada’s commission ramped up drug testing for MMA fighters in 2003 in the wake of a contentious appeals process with Barnett’s camp. In 2002, Barnett’s camp claimed the failure came from an over-the-counter product.

3 F'n failed tests!? Was anyone else aware of this? First I'm hearing about it. I know that first failed test didn't count.. but still it's a failed test. Barnett is an idiot.

What a stupid bastard!

^^^^ed the fans big time.

I hope no other promotion wastes their time with this ******.

There's no testing in Japan. So expect Josh to fight there exclusively from here on out. I mean 1 failed test, ok it's suspect but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. But 3!? NO. You're a Steroid Monkey. GTFO.

Steroid monkey :lol

Yeah, we'll see him in DREAM sooner than later.

Even though Affliction was likely gonna fail anyways, sux that this bastard pretty much single handedly sealed their fate.

If he goes to DREAM I hope he gets his face stomped in.

Fag. :cool:

Aparantly Dana White twittered "welcome back Tito" Good for all of his fans. Imo Tito's stock went up with Rashad becoming champ, and surviving the Machida fight.

Here's a question:

Which fighter will end up being more well known for killing a promotion:

Barnett or Petruzelli:lol

:lol Definitely Barnett. At least Petruzelli did it by exposing Kimbo in an actual fight. Barnett killed Afflicition by pissing hot. And even worse: Barnett screwed everyone else on that card out of a money AND a paycheck because all the other dudes who had been training and paying money out of pocket for said training got zip when Affliction shut down their card/fight promotion. I read Afflicition might try to help some of them with Sponsorship and M-1 is going to try and add some of the fighters to their U.S. debut card (Aug 28) but they've even said most fighters they won't be able to afford. So overall.. Barnett did more damage and will have significantly more infamy imo. Plus he's a three time loser. So F' him. :D

Here's a funny tidbit: Once AGAIN.. Fedor is part of an org. that dies. 4th one too. :lol

Fight Network RINGS = Dead.
PRIDE FC = Dead.
BoDog Fight = Dead.
Afflicition MMA = Dead.

:lol:lol:lol:rotfl

Aparantly Dana White twittered "welcome back Tito" Good for all of his fans. Imo Tito's stock went up with Rashad becoming champ, and surviving the Machida fight.

Honestly.. I don't expect anything special from him in the UFC LHW division if he does re-sign. Rashad would beat him now. Machida would beat him again. Most of the top level UFC LHW guys would beat him. Hell I think even Chuck Liddell would whoop that ass for a third time if they fought.

*EDIT

Hmmmm.. this is interesting. UFC.com removed the Franklin vs. Hendo II main event from the 103 preview section. When they announced it.. they added it. But after the demise of Affliction and the Tito Ortiz returning talk, now it's gone. There's a huge rumor going around that it was removed because the UFC is trying to set up Ortiz vs. Franklin and Henderson vs. Belfort II (for a MW title shot). I think that would be a better card if it becomes a reality.

Last edited:
Back