Triad Toys Updates

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Triad really needs to get its act together. The time it has taken them to get the EVO/EVA line out is a simply pathetic.

They have had Lone Wolf and Cub announced since what February and no protypes or pics almost a year later?

At this rate we will see House or Dexter prototypes in what 2013?

This is from another post, maybe it will explain things and that
its not all in Triads control.

It's interesting to get Triad's view about the process of getting
these to market. Basically the long waits have nothing
to really do with their end. They make the proto-type, they wait months for the people behind the license to approve it.
Then months after they get it back with requested changes. Then make the changes,
then wait another few months, get it back again with more change requests, it goes back and forth until both parties can finally
agree and then final approval is given for factory run. Then demo factory run is checked, any issues or dislikes about factory run,
then have to be corrected, checked again and final approval is given once again for real factory run.

The entire process can take an average of 18 months, just to get a licensed figure made. A gruling process no doubt.

And yes, Triad did post Fuu is being made, but the process started over again with Fuu.
So don't expect it until this time next year or beyond and remember, for the most part Triad's hands are tied.

So there it is. We all hate the waiting, but sometimes, we can't
control it and sometimes, a little knowledge is a good thing.....D

Maybe ask Triad the questions about what your concerns were with the other figures (lone wolf & cub)
you've been waiting on and about not being able to see pictures of the proto-types. That what the link is for
in the start of this thread.

How many 1/6 companies let you ask the owners direct questions?
My guess is almost none.

You obviously feel strongly about it, so why not ask them?

Maybe you'll get the answers you're looking for.

Last edited:
Your right Ike, and I respect Triad. I admire Louie for his courage in making one of his hobby become a company...

...still...

I think their main problem is a communication problem. Why are they so late when companies like Sideshow or HT do it so fast? Just because they're smaller? It probably is a factor, but my guess is they shouldn't announce a product so long before they are able to market it. They should wait until the thing is just a few months ahead.
The way they do it plays against them.
Take Dexter. I'm so totally thrilled they got the licence, as many of us are. Now, the product will probably be released somewhere in 2011 if we're lucky. The result? the enthusiasm will have dwindled by then and people will be grumpy at them.
So they really should work on that! They have great products ( their Steve McQueen is just awesome!) but they still have a lot of work to do on how to communicate.

Whatever, I'll keep supporting them, they're are worth the extra patience! :D

that's a good point 16k. i wonder if there is some formal formula for these things. if i remember correctly they preordered and shipped the josh randall figure really fast. i remember ordering it like 2 months or so before he shipped. taki too.

i think the same goes for some of the enterbay figures i'm still waiting on. like where's that awesome jackie chan figure? dragonball and prison break too! i want them damn it

Your right Ike, and I respect Triad. I admire Louie for his courage in making one of his hobby become a company...

...still...

I think their main problem is a communication problem. Why are they so late when companies like Sideshow or HT do it so fast? Just because they're smaller? It probably is a factor, but my guess is they shouldn't announce a product so long before they are able to market it. They should wait until the thing is just a few months ahead.
The way they do it plays against them.
Take Dexter. I'm so totally thrilled they got the licence, as many of us are. Now, the product will probably be released somewhere in 2011 if we're lucky. The result? the enthusiasm will have dwindled by then and people will be grumpy at them.
So they really should work on that! They have great products ( their Steve McQueen is just awesome!) but they still have a lot of work to do on how to communicate.

Whatever, I'll keep supporting them, they're are worth the extra patience! :D

I'm pretty sure I remember reading on the Triad Fourms that they have changed the pre-order system, so now stuff only goes up for order when they are close to release.

All of these comments overlook Triad taking over two years to get a basic body (no licence involved) to market, which assumes their "end of January max" isn't just another broken promise.

I do not mind waiting but I detest being mislead repeatedly.

All of these comments overlook Triad taking over two years to get a basic body (no licence involved) to market, which assumes their "end of January max" isn't just another broken promise.

And it disregards OTHER companies doing the same ish (Making licensed figures) and not taking anywhere near the same amount of time. BS.

I'm not a huge Triad supporter or anything, I like some of their product and there is some stuff I'd have bought had it been released when they claimed it would be. However the whole issue with the bodies came down to them having the original designs stolen so they had to make changes and prevent it from happening again, and recently I believe it was mentioned that had received the first shipment of production sample bodies but they were not satisfied with some aspect, I forget what it was exactly joints or something if I recall. So at this point they've already made the wait long for them they may as well not have any problems with them when they come out.

And as far as the licensed products go and taking way longer then other companies, heck make that just about any boxed figure. Thier own licenced figures have taken longer then most anyone else to show up as well. I think it comes down to un-realistic expectations or just plain stupdity on how they decided to set up the ordering system. I would wager that most of the time other companies show us licensed items they have cleared most of the approval process and are about ready to enter into production hence why it doesn't take on average a year or more for figures to show up. As to where Triad's stuff was in the approval or production stages when they chose to list them for pre-order and give a date for them to be released I do not know. But it seems they have learned their lesson and are only offering things for order when they are close to being ready. Have they made mistakes? Sure, but as long as they have learned from them and take steps to improve themselves from them then really no harm done.

But it seems they have learned their lesson and are only offering things for order when they are close to being ready. Have they made mistakes? Sure, but as long as they have learned from them and take steps to improve themselves from them then really no harm done.

That's possible...

I've read somewhere in a thread here that they had already shown a prototype of Dexter at a show (though I haven't seen any pictures...), so it might mean they are well advanced into their production stage! I surely hope so!

And it disregards OTHER companies doing the same ish (Making licensed figures) and not taking anywhere near the same amount of time. BS.

True, but I also wonder if other companies are more reserved before making an announcement. Typically, HT or Sideshow have something to show within 6 months of announcing they have a license. Possibly they've been working on prototypes for months beforehand...we just don't know. Triad might be announcing them while the ink on the contract is still wet, for all we know :)

I'm not saying this is the case for any of these companies...just a thought I had when I read this.

Q: Will the EVO & EVA bodies be released by the end of Jan for sure?

A: We are trying our best to get everything right and I do hope to get them at least done and out by end of January max.

Well, it is the end of January and Triad appears to have failed everyone once again.

I really do not like House and Dexter being in the hands of this company. I foresee an Amok Time-Battlestar Galactica type situation.

Yep, not looking good. Glad I bashed my own House instead of waiting for theirs, I'll be surprised if any House or Dexter comes out before 2011.

<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/1JKeFOagByc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/1JKeFOagByc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>

Just seems too little, too late. I know the boat has sailed on my interest in these bodies. Also, WHAT is with the weird squared off lines of the male upper chest? Too much talk about supersonic welding too. That's pretty standard.

Hey, everyone is allowed to have an opionion.
But Holy crap! I just saw this on the Triad forum.
Those are some killer chest plates. Now I'm even more stoked for
my Van Zan figure release using the EVO bodies.

Maybe I'll make some more Quinns too.

:woohoo

EVO2.jpg

EVO1.jpg

These chest plates & arms look awesome and will work very
well for our Van Zan & Quinn figures and take the tatts nicely.
The EVO will really showcase Van Zan if you want him shirtless...:yess:

I don't care if I have to wait until late June to get these
and that it took years. The EVO & EVA with all the
extra arms, chest plates & hands will work perfect for what
I need them for and I think, in the end, they will surpass
many of our expectations.

It's still only in pre-production stage? How much longer until these are released? It's taken forever now. I'll get a few of these I suppose. At least one Evo body for my ninja assassin custom.

Back