Toys McCoy Indiana Jones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pleasantly surprised to find this at DragonCon over the weekend. In all honesty, I've never seen one in person, so I had to do a double take when I saw the front of the box. Great condition. I don't plan on opening him.

Congrats Choop! Great Indiana Jones collectible for your collection.

:yess:

Congrats Choop! Great Indiana Jones collectible for your collection.

:yess:

Thanks buddy! :D I was excited when I spotted it.

Yeah, if I can find the horse mint in the box with the accessories I wouldn't mind picking it up just to complete the set. Anyone have both Indy and the horse?

Thanks buddy! :D I was excited when I spotted it.

Yeah, if I can find the horse mint in the box with the accessories I wouldn't mind picking it up just to complete the set. Anyone have both Indy and the horse?

It's just a redo/repaint of the old Marx mold from the 1960's (and so is a little undersize.) Used Marx horses are pretty cheap on eBay, but the TM saddle and cloth is nice to have, though not that distinctive in the film that you couldn't just use a Marx one.

Or send an eBay message to this guy - it's just the TM horse and is non-mint, no saddle etc. - but you might get a decent deal if he's willing to sell it separately:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Toys-McCoy...on_Figures&hash=item4cfda62c24#ht_17550wt_998

Last edited:
The guy was asking $600. I paid $450. It's a little more than I wanted to pay, but I figured I wouldn't get it for any cheaper stumbling across it in person. I could have probably gotten it for cheaper on the Bay, but I really don't like to pay for high ticket items like this on the web because sometimes you just don't know what you are going to get.

Still lovin my piece, I got mine from eBay for $300 shipped. The BEST deal I have EVER seen on one in the last 5 years. I love everything about it, its vintage look and box stylization just (for me at least) put it leaps and bounds ahead of the Hot Toys Version. Great score, and welcome to the McCoy club.

Still lovin my piece, I got mine from eBay for $300 shipped. The BEST deal I have EVER seen on one in the last 5 years. I love everything about it, its vintage look and box stylization just (for me at least) put it leaps and bounds ahead of the Hot Toys Version. Great score, and welcome to the McCoy club.

Yeah, you got a good deal. Did you open yours?

Yeah, you got a good deal. Did you open yours?

I'm more or less on the fence about that. On one hand it is an AWESOME figure and I would love to display it on its own, on the other the packaging kind of makes it what it is (and would ruin the presentation if opened). I'm leaning on the NOT opening side of the fence but I'm still unsure.

I picked that one up years ago when that was the only real option out there... opened mine... however, now with the slew of great 1/6 Indy parts on the market I wish I did have this one in the box still.... never have been a "keep it in the box" collector.. but this would be the exception as the packaging was unique..

Not to get too sidetracked ... but one of my "wish list" projects is to build a custom Arabian horse for my 1/6 display cabinet... with real leather saddle and tack.... add that to the ridiculous laundry list of projects though !!

I picked that one up years ago when that was the only real option out there... opened mine... however, now with the slew of great 1/6 Indy parts on the market I wish I did have this one in the box still.... never have been a "keep it in the box" collector.. but this would be the exception as the packaging was unique..

I agree. Luckily I never got around to opening mine. A friend got it for me as a gift in 2002. I actually think he got caught up in the ebay auction and suddenly realized he won.

I'd love to see a good horse done for Indy. Do any of those DiD horses work, color-wise?

I agree. Luckily I never got around to opening mine. A friend got it for me as a gift in 2002. I actually think he got caught up in the ebay auction and suddenly realized he won.

I'd love to see a good horse done for Indy. Do any of those DiD horses work, color-wise?

Many of the 1/6 horses are either too big (Dragon) or too small (Marx) There are a few others that have odd rat-looking heads (the furred ones.) The joints on the Dragon/DID ones also have a very toy-like look. If only HT would do a horse... "Lone Ranger" is coming...

I looked into it but felt I'd never really display Indy on a horse anyway - he's only on one for maybe a total of 30 seconds in ROTLA, longer in TLC, but sitting on horseback's not as strongly iconic "Indy" to me for some reason.

Back