Twilight

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do hope the CG/effects will be done better than the first. That was the only weak point of the movie to me. They weren't bad, but could have been better.

I think that is the major thing her and the studio didn't see eye to eye on. She wanted more and they want to cheap out and rush it. The second book requires much more CG than the first. A whole new mess of introductions if you will. If they don't do THEM right then it would mess it all up.

The Variety article said that she wasn't happy with the script and thought it needed months of development. There was a mention of the CG too though. I'm sure Summit will throw all the money in the world at the sequel - but that won't help if the script is crappy.

The first was a success, so the director and scriptwriters with Meyer's input will take their time with the sequels whether its Hardwicke or not. Harry Potter had multiple directors and the films still did well. Summit I think knows they have a cash cow in merchandising alone with all the girls buying up all the Twilight merchandising and so they'll want to continue garnering films. If Meyer isn't happy with the film and is vocal about it it'll kill sales.

The thing is Meyer has publically said that she doesn't see a probable way to make the fourth book into a film because of the amount of CGI that would be needed and the fact that it wouldn't look right according to her on film. She has gone on record saying there are no plans as of yet and all the main actors are only signed for three picture deals. Should be interesting if this hold true for them and they get to the end of the third without the final story being told. She also said that if it were ever done it'd have to be two films because she can't imagine it compacted into 90 minutes.

worf.gif

:lol <!-- / message --> <!-- sig --> __________________

The first was a success, so the director and scriptwriters with Meyer's input will take their time with the sequels whether its Hardwicke or not.

They've set a release date - so obviously they won't be taking time with the script. They're rushing a script that's just a transliteration of the novel into production.

And given Meyer's imagination - I can see how she wouldn't be able to see how the last book could be made. But the CG pros can do justice to Lord of the Rings then I think that they can handle Breaking Dawn no matter how many vampires and werewolves are included.

The books have werewolves, too? That's cool. Are they as androgynous and effeminate as the vampires?

Also, Hardwicke has a point with the timing thing. Summit can throw a ton of money at it, but speeding up the production timeline (especially FX) almost never has a positive effect on quality.

Not sure but the Warewolves are a Native American tribe and from what my wife tells me about their origins its one of the most interesting aspects of the saga.

As I said above, the last book is the most interesting, the most mature and the most action oriented. It could definitely make for a very cool film. But the 2nd book is a little better than the first, but with just as much whining and yearning - which Hardwicke managed to avoid. That's my worry - the new director won't be able to ditch the crap.

And I don't think it's a spoiler to mention the werewolves, they kind of obliquely reference it in the first film.

What will be interesting is that if I understand it correctly Jacob ages to 22 by the second book having to do with his heritage. So the actor will be recasted, it should be interesting to see if they can get that point across realistically to the general audience who like myself is still trying to grasp the reasoning for it.

I think the fear will be more that the director will try to emulate the first film overly and took too far the other way than to just go based off of script. Most likely they'll nab a director who is already established in teen films one way or another and they'll make spot changes as well. While ditching the crap was definitely good, the speedo jokes, boob jokes, sexual undertones were admittingly Hardwicke driven so another director could actually take that too far and be so far removed from the source that mainstream fans will be turned off as well....its a slippery slope.

What will be interesting is that if I understand it correctly Jacob ages to 22 by the second book having to do with his heritage. So the actor will be recasted, it should be interesting to see if they can get that point across realistically to the general audience who like myself is still trying to grasp the reasoning for it.

I think the fear will be more that the director will try to emulate the first film overly and took too far the other way than to just go based off of script. Most likely they'll nab a director who is already established in teen films one way or another and they'll make spot changes as well. While ditching the crap was definitely good, the speedo jokes, boob jokes, sexual undertones were admittingly Hardwicke driven so another director could actually take that too far and be so far removed from the source that mainstream fans will be turned off as well....its a slippery slope.

It looks like they cast Jacob so he could continue in the role. Even though the actor is only 16, I think if he beefs up he could stay.

I had to post this. TWILIGHT in a little over 3 minutes.....performed by puppets.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/1u718MmV0dg&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/1u718MmV0dg&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I had to post this. TWILIGHT in a little over 3 minutes.....performed by puppets.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/1u718MmV0dg&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/1u718MmV0dg&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Cool, now I don't have bother watching it! :D

Back