Statue Tweeterhead Julie Newmar Catwoman by Trevor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow' the finished piece looks really nice.Add a Green Emerald and a Red Ruby that can be exchanged with the Diamond for the EX.That unmasked version next to her looks like it's Trevor's work also.Would like to see a full shot of that one.Nice work.

Wow. That looks soooooooo great. I want to order now as well lol. It's just such a unique catwoman statue and so well done!...close ups please

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I know Tweeterhead statues are 1:6 scale but that Catwoman looks 1:4 scale to me. Here's hoping.

It's been confirmed that they're all 1:6th, and the sculptor himself said the same when he posted this picture. I think it's just because of the gigantic base/diorama that it appears larger. On the bright side, I bet it'd look damn good with the Hot Toys Batman and Robin.

It's been confirmed that they're all 1:6th, and the sculptor himself said the same when he posted this picture. I think it's just because of the gigantic base/diorama that it appears larger. On the bright side, I bet it'd look damn good with the Hot Toys Batman and Robin.

Forget Hot Toys, I'm hoping they sculpt a Batman and Robin to go with this Catwoman statue... :pray:

Why forget Hot Toys? I'm sure they will make a Batman and Robin, but, if not, at least they'll all, seemingly, be in the same scale.

Why forget Hot Toys? I'm sure they will make a Batman and Robin, but, if not, at least they'll all, seemingly, be in the same scale.

I've tried the Hot Toys route, bought 8 of them thinking I was going to like them, but the exposed joints and not being able to pose them without the help of the crotch stand kind of turned me off to them. I know a lot of people like them but it's just not my thing, that's why I sold all mine. IMO what hot toys needs to do is make thin magnetic bases and put some magnets in the bottom of their feet, then you could get some killer poses without the need for a stand. But anyways I've concluded I'm more of a statue collector then a Hot Toys collector....

too bad this is only 1/6 scale. A regretable pass for me.

Hopefully someone will offer us 1/4 scale statues soon.

Back when they first announced all of the 66 merch, I remember Sideshow Collectibles being listed among the licensees, so, with that in mind, at the very least, I can see them doing a Batman PF.

I've tried the Hot Toys route, bought 8 of them thinking I was going to like them, but the exposed joints and not being able to pose them without the help of the crotch stand kind of turned me off to them. I know a lot of people like them but it's just not my thing, that's why I sold all mine. IMO what hot toys needs to do is make thin magnetic bases and put some magnets in the bottom of their feet, then you could get some killer poses without the need for a stand. But anyways I've concluded I'm more of a statue collector then a Hot Toys collector....

But you can't pose a statue. Just sits there. No dynamics. At least you can have fun with a Hot Toys figure and make different poses.

But you can't pose a statue. Just sits there. No dynamics. At least you can have fun with a Hot Toys figure and make different poses.

I kind of agree with you. The way I look at it, a figure can function as a statue, but a statue can't function as a figure. With that in mind, it's mostly about aesthetics, for me. I see this and I think if HT doesn't do any more '60s figures, I could always collect some of these, because, aesthetically, they seem similar enough to the Hot Toys figures, in terms of quality, that they would look good together. I was actually doing a double take at her suit because the paintwork was done so well that I thought it was fabric.

From the Trevor Grove Sculpture Facebook page:

891713_687677831296886_6078654879290278008_o.jpg

That's... beautiful.

True you can pose Hot Toys but your still stuck with a crotch stand holding them up which IMO takes away from any cool pose you might come up with. It's one of the reason I decided not to continue collecting them.... Statues usually come in a great dynamic pose to begin with where as Hot Toys can be limited by the stand and even by extremely tight outfits that make it hard to move the limbs into certain positions. The other big plus with statues is if they show skin you don't have to look at ugly joints.

The thing Hot Toys has going for them is the likeness factor of their faces. The thing statues have going for them (at least sculpted ones) is you can really show the muscle definition that are sculpted into the body, you don't get that with Hot Toys... As for the female form I don't think I've seen any Hot Toys that can match up to the sexiness of a sculpted statue in capturing the female form...

As for poses, if you ever look at peoples Hot Toys collections 99% of the time they're just posed standing straight up on the shelf...

Anyways it's kind of like comparing apples to oranges... each have their pro's and con's

Last edited:
I tend to agree, I prefer options with regards to pose, but it ruins the look with a basic stand IMO. The diorama bases help a lot, and the figures that hide the joints still look great to me. Most statues you can't pose, at best you get some swappable items to switch it up, but if they are in a good pose why mess with it. I have mostly statues, but retain some figs to scratch my pose changing itch once in a while.

Statue looks great. Trevor Grove really got her long legs sculpted perfectly. And it looks like the paint on her costume is also perfect. Can't wait to get this one. It's like she stepped right out of the TV show.

Back