Trick or Treat - WARNING: Possible spoilers ahead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Trick or Treat

I ordered one after seeing the trailer,looks like it will be better than Childs Play.

I ordered one as well. I normaly do go for horror figs but this one just looked too cool to pass up.

So did Warner Bros really push this back to October 2008?? Even though they just released a gazillion 300 DVDs pushing Trick 'R Treat as coming out soon, complete with package sticker and trailer with the October 5, 2007 release date???? :confused:

Last edited:

yep .. WB has removed it from its October 07 release for a release in 2008. Must be really, really bad for them to do this.

That's weird, because reactions were positive from the test screenings and the trailer has been getting very good buzz.

:confused::confused:

Does that also push back the release of the figure ???

They were not showing pics of the figure without the sack on it's head for spoiler purposes . . .

I think it was pushed because they didn't want to compete with the new Halloween release this year... we're not sure how it's going to affect the release of the figure at this time - stay tuned. Reaction to the trailer and screening was pretty great, so the film should be a good time. Definitely looking forward to it!

There's also a planned tie-in book from Insight Editions.

Warner Bros will screw up all kinds of stuff if they indeed push this back... especially a whole year. :google

And doesn't Halloween come out on August 31st? That's a full 6 weeks before Trick 'R Treat's previously slated release date... an eternity box-office wise. I don't understand what the studio is thinking here. Buzz? Check. Huge marketing push (inluding 10/5/07 release date) on an A-list DVD release (300)? Check. Positive Test Screenings? Check. Cool tie-in product? Check. "Oh, let's push it back a whole calendar year!". :confused:

There's also a planned tie-in book from Insight Editions.

Warner Bros will screw up all kinds of stuff if they indeed push this back... especially a whole year. :google

And doesn't Halloween come out on August 31st? That's a full 6 weeks before Trick 'R Treat's previously slated release date... an eternity box-office wise. I don't understand what the studio is thinking here. Buzz? Check. Huge marketing push (inluding 10/5/07 release date) on an A-list DVD release (300)? Check. Positive Test Screenings? Check. Cool tie-in product? Check. "Oh, let's push it back a whole calendar year!". :confused:

Yeah, that makes no sense.

Saw this trailer again last night. I am SO pissed they are delaying this (for seemingly no good reason).

:emperor

Saw this trailer again last night. I am SO pissed they are delaying this (for seemingly no good reason).

:emperor

I was actually really looking forward to having the little guy in my collection . . . I wonder when we will hear about the shipping date for it . . . I would think that they have to wait for the movie . . . right ?

trickortreat04.jpg

I have that movie on DVD.

I think its a cool flick.

hell yeah, it's damn cool!

I really hope someone picks this up. The same thing happened to House of 1000 Corpses before it got picked up and it did pretty well for Lionsgate. I would imagine someone would have to pick this up.

I got the 15 day notice too. I LOVE the look of this figure.

Got mine too . . :banana

Can't wait to have this little guy on display !!

Sometimes I just have to scratch my head. By and large, horror makes money because the films are do cheap to make. How much could Trick or Treat possibly have cost? 5-10M?? If they release it a couple months before Halloween (and the inevitable SAW sequal) it would probably recoup its budget in the first week. Even if it tanks, movies like these have a very strong shelf life on DVD. There has not been a cood compilation-horror movie since Creepshow.

Back