Statue [Toynami] Iron Man Mark 43 Cinemaquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pose looks like sideshow pose and base is ironstudios ironman 3 base

Yep, the IS base is better looking as well.

The Sparrow portrait above is good, the rest are very off imo.

There were pics of the RDJ portrait when these went up and it wasn't bad, he just looked very old or hungover.

In regards to the silicone portraits I assume Cinemaquette perfected the 'transition from clay to silicone' process in the last years cause the silicone Vader production head turned out very good.
Looking at the original Bruce Lee clay sculpt which had an accurate likenesses it is clear to me that something went very wrong in that process, and that for all their previous human characters. I'm hopeful after seeing the Vader portrait that they can pull off a good RDJ likeness...

Last edited:
If your talking about the picture where he has a bad hair day , that's not the IM cm , correct me if I'm wrong my friend
They have not shown pics of the silicone face because the RDJR team have not approved the likeness yet .

In regards to the silicone portraits I assume Cinemaquette perfected the 'transition from clay to silicone' process in the last years cause the silicone Vader production head turned out very good.
Looking at the original Bruce Lee clay sculpt which had an accurate likenesses it is clear to me that something went very wrong in that process, for all their previous human characters. I'm hopeful after seeing the Vader portrait that they can pull off a good RDJ likeness...

I was not impressed with the vader portrait. it looked more like the guy from the munsters.

I never heard about these Cinemaquette until now and so far in this thread I don't see a single comment that justify the price tag of $2000 and above for these statues.

Cinemaquettes are awesome !!!! ;)
Lv6o5RO.jpg

That's a great shot of Sparrow Karim. My initial impression of this IM is that the pose is a little wonky, but I had the same thought about Vader, and he still impresses me every time I see him in my display.

we need to see the face for this cause that's really going to be the biggest factor here.

Well I for one am willing to pay the price , why ? Because it's the scale I prefer is it the armor I like best ? No but does look cool . Do I qualify in one who doesn't know the armory , yes , why? Because not everyone knows the whole stories of characters unless you are a hardcore fan . Just as I'm a hardcore fan of Rick baker I'm Sure some would not know the diffrence between platinum silicone and tin silicone hell I saw all the underworld movies but did I know who was Marcus or a lycan , nope I just enjoyed the movies but don't remember all the names , not until ECC came out with the bust and maquette , I know I know but that's how things are , Statues are like paintings , they really are worth the price a collector is willing to pay . Just today the SS old hulks green and grey sold for over 2000 bucks ,each would I pay that much ? No because I'm not into them , if I was I would . And that is how I justify the price on anything I buy , if I like it and want it , and will be happy with it then it's worth it , to me , do I buy becuase eventually they may go up in price and make a profit or at least make my money back , no , I buy for my enjoyment , and that's it

Well I for one am willing to pay the price , why ? Because it's the scale I prefer is it the armor I like best ? No but does look cool . Do I qualify in one who doesn't know the armory , yes , why? Because not everyone knows the whole stories of characters unless you are a hardcore fan . Just as I'm a hardcore fan of Rick baker I'm Sure some would not know the diffrence between platinum silicone and tin silicone hell I saw all the underworld movies but did I know who was Marcus or a lycan , nope I just enjoyed the movies but don't remember all the names , not until ECC came out with the bust and maquette , I know I know but that's how things are , Statues are like paintings , they really are worth the price a collector is willing to pay . Just today the SS old hulks green and grey sold for over 2000 bucks ,each would I pay that much ? No because I'm not into them , if I was I would . And that is how I justify the price on anything I buy , if I like it and want it , and will be happy with it then it's worth it , to me , do I buy becuase eventually they may go up in price and make a profit or at least make my money back , no , I buy for my enjoyment , and that's it

:goodpost: Rafael! Art is subjective to one's taste and I don't buy a statue just because there is demand and value. It's is irrelavant if the art does not speak to me or something I don't care for. For instant, Prime 1 Optimus exclusive statue. I have no interest in the exclusive shotgun because I will not display it. It may have higher resell value but I'm not in it to make money.

Last edited:
Iron Man Mark 43 Cinemaquette

Didn't see a thread. Let me know if one already exists.

Iron Man Mark 43 Cinemaquette (scale: 1/3).

How you like the new armor, guys and girls? :)

11008521_10206738296842239_6789300425624071014_o.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Iron Man Mark 43 Cinemaquette

Not sure about the pose that they used. Something about where the left leg is, maybe.

Re: Iron Man Mark 43 Cinemaquette

There's tumbleweeds blowing through an existing thread somewhere on here lol

Back