UFC, etc.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you can't always tell who is juicing, but the only women I've seen look that manly are the bodybuilding women that juice on something.

It should be said, Cyborg was popped for Stanozolol which is used primarily to shed weight and stay lean. It's not really a "muscle building" steroid. And she's been tested at least 5 times that I know of (all title fights) and she only failed that one time. It should also be noted that physically, she looks exactly the same now as she did when she failed the test unlike some fighters who get popped/start getting tested and have a sudden decrease in muscle mass. So iunno.. :lol

IMO Weidman dominated Machida 4 of the 5 rounds. He was able to take Machida down 5 times and took everything Machida threw at him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im was a Chris doubter for sure. I wanted him to really prove himself. While he did control that fight and I don't doubt him anymore I don't think it was a very impressive fight per say. In his defense Machidas style is a very stick and move counter style which doesn't make for exciting fights. I think Machida should have turned it on much sooner, but again as you mentioned Chris took every punch Machida threw and I'll give him that. While I don't think it was dominating he did control it and back Machida up for sure.

In the beginning it was weight, but then once Tito became her manager I think it was more money and contract disputes pretty much. Considering Invictas situation with the UFC now Im sure they might rethink her position. Only thing shes doing now is Lion Fights which her last fight she lost, so her stock is
slowly falling. Its still a fight Id love to see though.

oh, she lost!? Yea, she should be begging Dana to bring her in, but if she lost her last fight, she's gonna have to work her way up.

oh, she lost!? Yea, she should be begging Dana to bring her in, but if she lost her last fight, she's gonna have to work her way up.

She lost a kickboxing match against a professional kick boxer. It wasn't an MMA rules bout.

Look, Rousey is really good, but let's not kid ourselves: Cyborg would beat the crap out of her. The UFC and Rousey stand to lose a lot of money by bringing in Cyborg, so they probably won't. Unless something changes and Cyborg fights Rousey, all we'll see for the next few years are lopsided beat downs. Eventually Rousey will get tired of that, move on from fighting, and we'll never know who would have won. Kind of like all the Randy-Fedor talk from years ago.

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/is-there-any-competition-left-to-fight-ronda-rousey-010434911.html

[Which brings us back to one of Rousey and White's least favorite topics: Cristiane "Cyborg" Justino.

The former Strikeforce and current Invicta featherweight champion was the reigning queen of women's MMA when Rousey was on her way up. Justino is 12-1 with one no-contest, but that no-contest is key because she was suspended for testing positive for steroids after a 16-second knockout in a bout against Hiroko Yamanaka in San Diego in 2011.

Justino served a year suspension and has fought twice since her reinstatement. She wants to get down to 135 and fight Rousey. When White was asked about the possibility of Justino signing, though, he went off on a profane tangent attempted to put the ball back in the media's court.

"You guys want me to sign her, is that what you're saying?" White asked the gathered reporters. After more prompting, he said, "So, you guys in the media are telling me I should sign Cyborg? Oh, I don't know, I haven't thought about it.
"I just don't want to hear your [expletive] if I do [sign Justino]," he continued. "Because this [expletive] is going to flip as soon as I sign her – drug testing and all the other [expletive]. That'll be the biggest topic. It'll be the biggest [expletive] story for you guys to write. The script will flip immediately."

That was an interesting take, given that earlier in the news conference, White had said that Vitor Belfort, who has been caught cheating on multiple occasions, would be his preferred opponent for middleweight champion Chris Weidman.

On a more practical level, White said that when UFC parent company Zuffa purchased Strikeforce, Justino and her management turned down the same contract offer Rousey accepted.

"If you really want to fight in the UFC and you want to fight for the title, there's ways to get that done," White said. "There's ways to do it. It's not like we never offered Cyborg a deal. We offered Cyborg a deal and they turned it down. She got offered the same deal that Ronda got, and Cyborg turned it down."

But that was then, and this is now. In a way, Rousey has almost become a victim of her own success, making the competition look so out of her league that she appears to lack challenges. As long as Rousey keeps taking out her foes with a sniper's speed and precision, she and White should understand the Cyborg question isn't going to go away, even if she can beat every drunk out on the Vegas Strip.]

Cyborg looks like no other women. She did so much juice she's always going to have the advantage.
640-Header-w-Cris-Cyborg.jpg

Ronda can beat down dudes too. I really don't buy that Cyborg would destroy Ronda. Ronda is better now than Gina was in her prime. Ronda has had better competition than Gina had back then too

Gina is the best or close to the best competition Cyborg has had no? My point was that Rousey is much better than anyone Cyborg has fought.

I don't think Gina was Cyborg's toughest competition. You're right that Rousey is better than anyone Cyborg has fought, but the same can be said in the other direction. I hope the fight happens, but Dana is giving Cyborg the Fedor treatment.

UFC 176 canceled. Could'a just had another main event and put it on Fox Sports 1. Guess we'll have to wait for UFC 177.

It was announced yesterday, but today the buzz around Albuquerque (where I live) is about Holly Holm signing with the the UFC. I imagine she'll get a tune up fight then get a title shot.

Holly Holm is good but not sure she can take down Rousey. Rousey is a beast in the cage. If Holly Holm keeps her distance she has a good chance of winning.

And besides signing Holm, the UFC cemented their unofficial relationship with Invicta by signing a multi-year agreement to air Invicta FC events on Fight Pass. Not to mention Cyborg is set to make her Bantamweight debut in December. Looks like she's going the DC route and taking time to actually drop physical pounds to fight in that division instead of simply cutting water to make weight (which she said for her, was impossible).

So that's two potential match-ups for Rousey + rematches. Yeah.. WMMA is paper thin. :lol

Back