UC new line of LOTR swords

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sir Tristram, was your quiver officially licensed? I'd have to check with Richard Taylor to see whom they officially licensed for these . . .Would be nice if UC carries them. The bows certainly look nice . . .but I find it hard to believe they're officially licensed. Wonder who would know where to check if something's officially licensed . . .

Sir Tristram, was your quiver officially licensed? I'd have to check with Richard Taylor to see whom they officially licensed for these . . .Would be nice if UC carries them. The bows certainly look nice . . .but I find it hard to believe they're officially licensed. Wonder who would know where to check if something's officially licensed . . .

:dunno I would go straight to the source...New Line Cinema

Yes. It came from the lordoftheringscatalog.com when they were still live. It came with fully licensed packaging and little labels on everything.

You guys are kind of new to LOTR prop replicas huh? I only say that because this stuff was extremely available when the films were out. The site was devoted to only LOTR stuff. It wasn't some esoteric website that no one had every heard of before. It went under ultimately because the films were finished and the stuff was limited and very expensive. I got a hell of a deal on mine. They were offering half off on everything before they closed shop.

I just checked an old website I had saved and the one I mentioned was actually called the official lord of the rings catalog. It was linked from all the major lotr sites. Write the blokes at TheOneRing.net if you're really hard up for an answer. They'll get back to you. New Line probably won't.

Well . . .even stuff from Kit Rae is not official, even though he had a hand in the whole United Cutlery line. So, when in doubt, I go to my source; Richard Taylor. And erm, in terms of prop replicas, some of us here go way back.

In looking at the forum link you shared, a user by the nickname Gregorius0202 shared the following info, which makes the whole question of being officially licensed moot:

"If you're not too terribly upset about the authority of the exacting detail of pieces, and want some functional archery equipment, I'd suggest bowstick.com... They've got plenty of high quality, LotR movie-based (but not official) archery stuff.

https://www.bowstick.com/"

FWIW, these are great representations of the actual thing. I sure hope UC can do something with them.

Last edited:
What do you mean by 'official'? I was referring to officially licensed merchandise. Everything I have had an 'official' New Line Cinema stamp on it...and that goes for all of the United Stuff that Kit produced, so I don't know what you mean about going to Richard.
New Line whored out the license to just about everyone when the films were out....Even those huge German dolls that people comment on relentlessly in my collection, were officially licensed.

Well . . .even stuff from Kit Rae is not official, even though he had a hand in the whole United Cutlery line. So, when in doubt, I go to my source; Richard Taylor. And erm, in terms of prop replicas, some of us here go way back.

In looking at the forum link you shared, a user by the nickname Gregorius0202 shared the following info, which makes the whole question of being officially licensed moot:

"If you're not too terribly upset about the authority of the exacting detail of pieces, and want some functional archery equipment, I'd suggest bowstick.com... They've got plenty of high quality, LotR movie-based (but not official) archery stuff.

https://www.bowstick.com/"

FWIW, these are great representations of the actual thing. I sure hope UC can do something with them.

New Line may have whored their merchandise, but I've tried to get some items signed by Richard Taylor himself, and he drew the line somewhere. If I can't get him to sign it, then I'll take his word that it's not official.

I'll have to ask Richard if he'd heard of bowstick.com. I take it the bowstick stuff had the New Line logo on them? Funny thing, as New Line is no longer.

Hi ST -

I'm still holding out hope for that Museum Collection Anduril.
:peace

Yeah, me too. That would be the ultimate LOTR sword collectible. It would be big, too!
Those pieces laid on top of a shield in the film. It would be great to have the whole set up!!!

What do you mean by 'official'? I was referring to officially licensed merchandise. Everything I have had an 'official' New Line Cinema stamp on it...and that goes for all of the United Stuff that Kit produced, so I don't know what you mean about going to Richard.
New Line d out the license to just about everyone when the films were out....Even those huge German dolls that people comment on relentlessly in my collection, were officially licensed.

He dials RT up on the bat phone. :duh

The upcoming LICENSED UC Isildur sword will be a real tempter for me; that should be a goodie! Perhaps not exactly "Weta accurate" but none are unless they are made of dense rubber or high carbon steel - but then that isn't a prop replica, it's a PROP. :lol

Same here.. i can't afford going after any of the shards when they pop up online.. i'd love to get a nice display of the shards to go with my LE Anduril...

*sigh*

Looks nice, I might have to get one myself; the prices are so much lower than the first time around. :banana

Back