Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you find it at Wal-Mart for the 13.00 price? And did the coupon cut down even further?

I bought the Blu-Ray at 16.99 marked down from $19.99. I haven't seen it anywhere for $13.00. That's nuts! :google I think the DVD may have been $13.99, but I don't really remember.

There is a $5 rebate through Perdue Chicken, I don't have a link handy right now though.

It looks to me like the only difference between the Walmart copy and the BB copy is the cover is different. Am I wrong?

i picked up my copy at walmart cuz i thought the best buy mini bust was kinda sucky, but thats just me. imax over mini bust.

I bought the Blu-Ray at 16.99 marked down from $19.99. I haven't seen it anywhere for $13.00. That's nuts! :google I think the DVD may have been $13.99, but I don't really remember.

There is a $5 rebate through Perdue Chicken, I don't have a link handy right now though.

I got mine (b/d) at Wal-Mart for 13.00.

I just finished watching this movie. I found it to be exactly what I expected and hoped for. A very good fantasy-type action flick. Lots of explosions, lots of dumb one-liners. And some gratuitous comedy thrown in.

I liked it. And I am glad I bought the movie. I am going to check it out again as soon as I can get the time. And I think I'll buy the digital version as well so that I can watch it on my laptop when I am working away from home.

I didn't have the time nor the inclination to sit down and watch the whole thing, but I picked up the IMAX Blu-ray and checked out a few scenes. It looks and sounds amazing and this is probably the disc I'll grab to show off my surround sound for the foreseeable future. It's just a shame the plot and dialogue don't live up to the sound and picture quality.

Just got finished watching the Walmart exclusive. I must say, the Devestator IMAX scenes are breath taking. When we get to a point where whole BR movies are released completley in IMAX format, it will be sick. IS that possible on a BR disc?

BR has more than enough storage space to handle an entire IMAX movie...the problem is that it is too cost prohibitive to film an entire movie in IMAX. Those IMAX cameras are too huge and expensive. Maybe one day in the future, but not any time soon.

So I finally got around to watching it. I was a little apprehensive because of all the hate, but I enjoyed this movie way better than the original Transformers movie. The fight between Optimus and the gang of decpeticons was worth the price of the "big screen" blu- ray alone!

My main complaint about the first movie was that the robots don't really show up until halfway through the movie. Revenge of the Fallen was just epic fight after epic fight. My only complaint is that I would have liked to see more interaction with Megatron and Starscream (and the rest of the decepticons, for that matter).

Big fighting robots, explosions, and military showcase. That's all I asked for, and that's what I got. :peace

So I finally got around to watching it. I was a little apprehensive because of all the hate, but I enjoyed this movie way better than the original Transformers movie. The fight between Optimus and the gang of decpeticons was worth the price of the "big screen" blu- ray alone!

My main complaint about the first movie was that the robots don't really show up until halfway through the movie. Revenge of the Fallen was just epic fight after epic fight. My only complaint is that I would have liked to see more interaction with Megatron and Starscream (and the rest of the decepticons, for that matter).

Big fighting robots, explosions, and military showcase. That's all I asked for, and that's what I got. :peace

I agree...and I actually feel a little sorry for anyone who was anticipating an academy-award-fest of a film. To me, it was awesome for what I expected...an action film with explosions, smashing metal, and some silly dialogue.

BR has more than enough storage space to handle an entire IMAX movie...the problem is that it is too cost prohibitive to film an entire movie in IMAX. Those IMAX cameras are too huge and expensive. Maybe one day in the future, but not any time soon.

I CCCCCCCCCCCCCC.

I wasnt a huge fan of this movie the first time i saw it in IMAX, but i gotta say i enjoyed it a bit more with the second viewing. Part 1 still blows it away, but its a good 2 hour plus-forget about lifes problems-kinda movie haha.

It would have been a more enjoyable movie if:
1) It was about 20 minutes shorter
2) Didnt have that pretender garbage
3) Got rid of all the spiritual dream and teleporting BS, i mean thier vehicles.
4) Gave the new autobots (Bike triplets, Corvette) more screentime and a backstory so we could actually give a crap about them
5) Tone down the twins!!!
6) Make the final fight between Prime, the Fallen and Tron more dramatic.
7) Given the fallen a bit more screen time. I kinda feel he just "showed up" at the end. A few more apperances could not have hurt.

These changes would have made it A BIT more watchable for me, but as stated before I wish it would have turned out like the first one......:banghead

But for all it's faults, and I agree that there were many; there are a few things I liked better than the first:

1) More Transformer screen time

2) Better battles, and special effects for the most part

3) Wider variety of Transformers, also a weakness though without much introduction

4) More sets, locations; most of which were pretty visually exciting

:duff

Bust is the appropriate word for this cinematic disaster. I cant believe people bought the DVD/BR. If anything Paramount owes us a refund.

Couldn't agree more! :lecture

I won't even by this blu-ray for the above average special effects. The amount of disastrous and embarrassing scenes in the film outweigh the few decent ones.

Back