Toynami 1:1 Batman Returns Cowl and Spear Gun

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
speargun.jpg

The first movie spear gun was a much better looking design.

I feel everything in the first film was better. I like Rertuns as a movie, but Batman's costume and gear and even vehicles looked cooler in the first film, everything got too nice and pristine in Returns.

I agree though, i liked the cowl/suit better in Returns for some reason and also more of the features seen with the Batmobile in Returns.

Come to think of it now, i was watching Batman Begins the other night, and i could swear when Gordon remote opens the cockpit to the Tumbler, its the exact same sound you hear in Batman Returns when Keaton engages/disengages the shields on the batmobile.

Could be, some of these sound FX places recycle stuff. I've heard the roar from the 1976 King Kong used for other creatures, I think some of the roars in Avatar sounded similar to the T-Rex in Jurassic Park. I guess why reinvent the wheel when you've got something you can already use.

I liked it because, it looked more exspensive(this guy is Bruce Wayne after all) and more functional, and less restrictive in which it truly was for the actor.

The change made to the bat emblem was also a good choice, the cowl looks more sleek and less like it was made from papermache.

89 was such a classic. everything about it. imagine a HT vicki vale / kim basinger :D

oh man, imagine a HT 89 BATMAN!! alternate keaton head.. hehe..

I liked it because, it looked more exspensive(this guy is Bruce Wayne after all) and more functional, and less restrictive in which it truly was for the actor.

The change made to the bat emblem was also a good choice, the cowl looks more sleek and less like it was made from papermache.

+1. yup, keaton was able to at least turn his head some haha..:banana

I have it ordered fro Big Bad Toys that would be awesome

Me too. They told me it was @ the end of March.
I cant wait. I like it very very much :banana

But i dont think it`s wearable. I read it somewhere, but dont know where.

You guys know it's available for preorder at

www.cinemaquette.com

don't you?

Introducing a new line of cinematic prop replicas with one of the most iconic masks in the superhero world: The Bat-Cowl from Batman Returns! Limited to a production run of only 500 pieces, the Bat-Cowl has been professionally crafted from the original prop worn in Tim Burton’s 1992 film. Composed of sturdy fiberglass, the non-wearable Bat-Cowl hangs on a utility-belt-styled display stand. Taking Preorders now! Shipping in Spring 2010.

I saw it on BBTS for 1st Quarter and Entertainment Earth for June. Whatever the date it's not soon enough. I can't wait! Looks awesome!

I pre-ordered the Returns Cowl and I just bought a TDK Cowl off ebay I am hoping it is a nice piece.

Back