Tron 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I understand that quite well, what you don't understand is that
the difference with both Spiderman and Narnia is that they aren't owned by said studios, while Tron IS a Disney property, not a licensed one like Prince of Persia...
after all they invested on it, they will find a way of making money with it in the future somehow...

You guys aren't understanding. Domestic totals not including worldwide totals or merchandising is the usual measure for sequels. Spider-Man 3 was a flop but combine it worldwide and its domestic and you have $890,871,626. That isn't including merchandising and a $256 million budget, yet it was considered a flop by Sony Columbia to the point of rebooting with a slimmer budget even though it made its money back.

They sure didn't for the Narnia series even though combine international, DVD sales and merchandising it more than made back its budget and they haven't greenlit a Prince of Persia 2 yet. Disney is notorious for cutting licenses down quickly despite overall business.

The only wild card here is that Disney planned for a franchise and put so much behind it that they might take everything into account but I wouldn't hold my breath just yet.

Yet both of those licenses are continuing 1 way or another.....hmm. In any case, I don't see the point in raining on people's parade if they want to hope for another.

Regarding your wild card, I think thats a pretty safe assumption. They invested a lot in getting the technology and designs off the ground. They'll save a lot of money there in the sequel.

Take this with a grain of salt, but I for one, really wish they go ahead!!!

https://www.aintitcool.com/node/48054

The Grapevine says, Disney is about to Green Light a TRON LEGACY sequel...
Published on: Jan 13, 2011 12:54:00 CST

Hey folks, Harry here...

And this was the happy word I received today on the Grapevine of Industry Insiders. TRON LEGACY, a film that many people loved, and a lot of people wanted more from, and that a very vocal minority incessantly _____ about... is getting close, incredibly close to having its SEQUEL announced!

As TRON LEGACY is set to cross $300 million worldwide, the film has proved, beyond a doubt that there is an audience that buys this science fiction fantasy. And as DAFT PUNK's blisteringly awesome TRON LEGACY score continues to power the geek work force of the nation to plow through mindnumbing task after task... Disney is beginning to realize, TRON could be a franchise.

As kids around the country pulled out wall crawling light trail leaving Tron LIGHT CYCLES from under their Christmas trees, Disney has been counting the receipts - and I'm told... it's about to hit the tipping point.

Now the real question is... Where does TRON go from here? There is a plan, but it is being closely guarded. There's a TV show in the works to keep the brand popping till the next Theatrical run, but it looks like us TRON geeks won't be having to sit around for 28 years hanging onto this last one, like we did the first one.

I just want glowing TRON shoes in Adult sizes. Yeah, I'm crazy that way. I have had the old Adidas TRON shoes long before TRON LEGACY was announced as happening, and my Hallmark TRON ornament desperately wants a glowy RECOGNIZER ornament next year!

So... if you've been stalling revisiting the game grid again, after watching THE GREEN HORNET this weekend, take another trip.

END OF LINE

I read the same thing from a couple of other sites. Apparently despite not being the blockbuster they were hoping for Disney has put so much into it that they are willing to give it another go. They've apparently put so much into the overlays on merchandising and at their parks they want to have another film in the works to extend the revenue on those enterprises amongst other things...

So it looks like fans will in fact get their TRON 3....

Nope... watch it again! ;)

Here's my take:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Here's my take:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Well...
Spoiler Spoiler:

Here's my take:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Well...
Spoiler Spoiler:

Ah, so there is no actual proof to the contrary; you're simply assuming. Your post made it sound like there was some kind of on-screen evidence. You know what they say about assuming things... :peace

I'm not assuming... it's obvious!!
And Prog made a great point as well...

No, it isn't obvious at all. In fact, I'd say it's left purposely vague. Don't forget:

Spoiler Spoiler:

So, until there's an official confirmation, or a line gets added into the blu-ray; you're simply assuming and/or hoping. I'm not saying I don't share the same hope, but nothing was explicitly mentioned or said in the movie to support one outcome or the other.

One of the major nitpicks of even the biggest fans of the film was not enough Tron. I think its safe to assume he'd be featured more prominately in the sequel. I think it gives them another chance to advance the digital face technology they've already invested pretty heavily in.

I would not be surprised if Jeff Bridges has only a cameo role in the sequel, so that would also be a good reason to bring Boxleitner in for a more featured part.

One of the major nitpicks of even the biggest fans of the film was not enough Tron. I think its safe to assume he'd be featured more prominately in the sequel. I think it gives them another chance to advance the digital face technology they've already invested pretty heavily in.

According to IMDB, Boxleitner's face was de-aged digitally during two flashback scenes; one as Alan, the other as Tron.

And I totally agree - not enough Tron in Tron Legacy.

Well...to play Devil's Advocate Tron: Legacy would indicate verbally the Legacy of Tron, you leave behind a Legacy after you are gone. So having him gone and have others sort of take up the reign would be someone following in a legacy....

I don't remember the Alan scene...

I do remember two scenes, one where they show Flynn, Tron, Clu walking in the newly created grid and then the one where Clu attacks Flynn and Tron protects him.

If they use Tron in the next film, I think it will be a lot easier than what it was for Clu. They won't need to do flashback scenes of Alan Bradley for 1 and they probably don't need to do so many close ups of Tron as they did of Clu.

Personally, I wish they'd based the sequel on the Tron 2.0 Killer App storyline instead. While Tron isn't the principal character, he's a big part of the storyline and we get to meet his son, Jet. Not to mention that Laura/Yori would also return as Ma3a.

Well...to play Devil's Advocate Tron: Legacy would indicate verbally the Legacy of Tron, you leave behind a Legacy after you are gone. So having him gone and have others sort of take up the reign would be someone following in a legacy....

I think the Legacy part has to do with Flynn's legacy, not Tron. Flynn's character has moved on.

I just don't see them cutting Tron out, especially after his redemption scene.

Alan Bradley is now director of the board or CEO of Encom. It only makes sense that he would be in the next film. If you've got Alan Bradley and Ed Dillinger's son, seemingly looking for revenge, then it makes sense to continue using the Tron character. Without Flynn, the hardcore fans will expect Tron. I'm going to wager that we'll even see the MCP return.

Back