Transformers 4: Age of Extinction

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to take my son, he's 4 and obsessed with Transformers. He has never been to the cinema. This is his first movie. So I'm thinking IMAX 3D, he will freak out after about 10mins and we can leave. I tried to convince him to go to How to train your Dragon 2 but got a resolute no.
:lol

Is there decent Transformer action at the start of this?

Box Office Mojo:

Transformers: Age of Extinction opened to an estimated $41.6 million yesterday. That's the biggest opening day of the year so far, and sets the movie up to earn at least $100 million this weekend.

The fourth installment in the Transformers franchise opened ahead of last month's Godzilla, which previously held the 2014 opening day record with $38.4 million. Among Transformers movies, it lagged significantly behind Revenge of the Fallen ($62 million) and was a bit lower than Dark of the Moon ($43.2 million when counting day-early previews).

For the weekend, Age of Extinction is on track to earn around $105 million (Paramount is more conservatively estimating $100 million).

The movie is doing even more impressive business overseas, where it has already earned $80 million. It opened to an estimated $30 million in China, which is the biggest opening day ever for a non-Chinese movie. It has also racked up huge two-day totals in Russia ($10.4 million), South Korea ($9.1 million) and Australia ($4.6 million).

And THIS is why Michael Bay and crew are continued to allowed to make Transformers movies. No matter WHAT fans or movie critics say in the end. The movies sell EXTREMELY well and perform highly at the box office. If this continues, you'll see Transformers in Bay's hands for a loooong time coming.

Movie was terrible started out half decent. the girl nicola peltz is the hottest in the franchise so far. There is no mention of the dinobots they don't call grimlock grimlock galvatron is a joke and there are no decpitcons in the movie . I just wish they would get a new director and reboot this franchise and have all the autobots and deceptions in there original form.

I have to take my son, he's 4 and obsessed with Transformers. He has never been to the cinema. This is his first movie. So I'm thinking IMAX 3D, he will freak out after about 10mins and we can leave. I tried to convince him to go to How to train your Dragon 2 but got a resolute no.
:lol

Is there decent Transformer action at the start of this?

I am assuming he's seen the first 3? Was he ever scared? This one is much darker, much more violent, and has a lot more profanity. Even though my 4 year old loved Transformers, I have only shown him select scenes from the first 3, but know he would nightmares for a long time if he saw this one.

This series is done. The final bullet to the head. Just let it die now.

I was over this series after the first one. And even that one was crappy. It's OVER....

Please let it die.
Please don't go see this movie.
I will be shocked if everyone goes and sees this once again, make $400 million and we end up with Transformers 5...

Bay is a terrible director and very predictable director. I can't stand this guys movies!! lol Stop with the bad acting, stop with the bad humor, stop with the overlong scenes and movies, stop with the excessive explosions and CGI, stop with the slow-mo shots...just stop. Please!!! :(

So many people said this about The Fast and Furious films. Over 10 years later… Still getting made.

:lol at all you guys complaining about it. "Transformers 4 was the worst movie I've ever seen...Transformers 5 was the worst movie I've ever seen...Transformers 6 was the worst movie I've ever seen...etc, etc, etc."

:lol at all you guys contributing to its $100 million weekend. "Transformers 5 directed by Michael Bay" thanks you.

Got no problems with contributing. Might even see it a second time and I'll go see Transformers 5. I mean if I put money to see crappy films like TDKR or Gravity I can do Transformers as well. :lol

And THIS is why Michael Bay and crew are continued to allowed to make Transformers movies. No matter WHAT fans or movie critics say in the end. The movies sell EXTREMELY well and perform highly at the box office. If this continues, you'll see Transformers in Bay's hands for a loooong time coming.

Ya'll are making me want to run out and see this movie!!!!

NOT!

Last edited:
Took my kids to see this today. Was ok. About 30 minutes too long. The action was good. The profanity was a little much, especially for a movie that kids are going to want to go see. But other than that, I knew what I was getting going into it. Nothing new or groundbreaking here.

is it just me or the ending was just a big WTF moment.

he can fly!?
tumblr_mj4q25NK441rz8rkho10_250.gif

lolz

Back