TRON Legacy Collectibles thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, thats the one!

Ok now I gotta watch it again! Brb :lol

I paused the vid then compared theirs to my 12" deluxe and tbh I cannot tell much difference. The hands and discs look identical, as do much of the torso's and the helmets and feet.

The differences I could see were in the Sam suit, it looks like it has the white stripes whereas the 12" stripes are blue. Also, the hand he has planted on the ground is a flat palm with fingers spread whereas on the 12" both hands are sculpted to clench a weapon and cannot be manipulated to that form.

If anyone has a Rinzler or Kevin Flynn 12" deluxe that could provide input that would help :D

Last edited:
Ok now I gotta watch it again! Brb :lol

I paused the vid then compared theirs to my 12" deluxe and tbh I cannot tell much difference. The hands and discs look identical, as do much of the torso's and the helmets and feet.

The differences I could see were in the Sam suit, it looks like it has the white stripes whereas the 12" stripes are blue. Also, the hand he has planted on the ground is a flat palm with fingers spread whereas on the 12" both hands are sculpted to clench a weapon and cannot be manipulated to that form.

If anyone has a Rinzler or Kevin Flynn 12" deluxe that could provide input that would help :D
Another difference which easily screams statue is that there is no joints.

316663464.jpg

Finished up my first custom disc! Worked out pretty well but there's a few minor issues I'd like to fix up before I finish my second one off.

sweet work man, was that made out of one of the plastic 20$ ones? Could pass as SS's new disk.

Yep, one of the plastic ones heavily modified with new rings/a lighting kit.

Y4NK33 PL4N3T said:
Wow that disc is bangin!

Where's the How-to guide?

The guy I bought the lighting kit from includes a how-to guide! Over on RPF, it's the Soul Inertia mod. Takes some extensive dremel work but it's not too bad. Probably 8~ hours since I was rusty with my dremel and made some mistakes along the way.

A little bit of news regarding the SSC Tron stuff in the latest QandA. Apparently a 1/4 scale PF/Maquette of a "villian" will be coming. A Clu would be amazing.

Monday, June 13th, 2011
Is the Sam Flynn Light Disc still going to be produced? We saw a short video on the production blog a while ago and nothing since. Can you let us know if it’s still coming, and when it might be available for pre-order?

We are in fact developing lots of Tron Legacy products. Not only the Sam Flynn Light Disc set, but also a 1:4 scale Lightcycle and an as-of-yet-unannounced 1:4 scale villain too. Because the light features are so essential to Tron, we need additional time to work out all of the engineering and functionality on our products before they are ready for their big reveal. We may be able to show some of them at San Diego Comic-Con, or perhaps soon after the show.

My guess is Rinzler...

After hearing the HT hold on the Tron line I pretty much told myself I wouldn't have Tron items as part of my collection, and could save some money in the long haul :lol

Skipping the Kevin Flynn 1/6 & SSC light cycle was easy, but it would be very hard to pass on a 1/4 Rinzler unless he looked awful or was posed poorly.

Pose him like either of the following and he's sold:

tron_rinzler.jpg

rinzler_final.jpg

I don't know if anyone is interested, but I just popped in to mention that the Tron action figures are on clearance in Disney stores. I got an Impulse Projection 7" CLU for $3.99. I believe they had a few 3" figures for $2.99. But they didn't have too many things.

My guess is Rinzler...

God, I hope so. It'd be nice if they included a de-aged Bruce Boxleitner head for alternate display, along with the option to change from blue to red lighting effects with the flip of a switch. That way, you could have him displayed as Rinzler, or Tron.

God, I hope so. It'd be nice if they included a de-aged Bruce Boxleitner head for alternate display, along with the option to change from blue to red lighting effects with the flip of a switch. That way, you could have him displayed as Rinzler, or Tron.

That would be my first PF purchase.

I'm not really a fan of the Rinzler costume. WAY too boring compared to Sam and Clu. I don't understand why they went so simple. Wouldn't make as interesting a statue as Clu.

Back