True Detective

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They didn't want his suit until his remark. They were leaving. Ray had a GPS on his car...ok...but try and get some distance or elude them to switch rides.

He had a transponder he couldn't remove, exactly what he told Ani on the phone, ditto on the state troopers, he was taking them somewhere he thought he "might" have a chance, even though he had already resigned his fate when talking to Ani and telling his friend he wasn't going to make it, and get her on that boat.... And leaving Frank out in the desert would have been a death sentence, cause it looked like nothing was around for miles & miles, Frank wanted a ride and to keep his suit due to the 3.5 mill of diamonds in the pocket, and knew he would die without a ride anyway. so why give them 3.5 mill extra for nothing, when he is gonna die anyway? it was a pointed decision. The writing and was on point throughout in a film noir genre which is what this series is all about.

Anyone else notice after the vultures are following Frank, that they show his shadow and it looks very vulturish as well. Those that got this season really got it, and those that didn't really seemed like they didn't......can't wait to see what the next season brings...

Funniest scene...Frank walks the mayor's wife to the pool, she ponders the guys suicide, to which Frank gives her a look and says, " are you dense" lol. I pictured him saying that to Owen Wilson.

and I thought the funniest line in that exchange was "I hope you kept some of that Ms. Ukraine money".........:rotfl

Ray knew he was done before he left his son's school. It was just a matter of time, and he wasn't going to make it to prison alive of course. So, he just drew it out to call Ani, to try to get his last text message in, and to maybe take a couple of his pursuers out.

Haven't rewatched the episode again yet. Did the Black Mountain guys put the transponder on Ray's charger before or after he visited his son?

I think it was after, like they knew to wait at the school for him, but wanted to double check.

That's what I thought. Reminds my of Heat, where De Niro's character (McCauley) could have gotten away scott free had he just taken his out instead of tying up loss ends. Different reasons (McCauley to kill the criminal taht ratted him and his crew out, Ray to see his son) but same ending.

Ray knew he was done before he left his son's school. It was just a matter of time, and he wasn't going to make it to prison alive of course. So, he just drew it out to call Ani, to try to get his last text message in, and to maybe take a couple of his pursuers out.

:exactly:
Seeing the Laurel Canyon sign on the interstate, and the should he/shouldn't he dialogue going on in his head( I was like don't do it..lol)..my guess is it was put on at the school too, but like he told Ani, he didn't know if they had already been following him, so I *think* it is up to interpretation. if he hadn't stopped at the school he wouldn't have seen it and maybe he would not have gotten it on his car, but the flip side is, if it was there already he would have lead them right to Ani too..but he was resigned on the phone. good acting by CF.

another fav scene is when he sees Buress hiding at the train station, he jolts/and his hat/ head just shake and you can see just how palpable he wants to kill him...

Yeah, the singer getting so much of a focus was weird. She must be sleeping with one of the producers.

Who was Vince Vaughn sleeping with? Like 4 episodes of him essentially talking to himself in a piss-poor Walken impression. At least Lyra Lynn can actually play the blues.

I don't blame him. It comes down to writing and direction. This season was a huge stretch to 8 episodes. The Paul character was a long road to nowhere and his function in the plot could have been assigned elsewhere and saved a lot of time. The other characters, who I liked despite their filler plots and dialogue, would have all benefited from a shorter season, too. As boring episodes go, the first half of the season was still pretty good.

I think Pizzalato has more great stuff in him but this season felt rushed, stretched, and reactionary to criticisms of season one. And the cheap shot at Carey ***unaga was pretty indicative of weak character. Dude needs a break and a writer's room.

Who was Vince Vaughn sleeping with? Like 4 episodes of him essentially talking to himself in a piss-poor Walken impression. At least Lyra Lynn can actually play the blues.
As much as I dislike the focus on her, she did get pretty weak material (dear God, I hope she didn't write it). "This is my least favourite life...", "The station pulls away from the train...". Just garbage.

Unrelated, but that first scene with Frank, Velcoro and the singer is everything I dislike about this season. They spend a couple minutes vogueing at each other (with the singer providing the 'ambiance') before getting into conversation. Comes off as very pretentious.

Oh, and Velcoro's son... Hmm, hard for me to believe that two brunettes that are both wiry had an overweight ginger with ZERO resemblance to either parent. That would have to be one in a trillion.

As much as I dislike the focus on her, she did get pretty weak material (dear God, I hope she didn't write it). "This is my least favourite life...", "The station pulls away from the train...". Just garbage.

Unrelated, but that first scene with Frank, Velcoro and the singer is everything I dislike about this season. They spend a couple minutes vogueing at each other (with the singer providing the 'ambiance') before getting into conversation. Comes off as very pretentious.

Oh, and Velcoro's son... Hmm, hard for me to believe that two brunettes that are both wiry had an overweight ginger with ZERO resemblance to either parent. That would have to be one in a trillion.

Sometimes genetic traits and recessive genes skip a generation, maybe one of his grandparents had red hair as well. It happens all the time.

Eyes, nose, mouth, hair, something would resemble the parent. May be subtle but something would match up. What I dislike about it is it's obviously meant to make the viewer think "rapist's kid". A good show would have something ambiguous so the viewer might think it could've gone either way. What they did was just cheap misdirection, IMO.

Eyes, nose, mouth, hair, something would resemble the parent. May be subtle but something would match up. What I dislike about it is it's obviously meant to make the viewer think "rapist's kid". A good show would have something ambiguous so the viewer might think it could've gone either way. What they did was just cheap misdirection, IMO.

It's TV...look at CF b/g he's Irish look at all the Gingers that come from Ireland/Scotland from dark haired parents, but it's in the line. And overweight kids often do not look like their parents unless/until they drop some of the weight. I thought it was ambiguous as it was, 'cause you really weren't sure either way until the very end. It was a lot better than some of the current series on TV. so w/e.

Well, we'll agree on w/e since it's not worth arguing about. I could've seen that being handled better, myself. That's not to say it wasn't a good season/show. Gonna re-watch ep 2 right now.

I like moody bluesy stuff so I find that kind of sledge-hammer phrasing easier to swallow in a song than being spoken with a straight face ala "sometimes ya best self is ya worst self" and "the avocados and the present from the stork are gonna be what they call moot points."

I do like the idea I've heard that Frank is essentially a poser, trying to hard to sound articulate and project what he thinks is a "businessman" persona. I just don't care for the delivery.

But I don't wanna beat it up too badly. It's easy to focus on the clunk but I did enjoy a lot of it, too.

In my opinion both seasons of True Detective are surrealistic. So, the wacky dialogue, wacky coincidences, weird dreams and visions, etc. I can support on principle. But everything really clicked into place in season 1, while in season 2 it was more uneven.

Caught a little of the finale again last night. Why would you a have a blinking red LED on your sneaky tracking device? :lol

Convenient that Valcoro parked over the ONLY puddle on the whole damn street too. :lol

I thought the same thing too, but if you look, there were other puddles in other shots shown..like it had just rained not too long ago.

Back