Trevor Grove's Firefly Sculpts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Trevor's Firefly Sculpts

Is anyone familiar with Triad Alpha female bodies? Are they tall or short compared to truetypes and female bucks, somewhere in between? I plan on using the female buck for Zoe but need shorter figs for River and Kaylee, but don't really want to use the Truetype for either of them. Thoughts?

I really like how Zoe and Kaylee look with the HT TT bodies. Zoe's taller than Kaylee and the other females in the crew, and the female Cuban American body is taller than the Caucasian and is a good match to Zoe's skin color. The only problem I see with the HT TT body is the waist size. I wish it was smaller for Inera. I've got a box full of nude bodies and they are all inferior to HT TT. I built a River using a SS female Buck and it is really bad. The arms and legs are to thick, even masculine.

Old Grandpa

I think you might want to go with another body for Inara. Morena Baccarin is a fairly petite woman, so it looks weird to have a body that is so Busty.
The body under that gown is a HT TT Caucasian and is one of the least busty bodies I could find. The female Buck body is worse. Got any ideas for the body.
If I can give my point of view, I quite agree with Shadow. I think body from the Goemon Cha Cha figure (or, perhaps, the Sarah Connor figure) would be more accurate.

It's just my opinion. Not the absolute truth. :wink1:

If I can give my point of view, I quite agree with Shadow. I think body from the Goemon Cha Cha figure (or, perhaps, the Sarah Connor figure) would be more accurate.

It's just my opinion. Not the absolute truth. :wink1:

Hi Fab, always glad to have additional views. Your "point of view" is always welcome. I'm not positive, but I think HT used the TT Caucasian bodyfor Sarah Connor. As for ChaCha Asai, I'll have to look into it. I bought a 1/6th Obitsu body and it was really to small, even for River. I do like the quality of the HT bodies. She is definitely a work in progress, and I welcome all suggestions.

Old Grandpa

Old Grandpa

Well for my 2 cent, I think the issue most people will have with Inara is that she has ornate costumes which will mean layers of fabric and when that is added to the realistic waist of the TT it will look thick so I'm going to give her a 2 piece thing where I can take advantage of the rubber midriff.

I don't think she has an iconic outfit so anything is possible.

well, the dude that will be painting my heads emailed me pics of his Triad bodies. They would work great for Zoe, but they are way too big to use on Kaylee or River. I guess its back to the true type or keep looking.

What are good female shoes for HT figures that would work on Inara?

I looked and could find no flats that would work for Inara. I did find a pair of high heel shoes from HT ChaCha Asai that look like something Inara might wear.

Old Grandpa

Old Joe Infirmary used to have a line of female feet in various footwear, but the site hasn't been taking new orders for awhile. But if they ever come back online they might have something useful.

Hey guys today I started to watch my brothers firefly dvds for the first time. He said it was awesome and I have to agree.
Im thinking about putting a mal custom together. How would I go about doing that? Whats the recipe that most of you used? Are Trevs sculpts still available? Thanks

Hey guys today I started to watch my brothers firefly dvds for the first time. He said it was awesome and I have to agree.
Im thinking about putting a mal custom together. How would I go about doing that? Whats the recipe that most of you used? Are Trevs sculpts still available? Thanks

I've posted my recipe a couple of times. Check back thru this thread and you'll find all info and ideas you could ever ask for. As for Trevs sculpts, I couldn't tell you, but I'd be surprised if they weren't. I'd move fast if I were you, as Mal's coat from SMcG has just been re-released and it will sell out fast.

Old Grandpa

It'll be mine in a minute

Better hurry, I'm actually starting to entertain ideas of putting a Mal together. I didn't realize there was a store that sold all the clothes. I though you guys were just searching out each piece on ebay!

Well if you want to jump on it its fine by me. I sent a pm to trev about the sculpt. I wanna make sure i can purchase one before I buy the jacket

AVAILABLE IN BRICK RED, BROWN AND NAVY

BRICK RED IS SOLD OUT

It's gotta be the red one. Haven't watched the series in a while, but does he ware blue or brown shirts?

Back