Trevor Grove's Firefly Sculpts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Trevor's Firefly Sculpts

Wow Cadaver, that figure is awesome. Well done my friend, well done. You've really captured the movie feel of Capt. Mal. You've tackled a very difficult task and done it very very well. Keep up the great work.

Old Grandpa

Nice work mooncat! If you need any help or ideas for the jacket, I have made like 10 now.

As for my custom, I have just finished making suspenders for Mal and finished putting together the rifle that he uses in serenity. all I need is a scope and to paint it up! I may make 1 more jacket...

I only intend to make 1 jacket so I wanted it right so ended up buying 2 or 3 selections of cloth at first of the bay but they werent exact and started the jacket (those sleeves top right are a different colour to the ones in the middle) I ended up finding a source that did a selection of faux suede and so paid for some more swatches.

Wont be selling any jackets but will post my sewing patterns. Plus if anyone wants the material I bought 1 metre of it so I doubt ill use it all, so if mine looks anygood, after im finished anyone can buy that from me ! Shoot me a pm if interested

I just noticed your cuff mock up in the corner there, is that the length your gonna make it? the duster is actually pretty baggy and goes about have way down the hand. Also, the cuff is folded up, its hard to tell if yours is doing that.

looks like your off to a good start and I really like the fabric you are using!

Ive made the cuffs a bit deeper and will be placing some wire in to aid in posing

Also re-tailored the Japanese officer boots and swapped out string from gregs holster rig, gotta make some type of shoulder padding under the shirt yet as the truetype Im using isnt the right shape.

Im also gonna weather him a bit sandy and price dependant a custom decal stand from Evilface

Then he's done

It's great to see another interpretation of Mal. I would have LOVED to have made my Mal to look like he did in Serenity. Well done. :clap:clap:clap

At the end of the day, the Firefly Mal was easier to make. :exactly::exactly::exactly:

I only intend to make 1 jacket so I wanted it right so ended up buying 2 or 3 selections of cloth at first of the bay but they werent exact and started the jacket (those sleeves top right are a different colour to the ones in the middle) I ended up finding a source that did a selection of faux suede and so paid for some more swatches.

Wont be selling any jackets but will post my sewing patterns. Plus if anyone wants the material I bought 1 metre of it so I doubt ill use it all, so if mine looks anygood, after im finished anyone can buy that from me ! Shoot me a pm if interested

Ive made the cuffs a bit deeper and will be placing some wire in to aid in posing

Also re-tailored the Japanese officer boots and swapped out string from gregs holster rig, gotta make some type of shoulder padding under the shirt yet as the truetype Im using isnt the right shape.

Im also gonna weather him a bit sandy and price dependant a custom decal stand from Evilface

Then he's done

I see you have it under control! Can't wait to see it!

Thank you to everyone else! He was a lot of work but I am happy I did it. The only problem I am having now it that I kind of like him better without his duster on. :gah: all that work on a duster not to even display him in it... oh well.

I see you have it under control! Can't wait to see it!

Thank you to everyone else! He was a lot of work but I am happy I did it. The only problem I am having now it that I kind of like him better without his duster on. :gah: all that work on a duster not to even display him in it... oh well.

I agree... I like your Mal without the duster as well. :exactly::exactly::exactly:

So I finally got around to ordering my first Firefly sculpt from Trevor. Got Mal today and I must say it's amazing. Best sculpt I own. Period. I also ordered the Coat and shirt from Chad and the belt/holster from Stevetoys.

Does anyone know where I can get the boots? I looked at toyschestandcollectibles but couldn't find the right ones. Thanks.

So I finally got around to ordering my first Firefly sculpt from Trevor. Got Mal today and I must say it's amazing. Best sculpt I own. Period. I also ordered the Coat and shirt from Chad and the belt/holster from Stevetoys.

Does anyone know where I can get the boots? I looked at toyschestandcollectibles but couldn't find the right ones. Thanks.

they are listed in the newline section but under "allies" instead of axis.

I haven't had a chance to get there yet but as soon as CV is done I'll make a run.

Does anyone know where I can get the pants and suspenders for Mal? Chad has run out of them so I'm trying to figure out where else I could get them. I'm so close to having a complete Mal figure, just need these two final items. Thank you.:duff

Back