Transformers 4: Age of Extinction

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got tickets to a 9:45 2D showing at my local AMC. Doing the cinema suites thing for this one. :rock

just watched transformers: age of extinction at a special preview screening tonight. i'll say this much, it is an improvement over the last two godawful instalments. not by a huge stretch though. at four movies in, this is pretty much what you'd expect from a michael bay-directed transformers. the action is relentlessly loud and overwhelming, and the script is once again stuffed with atrocious dialogue and nonsensical plot ideas that are introduced just to justify the existence of certain characters (eg: dinobots) but ultimately don't matter in the end. people who enjoyed the first 3 will enjoy more of the same, while those who couldn't stomach the series would be well-advised to stay clear of this.

the upside is, mark wahlberg makes a much more likeable lead than the irritating shia laBeouf and bay seems to have listened to (some of) the criticism of his previous work, making for a (slightly) more coherent viewing experience. the action scenes generally feature more wide shots and less fast cuts, meaning you can actually see what's happening most of the time. kelsey grammer and stanley tucci add some shades and colour to the human cast, and the transformer and human deaths shown onscreen make you feel like there's real danger this time. at least, that's how it comes across early on. sadly, by the time the assault-your-senses finale kicks in, any remaining feeling of peril and concern for the protagonists are bludgeoned out of you. it's overkill upon overkill and after a while it's just tiring. not to mention the non-stop and in-your-face product placements get really annoying.

i cannot honestly say this is a "good" movie, but it does have its moments here and there. if you're just looking for a mindless noisy distraction for 2hrs40mins then this is just the right thing.

2hrs 40 mins?! A Transformers movie shouldn't need a ****ing intermission. If they'd cut these things down to 90 mins, they could probably make decent popcorn flicks out of them.

Heard the robots actually are front in center in this movie and not the damn military. Thats good, So I wont feel like im watching an army picture

I'm very disappointed with this one. Bring another director! And yes, it's way too long!

Ok, can you tell us what you didn't like about it without giving too much away. If that is possible?

- It's way too long.I've noticed after certain time people start talking to each other,playing with phones and moving too much in the chair.
- The plot is meh and human part of the story it's very very cheesy. I didn't feel any connection and didn't care with actors at all
- The only good thing it's the transformers! They all look really awe!

- It's way too long.I've noticed after certain time people start talking to each other,playing with phones and moving too much in the chair.
- The plot is meh and human part of the story it's very very cheesy. I didn't feel any connection and didn't care with actors at all

Cheers mate.
I was only in it to see how the bots look. A decent story would have been nice too.
Like the many others, I'll check it out soon.

how were the Dinobots? how much did Bay ruin them? Did we get to hear the original voice actor say "ME GRIMLOCK!"????

The better cast weren't going to outweigh 'the Bay' but it's gotta be better then watching Shia onscreen again.

I liked Shia in the first film, but the sequels were so bad that everyone involved looked like an amateur, and these movies do have some really great actors in them.

the dinobots are almost entirely dialogue-less. we certainly do not hear grimlock say his signature line, which is a shame. he was always one of favourite characters in the comics/cartoons. generally, the dinobots are mere guest stars but they do play a role at the end. there are some minor kicks to be had from seeing them on a rampage. what i didn't like was the force-fitting of an entirely new mythology for transformers lore just so it justifies the existence of robots in dinosaur form. the mythology wasn't even properly thought-through. it was one idea of many that was dropped in, only to be lost in the mess of other stuff (father-daughter-boyfriend conflict, humans vs transformers war, mankind reverse-engineering transformers tech, etc).

Back