Triad Toys Updates

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Legend's have it arriving 23rd July. Wait til the 22nd of July for this to change yet again:dunno

That's going to be hard, considering if they're just going to final
packaging now, I don't think we'll see them until mid to late August.
It's been an average of 6 weeks from factory to vender.

Photobucket keeps removing the pictures because they're naked...=]

I noticed there are no preorders or updates of any kind for Fuu, the Lone Wolf and Cub set, Dexter or House since Toy Fair.

The Triad fail train continues on its way.

I noticed there are no preorders or updates of any kind for Fuu, the Lone Wolf and Cub set, Dexter or House since Toy Fair.

The Triad fail train continues on its way.

Well the train is stopping at comicon, maybe something
will show up there for you or not. I'm sure if it did, it
wouldn't be good enough for you anyways. :lol:lol:lol:rotfl:lol:lol:lol

I knew OSW had a Triad Hate squad, but SSF as well....:dunno

I guess generalizations and/or poor showings of a few items should be enough to put a company down like old yeller...:lol:lol:lol:lol

I, in no way think Triad is the best ever or defend some of the errors they've made,
but they have put out a multitude of nice figures,
clothing and accessories for many years, including this year.
Something people are not aware of before making blanket statements about a whole company.
In the ADD world we live in, thats just the way..slug bug...oh look
a bike...hey can we stop at Micky d's....la la, la la la la la....:panic:

Sorry, what was I saying...:exactly:

I knew OSW had a Triad Hate squad, but SSF as well....:dunno

I'm not too familiar with their products overall, so yes, I'm ignorant. I just know that the moment I saw the teasers of the Eva figure, I wanted it and preordered from one of the few sites that seems to still offer preorders. Only after doing a bit of reading around did I find out more of the sorry saga surrounding this figure, and honestly, I think it's understandable that people are feeling cheated.

I don't want to diss triad in general when the only experience I've had with them has been this figure.

*disclaimer - I got howled out of the official Triad forum for trying to argue one member's point on 'if you don't like Triad then spend your money someplace else". They are a very touchy bunch over there, and I don't think this kind of exclusivity reflects well on the company. SSF might be called 'sideshow', but it appears that more general and robust discussion is welcomed here. In turn, newbies like me feel better about the hobby we've embraced.

I might be wrong, but the Triad forum is run by Triad.
The freaks boards are not an official Sideshow board, so you have a much more open discussion here.

The freaks boards are not an official Sideshow board, so you have a much more open discussion here.

Sorry to run a tangent to this thread, but just an observation:

yes you're right, the Triad forum is run by Triad... so why would they be ok with accommodating people who no doubt drive business away and give them a bad name? I canceled some pre-orders on the back of the treatment I got there, simply because it wasn't just 'some guy's opinion' about what I wrote, but a Triad-sanctioned mod.

I'm a bit of a hypocrite though because I do still have a single EVA on pre-order. My principles are half-baked :(

Anyway, I'm close to canceling this one too because of what I've seen of the latest pics. The joints look bad, the paint looks bad and the plastic looks bad. I hope they release a new round of pics so we poor Eva/Evo schmucks can make an informed decision.

IKE-CON all your dismissive

Q: Will the EVO & EVA bodies be released by the end of Jan for sure?

A: We are trying our best to get everything right and I do hope to get them at least done and out by end of January max.

Babble about 'haters' all you wish, but Triad's poor reputation is of its own making. It is the end of July and where are the EVO/EVA figures? Fail.

what the hell is a fail train? :lol

It was a reference to Fail Blog.

The failure to move ahead with any licenced property since Toy Fair is a multi-fail wreck.

True, but the mods are not Triad employees or affiliated. CBGorby for instance is a great guy. The truth is most members are also members of MWD and very much in love with female figs. Now there used to be a time when the choice in female figs was very limited and Triad and Louie provided excellent sets. That's why the Triad fanbase is pretty solid and forgives a lot of their mistakes.
On the other hand, Triad ran into trouble when they decided to make complete figs. When they produced sts, they did it very fast. I think they are essentially fans turned sellers and they are still a limited and learning company. And I think they're learning the hard way, that's all...

Whatever, I'll still like them, even with the delays because, all in all, they produce very decent figures for a fraction of the price HT does, so, if only for that, they deserve all my respect!

Here's some pictures from their site as they were setting up for comicon. So I guess they're still in business...:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

EVO & EVA figures.
EVOEVAfinalcomicon.jpg

Wow, didn't expect to see John Carter of Mars figure & Goro statue

JohnCarterofMarsc.jpg

John looks pretty good on the EVO body..:)

JohnCarterofMarsGoron.jpg

I'm not sure if thats what they look like. Have not really followed
that story or seen much artwork. But John looks pretty good. Like that
metal sword, boots, leather work and all armor accents. Looks like
a lot of real metal on this figure(buckles, armor & boot accents).

fuu please...............................:tap

They might be holding back on some. I hear they do
have some boxed figures that were not suppose to released yet.
Maybe they will also have some Fuu updates.
Either way, I'm sure they're will be more pictures posted as Comicon
goes on.

True, but the mods are not Triad employees or affiliated. CBGorby for instance is a great guy. The truth is most members are also members of MWD and very much in love with female figs. Now there used to be a time when the choice in female figs was very limited and Triad and Louie provided excellent sets. That's why the Triad fanbase is pretty solid and forgives a lot of their mistakes.
On the other hand, Triad ran into trouble when they decided to make complete figs. When they produced sts, they did it very fast. I think they are essentially fans turned sellers and they are still a limited and learning company. And I think they're learning the hard way, that's all...

Whatever, I'll still like them, even with the delays because, all in all, they produce very decent figures for a fraction of the price HT does, so, if only for that, they deserve all my respect!

Agreed. I think when they started taking on licensed products it
became a new world for them. Seeing how much control was taken
out of their hands and how they couldn't control the delay with
all the back and forth and waiting on the forth, over and over
before they could move forward..:)

That has to be one hell of a wake up call.
Even Louie said he didn't understand how complex
the whole process was, until he had actually gone through it a few times.
But, I give them credit for not shying away. I think it will balance
out for them, sooner than later.

i still wonder if you work for them. :lol does anyone own any of the alpha female figures? how is the height in comparison with the HT females? will the eva be the same height?

\ And I think they're learning the hard way, that's all...

Except have they learned anything? How many years did it take to get the Samurai Champloo figures?

And now six months go by with no movement on House, Dexter, Lone and Cub or Samurai Champloo? That is not a sign of progress.

i still wonder if you work for them. :lol does anyone own any of the alpha female figures? how is the height in comparison with the HT females? will the eva be the same height?

Nah, I have my own little figure company..I guess that's why
I relate.

I got my case of Headless Alpha's 4 days ago, I just measured one,
it's almost 10 1/2 inches from toes to the top of the neck peg.
So figure with a head, close to 11 inches is my guess.
Don't know if that helps, but there you go.
I don't have a HT female body to compare it to right now.

My thoughts on the EVA; it will be the same.

Last edited:
Back