Statue Tweeterhead Julie Newmar Catwoman by Trevor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will have this... Oh yes...:) if anyone finds a video of this at wondercon please post

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

It's an extremely gorgeous piece. Trevor knocked it ouf the park. Can't wait to pre-order it.

dc090.JPG

dc087.JPG

dc088.JPG

dc081.JPG

dc128.JPG

dc082.JPG

dc126.JPG

dc089.JPG

It's an extremely gorgeous piece. Trevor knocked it ouf the park. Can't wait to pre-order it.

dc090.JPG

dc087.JPG

dc088.JPG

dc081.JPG

dc128.JPG

dc082.JPG

dc126.JPG

dc089.JPG

I so want this, the scale is right at my threshold of collecting but does look bigger than 1/6 scale, the other thing that does concern me is how accurate is the proto-type going to be to the production piece, Trevor captured her likeness Purrrect, the second, will we be charged a 1/6 scale price or a 1/4 scale price?

BTW I have a question the Catwoman with the Whip and Batman with the rope, what scale are those? anyone, because if they are 1/6 they are much smaller than the Trevor Grove Called 1/6 scale statue in the background, if not :)

Al

Last edited:
The Catwoman and Batman in front look like 1/6 scale, the Catwoman leaning against the cat statue seems to be 1:4 scale...

The Catwoman and Batman in front look like 1/6 scale, the Catwoman leaning against the cat statue seems to be 1:4 scale...

Guys...this has already been stated as 1/6 by the company. :slap Look at the size of the hand of the guy taking the photo. Look at the size of the guy's head on the other side of the display unit. And that Batman that is hanging is a Christmas ornament. She's 1/6, the reason she "appears" larger is because they put her on a larger base which gives the illusion of greater height. I swear what have some of you been smoking? :lol

Guys...this has already been stated as 1/6 by the company. :slap Look at the size of the hand of the guy taking the photo. Look at the size of the guy's head on the other side of the display unit. And that Batman that is hanging is a Christmas ornament. She's 1/6, the reason she "appears" larger is because they put her on a larger base which gives the illusion of greater height. I swear what have some of you been smoking? :lol

What are we smoking? I was going to ask you the same thing, regardless of what you have read the statue of catwoman leaning on the cat statue is quite a bit bigger then the two statues in front there is not way they are all 1/6 scale. Either she's 1:6 scale and the other two are 1:10 scale or she's 1:4 and the others are 1:6... You act like it's an optical illusion, those statues are not the same size. BTW I'm not talking about the hanging batman either

the other thing that does concern me is how accurate is the proto-type going to be to the production piece

Tweeterhead's Munsters line turned out to be magnificent in that respect. I have big hopes for this, as long as it's them who do the paint apps, not DC Collectibles.

Trevor captured her likeness Purrrect

He always does. I swear that kid's ridiculously talented.

While I think just about everything on the larger Catwoman statue is ideal (pose, base, concept, sculpt), I have to be honest and say the smaller figure- the one paired off with the Batman one- is substantially more recognizable as Julie Newmar. It's not just that the bigger one has a mask on. If that one were being presented as a Lee Meriwether Catwoman, it wouldn't be too far out of line either. Point is, I'm just not seeing a strong resemblance to Newmar specifically.
Still a great looking statue overall, and Trevor is certainly an accomplished portrait sculptor- but if that's really his, I'm a bit disappointed.

The in progress photos posted in the other thread show this as 14" tall (including the base).

While I think just about everything on the larger Catwoman statue is ideal (pose, base, concept, sculpt), I have to be honest and say the smaller figure- the one paired off with the Batman one- is substantially more recognizable as Julie Newmar. It's not just that the bigger one has a mask on. If that one were being presented as a Lee Meriwether Catwoman, it wouldn't be too far out of line either. Point is, I'm just not seeing a strong resemblance to Newmar specifically.
Still a great looking statue overall, and Trevor is certainly an accomplished portrait sculptor- but if that's really his, I'm a bit disappointed.

While I agree about the part in bold, I still think the likeness on the 'big' statue is really good. Did you see this hi-res pic? Maybe that would change your mind. Or maybe not.

Anyway, I admit I like the whole package of the bigger statue better as a classy all-round concept, as you said.

The in progress photos posted in the other thread show this as 14" tall (including the base).

LOL more logic, I like it :). Re: Her height. I know, even looking at the people standing near the display cabinet in the photo you can clearly see that this is 1/6. Not sure why some people thought it was bigger. Teeterhead is smart to give the illusion of her being bigger by putting her on a larger base. Regardless, beautiful piece.

LOL more logic, I like it :). Re: Her height. I know, even looking at the people standing near the display cabinet in the photo you can clearly see that this is 1/6. Not sure why some people thought it was bigger. Teeterhead is smart to give the illusion of her being bigger by putting her on a larger base. Regardless, beautiful piece.

She might be 1:6 but the other two defiantly look smaller then her regardless of base.

I love this forum.

I believe the smaller catwoman and batman statues are the model kits. The model kits are 1:8 scale and she supposedly stands around 9.5" and batman stands around 9 inches.

As others have rightfully stated before, she is 1:6, not 1:4 scale.

a17.jpg

She might be 1:6 but the other two defiantly look smaller then her regardless of base.

Agree. Just compare the size of the feet and the legs on the two catwomens. There is no way those two statues are the same scale.:wink1:
dc126.jpg

Back