Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon Announced For 2011

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Transformers 3 Announced For 2011

Saw it today. Really enjoyed it. Was pretty much what I was expecting. A lot of fun.

here's a quote from tfw2005 concerning the movie's overall performance thus far:
"Box Office Mojo has recently updated with the five-day opening totals for the recently released movie. Over the weekend, Dark of the Moon has taken over the box-office with an estimated $97.4 million bringing the total so far to an $162,125,000 release, and a whopping $372,125,000 worldwide.

The opening weekend has been nearly $90 Million more profitable than the opening weekends of the first live-action movie ($70,502,384), and little over $54 million more profitable than Revenge of the Fallen's ($108,966,307.)

Could we see this movie break the $1 Billion Barrier?"

Take that haters, hopefully more on the way :D

I don't give a crap how much money it makes. People aren't going to look back years from now and think ' Wow what an incredible film'. Bit like Avatar really.

How much it makes does nothing to me as far as the quality of the overall film, which is mediocre at best. Of course people want to see a great action summer movie with great CGI and action and 3D. Problem is, there is alot of unnecessary crap in the film.
I like a good "shut your brain off and enjoy" film like anyone. But not when I have to sit through a long, drawn out movie with alot of bad silly humor, useless scenes, victoria secret model shoot, asian paranoid guy jumping around in bathroom stalls with his pants down, and every other annoying character they added to this movie. A bad comedy surrounded by a great transformer film. Dinolast said that best.

Alright my final say is done with this film lol Time to move on. Bring the countdown for Captain America for me.

Right making a ton of money doesn't mean a film is a good or great film. As, said I enjoyed the film a ton and walked out pretty pumped from it. If someone wants my thoughts I wrote a novel a few pages back, and for me I'll be ready to PO this on Blu when it comes out.

Right making a ton of money doesn't mean a film is a good or great film. As, said I enjoyed the film a ton and walked out pretty pumped from it. If someone wants my thoughts I wrote a novel a few pages back, and for me I'll be ready to PO this on Blu when it comes out.

Personally I don't care what Josh's views are on the film. Anyone who likes this piece of crap, I can't take seriously and I sure as hell won't be deciding what films to watch in the future based on his opinion. I mean he thought Green Lantern was excellent too. Fair enough if thats his opinion but these two films are some of the worst I've ever seen at the cinema. :cuckoo:

I don't give a crap how much money it makes. People aren't going to look back years from now and think ' Wow what an incredible film'. Bit like Avatar really.

I know I will. Especially with Avatar; I had never seen something like that on the cinema screen in 3D before.

Oh yeah , don't get me wrong, at the cinema it looked amazing. It was experience and for that reason I guess it will be remembered but after watching it on Blu Ray in 2D I realised what an average movie it was. All I will remember it for is how good it looked in 3D but how basic the film is without that aspect.

meh for those of us who enjoyed this movie and the others, I guess the numbers is a good thing right? :)

meh for those of us who enjoyed this movie and the others, I guess the numbers is a good thing right? :)

Why though, you had nothing to do with the production. When you tell your grand children that it was one of the highest grossing films ever, they will probably be bewildered as to why.

Anyone who likes this piece of crap, I can't take seriously and I sure as hell won't be deciding what films to watch in the future based on his opinion.

You mean the general movie fan/ goer then? As much as us guys on our message boards like to think we rule the world the rest of the world votes with their wallets when they decide to watch a film. In regards to a film that exceeds £1 billion at the box office, this is achieved through repeat viewings.

You mean the general movie fan/ goer then? As much as us guys on our message boards like to think we rule the world the rest of the world votes with their wallets when they decide to watch a film. In regards to a film that exceeds £1 billion at the box office, this is achieved through repeat viewings.

Meh, a few years down the line peoples opinions will change. I can speak for myself as there have been a few films I saw at the cinema and then enjoyed them alot less after repeat viewings.

Why though, you had nothing to do with the production. When you tell your grand children that it was one of the highest grossing films ever, they will probably be bewildered as to why.

well good numbers usually equals to more sequels so yea that's how I'm content... Maybe and HOPEFULLY we get another one...

Meh, a few years down the line peoples opinions will change. I can speak for myself as there have been a few films I saw at the cinema and then enjoyed them alot less after repeat viewings.

Think of it this way. If your looking for a perfect film, critics love films such as The King's Speech, Slumdog Millionaire and No Country for Old Men. All very good films but are these films that I want in my dvd collection to watch on a regular basis; not really. Transformers, Avatar are the reason I invested in an 1080p 100hz TV, surround sound and blu ray system.:rock

well good numbers usually equals to more sequels so yea that's how I'm content... Maybe and HOPEFULLY we get another one...

Hopefully we will get another one. Without Michael Bay and the rest of the douchebags that helped make this turd.

Think of it this way. If your looking for a perfect film, critics love films such as The King's Speech, Slumdog Millionaire and No Country for Old Men. All very good films but are these films that I want in my dvd collection to watch on a regular basis; not really. Transformers, Avatar are the reason I invested in an 1080p 100hz TV, surround sound and blu ray system.:rock

District 9, Inception and Iron Man are some of the reasons why I bought a big TV. They all have great action, reasonably good stories and acting. IMO of course. Transformers has one of this things.

Right making a ton of money doesn't mean a film is a good or great film. As, said I enjoyed the film a ton and walked out pretty pumped from it. If someone wants my thoughts I wrote a novel a few pages back, and for me I'll be ready to PO this on Blu when it comes out.[/QUOTE

Im hoping for a steelbook.

Back