Triad Toys Doing Zorro Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My interest will depend on how these figures turn out. You could go a few different ways with the character's appearance, personally I hope Zorro looks more like Banderas' depiction with a bit of more detail then just plain black clothing.

Tyrone Powers
Antonio Banderas
Guy Williams

In that order. I would take any of them but Powers would really :rock

Nope, Zorro has to have a cape. Without a cape, he's not Zorro. I love the old flick but that was always a problem for me.

I agree that Zorro needs a cape but I definitely would want to see a plain outfit as opposed to the Antonio Banderas outfit. Guy Williams would be my first choice but that would probably involve licensing from Disney. Generic Zorro would be fine with me as long as he has a mustache.
Alan

I would prefer this :D

3968796210_60c8c4fcc2_o.jpg

Last edited:
How about a George Hamilton "Gay Blade" Zorro? :lol
That's not funny Ween.

It'd be great if it did look like Guy Williams. I like the pencil thin moustache. Even if it's generic, I'll probably buy it as long as it comes with the stache. A generic Zorro has more options, as to how extravagantly they handle the costume. Ideally it will come with both his Zorro costume and that of his secret identity of Don Diego de la Vega. How about an extra head? They'd sell an extra body in the bargain wouldn't they?

I bought an extra John Robinson from Lost in Space in the hopes of one day doing a custom Zorro. If the outfit turns out good I'll have to look into it.

I'm anxious to see what Triad's Zorro will look like! Since I'm a big fan of Douglas Fairbanks, Sr. and his film "The Mark of Zorro", I'm at least hoping that Triad's figure will have parts I can use for a custom Fairbanks Zorro figure. That would help enormously! I stopped working on one once I realized the head was a tad smaller than I would have liked.

I would prefer that Triad actually release some products before announcing new licenses. I love their stuff, but they've announced a lot of stuff in the last year and released very little.

The Samurai Champloo figures are almost a year late! Come on guys, I'm rootin' for you, but I'd REALLY like to see some product in hand.

I would prefer that Triad actually release some products before announcing new licenses. I love their stuff, but they've announced a lot of stuff in the last year and released very little.

The Samurai Champloo figures are almost a year late! Come on guys, I'm rootin' for you, but I'd REALLY like to see some product in hand.
--

Rex:

Did you get their latest newsletter?

The plain black outfit could be customized by just about anyone. I want the silver filligree and fancy embroidery - that's what will set off a Zorro costume.

And I'd forgotten about Fairbanks, Sr. - that was also a great film - I'd go for that version - but again - no cape. :(

--

Rex:

Did you get their latest newsletter?

I did. There still aren't any solid release dates for anything, but the Eva/Evo bodies. I've got nothing against Triad and own quite a bit of their stuff. I'm really excited about what they have coming up.

However, they've got 10 licenses on their website and only 2 figures available out of those licenses. I would just rather they wait until things get firmed up before announcing or listing items for pre-order.

I wish them the best of luck and am super psyched for the Lone Wolf and Cub figs! I'm sure Zorro won't be too shabby either:)

they did mention that licenses take a long time to get approvals and work up. isn't it normal that they announce the license acquisition and then preorder the figure some time later? that's my understanding. it's like the enterbay storm riders and dragon ball evolution figures. announcement was made a long time ago but we still haven't seen anything other than some sculpts and no firm preorder or pricing yet

And I'd forgotten about Fairbanks, Sr. - that was also a great film - I'd go for that version - but again - no cape. :(

Ah, but he does have a cape (and gaucho)! At the very beginning of the film. Problem solved! :)

I wish you all didn't remind me of the cape and gaucho. :p I was content with my Fairbanks Zorro custom just appearing like Fairbanks did during his cat-and-mouse-but-who's-really-the-mouse scene attire as can be seen here (pretty much everything but the cape and hat):

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/yaBud6ii5Wk&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/yaBud6ii5Wk&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

It's been ages since I've seen the TV show. I don't want to watch it anytime soon for fear I'll want TWO Zorro figures!

I love watching the stunt work in those old silents. No wires, airbags or quick edits, they just did it right there in camera.

Many thanks for the compliments to my Zorro figure from the first page.

Regards
Chris

Back