TRON Legacy Collectibles thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a new Tron prop in today. I REALLY like this one, and you can see why. While some people thought Castor was too "colorful" of a character, I loved that aspect about him. His cane was such a cool piece, I really wanted one to display.

I didn't realize Castor was disliked / mixed reactions. He was my favorite character in the movie.

I didn't realize Castor was disliked / mixed reactions. He was my favorite character in the movie.

Wow. I hated the character. Thought he was utterly pointless and then annoying to top it off. Maybe they'll devolope him in the cartoon, but I thought the whole "I know a guy named Zeus" and then it really being Castor was pretty nonsensical. And the guy made all the wrong choices. Not sure how he would have survived so long playing both sides by the way he was schooled by Clu so easily.

Wow. I hated the character. Thought he was utterly pointless and then annoying to top it off. Maybe they'll devolope him in the cartoon, but I thought the whole "I know a guy named Zeus" and then it really being Castor was pretty nonsensical. And the guy made all the wrong choices. Not sure how he would have survived so long playing both sides by the way he was schooled by Clu so easily.

I should also admit I just liked the performance of Castor. Like much of the movie, I didn't really have any clue what his role in the grand scheme of things was.

I just thought his wacked-out mid-era Bowie vibe fit in well with the neon looks of the club and the movie.

Castor annoyed me, too. My first thought upon seeing Castor was I take it they couldn't get Bowie to do a cameo. I wanted to like him and there were hints that there was more to the character than just providing a venue so Daft Punk could put in an appearance. On the other hand, the whole Legacey storyline annoyed me until reading Betrayal which filled in some of the plot holes and made rewatching the movie even more enjoyable. Unfortunately, Betrayal offered Castor no such background and left him pointless and annoying to me.

There was more to Castor or rather Zuse in the video games but aside from looks, the game character didn't seem to have a whole lot in common with the movie character.

Not sure if this has already been answered, but what is that atnthe 2:19 mark?[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuS9H0bufPY"]YouTube - ‪Upcoming Tron Legacy Movie Toys & Merchandise at San Diego Comic-Con 2010‬‏[/ame]

that statue at the end reminds me of the exact same statue that was in sam flynn's room when he was a kid at the beginning of the film. If you notice he has that on his shelf when his dad is talking to him. That is a very very cool statue!!! don't know who makes it tho I would def pick it up.

Wow, never saw that statue. Is it a large version of the 2 pack that spin master shrunk down or something we will never see?

Wow, never saw that statue. Is it a large version of the 2 pack that spin master shrunk down or something we will never see?

I'm Not sure, but it looks like rinzzler and sam during the disk wars scene if you look closer! Hopefully someone who went to comic-con can tell us?

I'm Not sure, but it looks like rinzzler and sam during the disk wars scene if you look closer! Hopefully someone who went to comic-con can tell us?

Yeah looks like the 12 inch figures that are posed beautifully during the Rinzler/Sam games scene.

I've done some digging but can't seem to find anything on it. Weird? maybe it was just a statue to draw attention to the booth?

The Sam you're referring to looks exactly like the 12 inch Sam Deluxe figure that I own, though I never could find a Rinzler. The custom display stand is awesome, makes me want to hunt down the Rinzler and do a display scene similar :rock

Yeah, it's definitely the best display of the 12 inch figures I've seen, if that is them. Did they even make a 12 inch Rinzler?

anyone get in on the poster from Mondo yesterday? I couldn't believe it sold out withing a couple of hours. I'm on the waitlist, but considering its not a preorder I doubt it will come through.

i didn't realize it would be such a limited item, I wasn't in a hurry. oh well. The sucky thing is I want to get started in collecting silk screen posters mostly from bands so this would have been a cool first piece. don't really care about the limited nature of it, just thought it looked cool.

Those are definitely NOT the 12" Spin masters figures,
that's a statue for sure, never seen it before either...
Don't recall seeing it during SDCC...

Yeah, I kinda figured that. You didn't see it at SDCC though huh? Weird. Anyways it looks friggn' awesome.

Those are definitely NOT the 12" Spin masters figures,
that's a statue for sure, never seen it before either...
Don't recall seeing it during SDCC...

You're probably right, I only watched the video once :D

Or maybe I'm looking at the wrong display? It's the display with Rinzler & Sam being held up by clear rods in the acrylic case right? :monkey1

Back