Action Figure Turned my regular Mark VII into battle damaged prototype. (PICS TEASING MY DIORAMA!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
THANKS MAN! That really made my day. More pictures? I'll see what I can do....

And I hope you guys will forgive me, but a battle damaged on like that is on eBay right now. Handpainted and airbrushed just like this one, including the BD mark VII package (box, chitauri base, etc). I need to sell it to fund furthering my diorama. I think this one might be even closer to the picture of the movie:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/200989805584?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

battledamaged.jpg

Dude, we live in the same country! Fellow countrymen with awesome skills keep popping up here.

Sent you a PM 'bout your ad.

Ok, by popular demand, here are some more pictures! I look forward to your responses!

battledamaged6.jpg

battledamaged1.jpg

battledamaged2.jpg

battledamaged3.jpg

battledamaged4.jpg

battledamaged5.jpg

battledamaged7.jpg

battledamaged8.jpg

What is the mark 42?never seen that before

I was wondering when that question would come. :D It's a Kotobukiya mark 42, which I repainted a bit (will add some battle damage later). I bought a hot toys MMS191 platform on ebay and modded the figure and platform so it would stand on that. I hollowed out the leg and ran wire through it, so now the platform and the figure run off an AC adapter

I was wondering when that question would come. :D It's a Kotobukiya mark 42, which I repainted a bit (will add some battle damage later). I bought a hot toys MMS191 platform on ebay and modded the figure and platform so it would stand on that. I hollowed out the leg and ran wire through it, so now the platform and the figure run off an AC adapter

How the f did you manage to do that?! :thud:

How the f did you manage to do that?! :thud:

LOL. Well, just like I wrote in the earlier post.:) I drilled out the straight leg with a large drill. Then I shaped the Pin on the other foot, so I could put it into a hole I drilled into the MMS 191 base. Then I soldered extra wire into the AC adapter socket and put in a pot meter so I could change the intensity of the light. And I soldered the other end onto the plug that fit into the figure. Finally, I drilled a very small hole into the 191 base right where the mark 42s heel goes, so I could run the wire from the base to the figure. Invisible and not all that difficult.

LOL. Well, just like I wrote in the earlier post.:) I drilled out the straight leg with a large drill. Then I shaped the Pin on the other foot, so I could put it into a hole I drilled into the MMS 191 base. Then I soldered extra wire into the AC adapter socket and put in a pot meter so I could change the intensity of the light. And I soldered the other end onto the plug that fit into the figure. Finally, I drilled a very small hole into the 191 base right where the mark 42s heel goes, so I could run the wire from the base to the figure. Invisible and not all that difficult.

:clap That takes skills! Really nicely done. If I attempted that I'd be left with a pile of red and gold rubble that used to be a Mark 42. :lol

All these responses have given me great inspiration, soooooo...

The entire diorama will be for sale (or for the right offer, parts of it).

Please PM me if you're interested

Got Jazz' awesome customized Mark VII BD today. Holy sheet, what a figure! That is one ***up armor!

Just inbox shots at the moment. Only had a couple of hours this afternoon and it got dark really quick (dumb seasons). I am afraid all of my crappy camera shots won't show the awesomeness that is this figure, coupled with flash in dark rooms but we will see tomorrow.

I am ashamed to admit I did a little dance after unpacking. :lol

Back