Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon Announced For 2011

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Transformers 3 Announced For 2011

Anyone know why they didn't just call the bright red sports car, oh I don't know....Hot Rod?

Because Bay has an ego the size of the Sears tower and has no qualms about completely creating new no-name characters than the 100+ ones that already exist.

Regardless of how dumb it was to not call the red sports car "Hot Rod" I guess I'm failing to see how an Italian name for a Ferrari is somehow taboo. The twins in ROTF were negative stereotypes, I don't see what's negative about one of the most awesome cars on the planet who also kicks ass in robot mode.

I do thinks its interesting that the quick scene of Autobots blasting through the Iranian checkpoint was edited out of theatrical cuts shown in Arabian countries though.

Because, like with the twins, people like to make a lot out of nothing.

Wrong, its a big deal cuz its a ____in stupid name. 100 Autobot existing names and they pick Dino???

____

Why not call Optimus Prime, Jim Bob

:slap

Because, like with the twins, people like to make a lot out of nothing.
You're talking about the two little black stereotype bots who are annoying as ____ and always fighting?

If those two were not in the movie, I really think I would have enjoyed it a bit.

I just watched this again for the first time since seeing it in the theater last July. As I suspected it played better at home. Well the visuals were not as spectacular as they were in 3D on a giant screen of course but the movie itself fared better.

I have to chuckle because to me, whether it was intentional or not, it really seems to play as a loving tribute to the summer of 1986. Dark of the Moon feels like what you would get if you took Transformers the Movie, Aliens, and Top Gun and stuffed them in a can, shook them up and dumped them out. Its obviously not as good as any of those films but I find that DOTM is kind of a kick for that reason and one of those "whole is greater than the sum of its parts" kind of movies.

I had a gift card from Amazon that I used towards the 3D version. I just skip the first half and go straight to Chicago. It looks and sounds really great.

Cybertron opening, Chernobyl, freeway chase and Chicago are all quite spectacular. The movie's action certainly doesn't disappoint and Avengers will be hard pressed to match it in that regard.

Back