Trevor Grove's Firefly Sculpts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Trevor's Firefly Sculpts

Hey, what's up? Three days without a posting? Someone out there's doing something. Anzik, I would love to see a photo of the Inara pants you made. What material did you use? I'm waiting, seems as if I'm always waiting for something, for the doll clothes maker to get back to me with what she's been able to do with the requests I've made. Promise, I'll post photos as soon as I have something to take a photo of.

Old Grandpa

Some pics will be up tonight OG.

power-drill-1.jpg

Seriously, start with a drill, using a very small bit, and gradually increase the size of the bit. At the end you'll need to switch to a dremel, because bits the size of the final hole you need will jerk the head out of your hand and hurl it across the room. If you don't have these tools, find a friend who does and bring him the adapter as well as the head. Don't expect a perfect fit; you may need superglue and two-part epoxy putty (Aves or Magic Sculpt) to finish.

Good luck!

How does one purchase just the Mal head and can we still get it? because I see a Rick Castle custom in there waiting to be made.

Seriously, start with a drill, using a very small bit, and gradually increase the size of the bit. At the end you'll need to switch to a dremel, because bits the size of the final hole you need will jerk the head out of your hand and hurl it across the room. If you don't have these tools, find a friend who does and bring him the adapter as well as the head. Don't expect a perfect fit; you may need superglue and two-part epoxy putty (Aves or Magic Sculpt) to finish.

Good luck!

OK, I was just worried about how the sculpt might crack or something with drills

Got back from San Diego and started working on them again. I got boots for Zoe in the mail and a body for kaylee. no picture worthy updates yet.

How does one purchase just the Mal head and can we still get it? because I see a Rick Castle custom in there waiting to be made.

Love to see a Rick Castle figure. Love that show. Especially the Halloween episode when Castle dressed up as a "Space Cowboy".

Old Grandpa

Sooo, I have been having a terrible time finding a black buck body for Zoe. I realize that scale is an issue there since she's way taller than everyone else, but I can't seem to afford anything bigger right now, for Jayne either. Therefore, this whole time she has been just a head and clothes. I decided I hate my ssc 12" Lara (I already have the PF) and I would use it for Zoe for now, just so she can be a head on something. Lara has 3 sets of gloved hands, so I will use one of those for Zoe (painting the fingers to match her skin tone) and also, the pants for Lara work for now just fine. Better than me trying to spend more money right now. Just bought a king bed, mem foam mattress, new sheets, 4 new feather pillows, new side tables to match. So kill me before I continue! Anyways, Lara's figure also had a big gun that I gave to Jayne for now and she had her normal leg holsters that I kept for Zoe. I'll be painting lara's guns, possibly, all black so they don't stand out as much. They can stay with Zoe. And for now, have kept the boots on Zoe until I can find something more decent. Then I will paint those all black and give them to river.

It's not perfect, but it's a start. I will get photos up as soon as Anzik sends me new clothes for Jayne.
:D

Sooo, I have been having a terrible time finding a black buck body for Zoe. I realize that scale is an issue there since she's way taller than everyone else, but I can't seem to afford anything bigger right now, for Jayne either. Therefore, this whole time she has been just a head and clothes. I decided I hate my ssc 12" Lara (I already have the PF) and I would use it for Zoe for now, just so she can be a head on something. Lara has 3 sets of gloved hands, so I will use one of those for Zoe (painting the fingers to match her skin tone) and also, the pants for Lara work for now just fine. Better than me trying to spend more money right now. Just bought a king bed, mem foam mattress, new sheets, 4 new feather pillows, new side tables to match. So kill me before I continue! Anyways, Lara's figure also had a big gun that I gave to Jayne for now and she had her normal leg holsters that I kept for Zoe. I'll be painting lara's guns, possibly, all black so they don't stand out as much. They can stay with Zoe. And for now, have kept the boots on Zoe until I can find something more decent. Then I will paint those all black and give them to river.

It's not perfect, but it's a start. I will get photos up as soon as Anzik sends me new clothes for Jayne.
:D

good choice on the boots for River. Wish I bought those when i had the chance. I have a black female Buck that I think I will not be using. its just too Twiggy for my taste on Zoe. I am thinking of getting the triad for her since the triad is a bit thicker in the waist.

Honestly would love to see him in his classic "Writer" bullet proof vest, and possibly his "I really am ruggedly handsom" clothing lol!

It's all about the writer vest if it's castle.

Anzik- what shirt are you using for kaylee? I looked through the thread to see if you said but I didn't see anything.

It's all about the writer vest if it's castle.

Anzik- what shirt are you using for kaylee? I looked through the thread to see if you said but I didn't see anything.

Hey Cadaver, I'm very sure Anzik made the shirt he's using for Kaylee. I think he made 2, 1 for BG and 1 for himself. I love the pattern of the material he used. Looks very screen accurate.

If the Castle bashes get done, are you guys going to post the pics in this thread or the General thread?

Old Grandpa

Last edited:

That would make sense that anzik made it. Clearly I was thinking at that time. durp.

any chance you have any of the fabric left Anzik?

I did make the shirt guys. I probably still have some left but if you have a Joann fabric near you check them out. I used these little fabric quarters with all kinds of small prints and stuff.

if you guys want, I'll see if mine still has some in stock and pick them up

good choice on the boots for River. Wish I bought those when i had the chance. I have a black female Buck that I think I will not be using. its just too Twiggy for my taste on Zoe. I am thinking of getting the triad for her since the triad is a bit thicker in the waist.

Prog, if you want to send her my way, shoot me a pm, we'll talk. :)

I did make the shirt guys. I probably still have some left but if you have a Joann fabric near you check them out. I used these little fabric quarters with all kinds of small prints and stuff.

Thanks for the info Anzik. I'll check out my Joann's Fabric.

Old Grandpa

Back