Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon Announced For 2011

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Transformers 3 Announced For 2011

District 9, Inception and Iron Man are some of the reasons why I bought a big TV. They all have great action, reasonably good stories and acting. IMO of course. Transformers has one of this things.

Fair point and all films I have in my collection. Films are still a business though and if Transformers exceeds £1billion at the box office, Michael Bay and co are the ones sleeping on top of all that money every night. They must be doing something right for their product to sell that well.

Fair point and all films I have in my collection. Films are still a business though and if Transformers exceeds £1billion at the box office, Michael Bay and co are the ones sleeping on top of all that money every night. They must be doing something right for their product to sell that well.

I can't help but feel that Bay will be remembered for all the wrong reasons. So he's got a ____ load of money, you'd think after having so much, you'd start to think, ' Ok so I've got a lot of money, I'm going to try and make a film, I'm going to be remembered for and win awards'. Will he ever get bored of making movies with loads of explosions. I guess the one film that strayed away from his formular the most was ' The Island' but even that turned into a typical Baysplosion film. I got no argument with the fact that the guy has style and certain signature but they will get stale and eventually audiences will get fed up with it.

"The opening weekend has been nearly $90 Million more profitable than the opening weekends of the first live-action movie ($70,502,384), and little over $54 million more profitable than Revenge of the Fallen's ($108,966,307.)

Could we see this movie break the $1 Billion Barrier?"
In other words--chances for reboot = 0.00%

If you keep paying them money to see this kind of movie, they're gonna keep making them.

I can't help but feel that Bay will be remembered for all the wrong reasons. So he's got a ____ load of money, you'd think after having so much, you'd start to think, ' Ok so I've got a lot of money, I'm going to try and make a film, I'm going to be remembered for and win awards'. Will he ever get bored of making movies with loads of explosions. I guess the one film that strayed away from his formular the most was ' The Island' but even that turned into a typical Baysplosion film. I got no argument with the fact that the guy has style and certain signature but they will get stale and eventually audiences will get fed up with it.

Michael Bay will forever be shot down by critics, just because he's Michael Bay.

We will never agree on this issue. I just know that films such as Transformers, Armageddon and Bad Boys I and II are films I will always thank Mr. Bay for making.

:peace

I don't hate people for enjoying the movie or anything. Differences of opinion and all. However, I didn't personally enjoy it all that much. It had some cool looking robots and cool cars, and it was a lot better than the second one. It did accomplish the goal of making me want to buy more G1 Transformer toys, so it succeeded in it's goal. I really wish they'd make a Masterpiece Soundwave and Shockwave.

I don't hate people for enjoying it either. I just don't understand it. Even taking into account that all our opinions vary I just find it hard to believe people overlook 1 and a half hours of absolute tosh and still enjoy it as a whole because of the action at the end.

I don't hate people for enjoying it either. I just don't understand it. Even taking into account that all our opinions vary I just find it hard to believe people overlook 1 and a half hours of absolute tosh and still enjoy it as a whole because of the action at the end.

What is this tosh you speak of?

The crap cringeworthy comedy and pointless characters.

It must be British slang I've never heard.

I agree. Pretty much all of the robots were interchangeable and I didn't know any of their names other than the ones that were in the first movie. The parents (especially mom) were very annoying as well.

I wasn't accusing you of hating people that liked the movie, but I was merely stating that I don't. I don't even really question what others thought of it or why they enjoyed it, because I'm glad they liked it. We all like stuff that is disliked in the eyes of others, but that's just the way it is.

Whoever said earlier in the thread that this movie was a rip-off of Doctor Who: The End of Time was dead on the money. They didn't even try to hide it, it was almost shot for shot in some parts.

Overall, I liked it. It took a *really* long time to get off the ground, but the payoff was worth it, imo.

Everything else aside, I really did like seeing the Milwaukee Art Museum and Lake Michigan in Washington DC. :lol

Everything else aside, I really did like seeing the Milwaukee Art Museum and Lake Michigan in Washington DC. :lol

I thought that was pretty funny as well. I guess if you aren't from the area it doesn't matter, but it was kind of confusing when I saw it since it's such a distinct building.

What is this tosh you speak of?

daniel_tosh.jpg

It will indeed bank alot of money, but just like the second could make millions more if they just actually read the script before filming it.

I saw TF1, twice in the theatre and bought the BR, number 2 I saw once and spat on it, same for this one. So thats money lost IMO

It is money lost but for every person they'll get someone like me who will buy it or someone who didn't see it but figures it will be worth grabbing at home.

You really need to get over yourself. I swear people like you go in hoping to hate something just so you can then show everyone how superior you are in you views.

I don't think the Transformers films are Shawshank Redemption, Shindlers List, The Godfather or even LOTR, but they are fun action films with cheesy humor that's fun to watch for a childhood G1 Transformers fan like me.

I don't think the Transformers films are Shawshank Redemption, Shindlers List, The Godfather or even LOTR, but they are fun action films with cheesy humor that's fun to watch for a childhood G1 Transformers fan like me.

:exactly::exactly:

I liked it. I loved the visuals. I loved every moment Optimus and Bumblebee were on screen. Sad that
Spoiler Spoiler:
But rumor is Bay is done with Transformers so you guys that hated it don't have too much to worry about. Could it have better? Duh! But there were some amazing shots in this film. The airborne jumper scenes were amazing and when
Spoiler Spoiler:
. How about Buzz and his cameo. Looked pretty good for an old man.

I actually liked TF3 better than TF 2. I fell asleep in the 2nd one. TF3 actually held my attention ... or was it the Victoria's Secret model/ actress? Eh, probably both.

No one is saying it has to be on par with those movies you mentioned to get respect. The fact is that Bay's work is so all over the place that it makes you wonder how the hell people buy into his bullcrap...just because of the big budget CGI he uses? If that's really the case then damn, blockbuster movie making in hollywood is easy!!

And IMO these TF movies have nothing to do with G1. Infact, G1 series has better comedy than these movies.

No one is saying it has to be on par with those movies you mentioned to get respect. The fact is that Bay's work is so all over the place that it makes you wonder how the hell people buy into his bullcrap...just because of the big budget CGI he uses? If that's really the case then damn, blockbuster movie making in hollywood is easy!!

And IMO these TF movies have nothing to do with G1. Infact, G1 series has better comedy than these movies.

I love the G1 series way more than these movies. I also agree that Bay's work is all over the place. I think the Devastator's balls jokes were beyond ridiculous as was a huge portion of the "humor" in the second film. I thought it was toned down a tad in the 3rd film.

I dunno, I guess I just like giant robots fighting enough to overlook some of the BS.

Back