True Detective

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well obviously so it could be seen in the reflection of water on the floor. Duh.

that-moment-when-you-cant-find-the-right-words_1027.gif

I don't know. Looks pretty dry to me. :lol

if you look across the street in the alley shot there was a large puddle, and when he was walking back from the school..and look at the sky throughout that scene...it was dark/overcast.

Same here. And when he decided to just leave it I thought the car was going to explode when he turned the ignition. I'm not sure that wasn't unintentional by the writer, to build up more tension.

Thought that too Kara, either way it did, and YoNoSe I don't think it was blinking, it was the reflection in the water at first that made it seem like that, but I think it was a constant red light if I remember right..like many things that have power on.

if you look across the street in the alley shot there was a large puddle, and when he was walking back from the school..and look at the sky throughout that scene...it was dark/overcast.

I'll settle on it being a huge coincidence then that he parks on the one large puddle on the street, with blue skies and clouds. It was just too convenient for me to progress the story of having the tracker on the car.

How else would you communicate to the viewing audience that Ray's car had a tracking device on it?

A handprint or scuffmark on the door, a footprint from the (possibly?) other puddles next to the car....off the top of my head. A red LED, blinking or not, seems way too "first draft" for a show about detectives, IMO.

But that's just an answer for the sake of the question. I really don't mean to nitpick. My opinion is it's a rushed season from a writer who may have gotten more clout than he deserves from season 1. I still think he's very talented, but that he probably needs collaborators and notes as much as the next guy.

Just saw the whole season and man, am I disappointed at the last two episodes. Why make the main characters go through all that **** just to kill them off?! Shock value? The first season will be a fluke going forward.

McConaughey talks True Detective ... has discussed reprising Rust Cohle with Nick Pizzolato ...

SnakeDoc

I'd love to see Rust back, but he was at his best when he was questioning the good in everyone. He is a changed man after the events of the first season. But MM would definitely make this work. I hope they bring back TD.

And I'm all for bringing back Alexandra Diddario

alexandra-daddario-gif-26.gif

Loved the 1st Season, the second was ok.

Too bad they have to abandon the structure of each season being self-contained, as I feel Rust and Cole's story should be done. But I'll still watch it.

Back