Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon Announced For 2011

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack's Smirking Revenge
Reaction score
https://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=24396

Now this is confidence – there’s a good three months to go before UK audiences will clap their peepers on Michael Bay’s mega-sequel, Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen. Yet today Paramount and DreamWorks announced a release date for Transformers 3, in anticipation of box office receipts that Variety types might call ‘boffo’.

That date is July 1, 2011, which means that the Transformers threequel will pretty much have the July 4th weekend to itself. Frankly, it’s hard to envisage any rival studios being ballsy enough to go up against it.

Of course, it’s early days yet for the movie. No deals have been struck for the return of Bay, or stars Shia LaBeouf and Megan Fox, while writers haven’t even been hired.

No, this announcement is symptomatic of the increasing need for studios to earmark release dates for their tentpole movies a couple of years before the event. Marvel, of course, announced last week that, amongst other things, they were moving The Avengers to 2012, a year that will already see one of The Hobbit movies.

At this rate, we’ll be able to plan our 2020 weekend activities before the end of the year.

Of course, if Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen doesn't do as well as expected, this could turn out to be a very foolish bet. But we'd be very surprised if that happens. In the history of sure things, few have looked quite as sure as the total Bayhem coming our way on June 26.

Re: Transformers 3 Announced For 2011

Three releases in five years seems fast to me. You can't rush quality writing, intricate plotting, credible dialogue and nuanced character development. That's what these babies are all about.

I forgot to mention that Michael Bay loves to include energetic and sassy Negro characters in his films. Has he won an Image award yet?

I hope the zany loud mouthed doughnut eating hacker character will be back for the next one. He so crazy!

The ironic thing is,
in 2011 we'll have 3 Transformers movies that are 25% about the Transformers, 25% explosions and 50% about Sam Witwicky trying to get in Mikaela's pants...
:lol:lol:lol

Michael Bay left a response to yesterday's reports of Transformers 3 being dated for July of 2011 on his forums:

I said I was taking off a year from Transformers. Paramount made a mistake in dating Transformers 3 - they asked me on the phone - I said yes to July 4 - but for 2012 - whoops! Not 2011!!! That would mean I would have to start prep in September. No way. My brain needs a break from fighting robots.

Michael Bay left a response to yesterday's reports of Transformers 3 being dated for July of 2011 on his forums:

I said I was taking off a year from Transformers. Paramount made a mistake in dating Transformers 3 - they asked me on the phone - I said yes to July 4 - but for 2012 - whoops! Not 2011!!! That would mean I would have to start prep in September. No way. My brain needs a break from fighting robots.

It's nice to see they're all on the same page. :lol :rolleyes:

"there’s a good three months to go before UK audiences will clap their peepers "

lol, like the UK matters when it comes to US blockbuster movies.

"there’s a good three months to go before UK audiences will clap their peepers "

lol, like the UK matters when it comes to US blockbuster movies.

please..like you're 100% American, they'll be Irish, Scottish or some other blood in there :lol

unless you're Navajo :lol

bring on the dinobots!

I forgot to mention that Michael Bay loves to include energetic and sassy Negro characters in his films. Has he won an Image award yet?

I hope the zany loud mouthed doughnut eating hacker character will be back for the next one. He so crazy!

I actually squirmed in my theater seat when all the shuckin' and jivin' moments popped up. How in the world could they possibly think that was okay? Hopefully we'll see none of that in the sequels.

I actually squirmed in my theater seat when all the shuckin' and jivin' moments popped up. How in the world could they possibly think that was okay? Hopefully we'll see none of that in the sequels.

i personally couldnt care less. as dumb as it might have been i found it entertaining. if you dont like it, then dont watch it. its that easy. i hate it when people feel they need to remove things for other people when it doesnt actually effect anyone.

I don't hope this nickoloden POS is back in this movie..he ruins it..Jazz ruined it as well..he was never that "black" in the cartoon..sorry but, ebonics and Tranformers do not mix..no way..Bernie Mac's "bust a rock in yo head" line was probally the only funny part of the movie though...but, still..not to sound offensive..i realize he tries to make these movies for everyone but, that really is what holds it back...the dumb blonde with poor aussie accent, the dumb acting nerd black guy, the hot and dumb hero's crush..this movie was twisted...in a sense.

And now Bay on his blog is saying Paramount made a mistake. That they told him 2012.

Back