Trevor Grove's Firefly Sculpts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Trevor's Firefly Sculpts

To BuffyGirl, anyone else looking for "budget" body for Jayne: I recommend the Soldiers of the World bodies, from a few years back, you can still get them on ebay cheap. They run big, and for quite a few years have been my budget solution for oversized heads, or when I need a bigger body. Be sure to get one of the later versions with more articulation. Michael Crawford did a review of these many years back, which is how I learned about the difference -- I'd look that up to make sure you're getting the right body. (I'm going to be lazy and make you do the research instead of digging up the links myself, sorry!)

My Jayne is on a SOTW body and looks proportionately bigger than Mal. And I didn't have to spend a minor fortune -- just went down to the basement. (Bought a stack of them at Wally World a few years ago when they were on the way out.)

sorry OG haven't had a chance to shoot them yet. I was trying one more time to do a top. I can take a shot of the figure w pants and the arm band thing tonight.

sorry OG haven't had a chance to shoot them yet. I was trying one more time to do a top. I can take a shot of the figure w pants and the arm band thing tonight.

A topless female figure. I am sure there are people here who would enjoy that...Daikken.
:D :hi5:

001-4.jpg

These are really really great man.
I'd happily buy buy some of these if they ever got made.
Mal and Jane in particular.

Are you sending these out to manufactures and licensees at all?

I like what you've done so far. Think it needs some glitter and glam though. Not quite flashy enough.

Old Grandpa

Oh he's gonna flash her up. ;) He was trying to get you a quickie I believe.

Great job Anzik, you always make something fabulous!!

Ventured back this way as I was wondering if a River Tam Sculpt was likely ? would like to mod it to a battle damaged terminator ? and with a sculptor like Trevor working his magic Im living in hope

My Mal Reynolds development in betwixt time

4863748581_6a55f9ced8_o.jpg

Last edited:

Ventured back this way as I was wondering if a River Tam Sculpt was likely ? would like to mod it to a battle damaged terminator ? and with a sculptor like Trevor working his magic Im living in hope

Yes. The last I heard from Trev, he is planning on doing all 9 crew people. I believe the next down the pike will be Wash, some time towards the end of summer, followed by Inara.

Old Grandpa

Excellant work on your Mal coat Mooncat! :hi5:

All the custom work showcased here encourages me to want to take a stab at it. Would love to do Kaylee's blue mandarin jacket from the pilot.

Nice work Mooncat! Looks like Mal is shaping up nicely :hi5:

Nice work mooncat! If you need any help or ideas for the jacket, I have made like 10 now.

As for my custom, I have just finished making suspenders for Mal and finished putting together the rifle that he uses in serenity. all I need is a scope and to paint it up! I may make 1 more jacket...

Wow dude! 10 jackets already! I cannot wait to see the finished Serenity Mal! You rock!

I think its 10 by now. I will make one then watch an episode of the show or movie or see a picture online and realize what I did wrong and remake them.

the only part I am having trouble with are the patches mal has on his jacket and pants in the movie. anyone have a good idea on how to make those?

I just noticed your cuff mock up in the corner there, is that the length your gonna make it? the duster is actually pretty baggy and goes about have way down the hand. Also, the cuff is folded up, its hard to tell if yours is doing that.

looks like your off to a good start and I really like the fabric you are using!

What about iron on patches?

I have nylon iron on patches but the problem is that his patches look raised and have a pattern on them. I think I may try to make the pattern out of wire then but it underneath the patch and see how that works.

Back